User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wildkat.....Pe Ben & Boychuk

Hi Wildkat....was wondering if you have any info on Pe Ben and Boychuk Transport : I've received interview calls from both, since, as I'd written to you earlier, I'm in the process of trying to look for some winter work.

I'm more inclined towards Pe Ben, since it's a sister company ( sometimes they park their trucks and trailers in our yard ), and I'll get to retain my seniority within my own company, when I choose to come back. About Boychuk, I've really no idea, which is why I thought of asking you. I've also applied to ECL, but have yet to hear from them. I only plan to do this for the winter, and then get back to hauling for my company again, since I've built up a pretty decent working relationship with the despatchers.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Sorry took me so long to get back Graymist, been stuck up north the last few days, big ice jam on the MacKenzie, in the old days a couple of sticks of dynamite woulda cured the problem in a few hours, but now...well might kill a fish don't ya know.... LOL :lol: :lol:

I went to school with Tommy Boychuk, far as I know they are a decent place to work, PeBen as well, I don't have alot to do with the fuel haulers, I am strictly LTL these days, and only know of these by reputation, but from what I know both are decent.

ECL does alot of work in the north, & contracts out alot of their drivers for RTL, who runs strictly north & does pretty much all of the fuel hauling on the ice roads in winter (rumour has it that should be opening in early January this year, nice & cold up there (-25), good for making ice). Was -32 when I came down last night with a nasty windchill of -60...now THAT is cold!!

Hope this helps!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Sorry took me so long to get back Graymist, been stuck up north the last few days, big ice jam on the MacKenzie, in the old days a couple of sticks of dynamite woulda cured the problem in a few hours, but now...well might kill a fish don't ya know.... LOL :lol: :lol:

I went to school with Tommy Boychuk, far as I know they are a decent place to work, PeBen as well, I don't have alot to do with the fuel haulers, I am strictly LTL these days, and only know of these by reputation, but from what I know both are decent.

ECL does alot of work in the north, & contracts out alot of their drivers for RTL, who runs strictly north & does pretty much all of the fuel hauling on the ice roads in winter (rumour has it that should be opening in early January this year, nice & cold up there (-25), good for making ice). Was -32 when I came down last night with a nasty windchill of -60...now THAT is cold!!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your opinion, Kat. Depending upon how slow or busy we get at Cascade this winter, I'll probably go with ECL till next spring, as they have city-driving positions too, which interests me quite a bit. With Pe Ben, it's mainly highway stuff, and I'm not too comfortable doing highway at this time of the year, especially 'cos this winter is predicted to be the harshest one in the past 14 years.

Drive safe out there.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Hear that, just got back from Yellowknife... it was 42 freakin BELOW!!! Bloody COLD no matter how you say it!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"