User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default HOW CAN A TRUCKER MARRY A GOOD WOMAN?

Too many drivers abandon trucks and run out of route and cant concentrate on the job because they have married an insecure, hoe-bag, tramp who only wanted his paycheck on Fridays and the freedom to spend it while he is on the road.

HOW CAN A TRUCKER MARRY A GOOD WOMAN? :? :? :cry: :cry:

I need to know the answer :idea: :idea:
Old 11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Board Regular

Don't knock all of us women :shock: I agree though, it is way too difficult to get to know someone, when your always gone, just a day here and there doesn't cut it.

While I am not out there looking, not ready yet, I kind of have my feelers out on what to do when the time comes, I really don't know what I will do to meet someone.

When I met my hubby, I had a normal life that involved going home at night. This lifestyle is not conducive to meeting nice guys. Ones that live where you live, since you are never home and don't have time to meet one.

So, if any of you all have an answer, I would love to hear it too.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think there are good women out there. Unless a relationship is strong, it isn't going to hold together, whether you are on the road or at home. I believe the most important element in any relationship is communication. Unless you can talk to one another you don't have much of a relationship. You can solve most any conflict or problem with communication. It isn't always the man who fails to communicate. Some women find it difficult to communicate about their feelings. Some people just make the wrong choice in a mate. We see in them what we want, rather than what is actually before us. You will never be able to change someone to be as you want them. You must accept them for what they are. Change must come from within. All too often we have false expectations from our mates. Every relationship has it's bumps. Both must be willing to commit to the relationship and to working things out.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I think there are good women out there. Unless a relationship is strong, it isn't going to hold together, whether you are on the road or at home. I believe the most important element in any relationship is communication. Unless you can talk to one another you don't have much of a relationship. You can solve most any conflict or problem with communication. It isn't always the man who fails to communicate. Some women find it difficult to communicate about their feelings. Some people just make the wrong choice in a mate. We see in them what we want, rather than what is actually before us. You will never be able to change someone to be as you want them. You must accept them for what they are. Change must come from within. All too often we have false expectations from our mates. Every relationship has it's bumps. Both must be willing to commit to the relationship and to working things out.
Well said GMAN. I think anyone who will be in these types of marriages has to know what they are getting into from the start. It's not your ordinary situation. This doesn't just go in trucking, I think it's the same when the other half is missing from the home, whether be it half the day or half the month, AS A NORM. The woman has to be very independent and can run the whole household-from the kids, everyday things and the great extras like leaky roofs or car trouble. It's a lot to put on someone's plate.

Men say they like independent and strong women....we all aren't wimpy and need a man around constantly. I can and do hold down the fort.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Honestly the question can be asked both ways.

That said there are too many people out there with the " Someone esle syndrome"

I do believe it is a condition that you always think your going to find someone better then the one you are with. What you end up with is the same or worse and all the garbage you brought from the last relationship.

I am not saying this is everyone, as I am still with my husband, but I am running into so many of my friends that one or the other has abandoned the marriage in pursuit of Mr or Mrs "Perfect".

Here is an idea quit, quiting on your spouse and running away from issues instead of dealing with them as they will just follow you to your next relationship sooner or later.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member

GMAN..
Quote:
I think there are good women out there. Unless a relationship is strong, it isn't going to hold together, whether you are on the road or at home. I believe the most important element in any relationship is communication.
I beleive you hit the nail on the head here.

To many people marry because they DON'T want to be alone ... so they jump into a marriage in order to secure the idea there will always be someone to love you. Some people are in love with the idea of 'being in love' and forget that it's a full time job to keep the relationship going strong. ... I personally have met many men in my life that only wanted someone to take care of them and use my money. ... So it does work both ways. ... If someone is going to cheat on you or only wants your money - they would do it no matter what kind of job a person has....

I hate it when people abuse others this way ... it only makes it harder for honest people like me to meet someone. ... I had to learn a long time ago that not all men were bums, cheats, liers and users .... Try not to let one bad apple spoil the whole basket.

Theres no cut and dry answer here ... people just need to take their time to get to know someone before jumping into a relationship.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

My wife and I dated for 4 years and have been married for over 27 years. I think it is best to take your time and not rush into marriage. It takes time to get to know someone.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
My wife and I dated for 4 years and have been married for over 27 years. I think it is best to take your time and not rush into marriage. It takes time to get to know someone.

Mike,you make a lot of good points. I married my wife just after six months of dating but I just KNEW she was the one. :lol: One way I discovered this was with the RICH test. When we met I told her I was rich.She looked surprised when I told her I own a truck and I am rich. :lol: I don't blame her,until I told her I was rich in HEART,NOT in money. :lol: We got married this last July and I may have a child on the way.It is a great feeling even though I will have a lot more responsibilties. I wouldn't have it any other way,but that's me.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I also agree its great when we take our time and get to know the people we are dating and wanting to marry. Over time one can watch how the other half deals with family and adversity for me this very important. I dated my wife for over 6 years before we got married this year. Most ask why it took so long its because we both wanted a real wedding and that cost $$$ so we waited..

Good luck!
Old 11-22-2007, 04:20 PM