User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wildkat: Excuse for what? I have not insulted anyone on this thread. Everytime I get on I have to be insulted by Shawnee. You are the one that posted glamor shots not me. Why doesn't she come after you?

There's nothing wrong about being proud of doing a position that is tough at times and there's certainly nothing wrong about saying one is good looking. Absolutely nothing!

Here we go again Wildkat. Why is it that no one P.M.s when they disagree? Oh yeah, it isn't being catty getting on the forum and putting each other down. Specifically people in our age group should not be using this as a forum to put each other down.

Gee, I don't think I've made my point over and over about how women don't get along have I? You have proven the point yet again.

I haven't put anyone down here but acouple of you seem to enjoy consistently putting someone else down. Wildkat with all your accomplishments it seems to me you would be above that type of behavior.

I won't get into a pissing contest with either one of you Canadians. If you want to put me down P.M. me. I don't think it's very becoming or mature to be doing this on the forum.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Oh brother. :roll: :roll: ... Ok I give :roll: :roll: ...I wasn't putting anyone down, nor was I trying to be insulting.

YOU were the one who brought up the glamour shot thing as an obvious dig at me, as I said if you had actually READ the thread, we were talking about how some, not all mind you, men just take you by your looks...I don't have an issue with my looks...I'm nearly 50, I'm proud of how I look

I also have been in your shoes...walked many miles in them as a matter of fact...have a STACK of t-shirts to prove it too. I live by the following...

What doesn't break you makes you stronger

... Believe me, I graduated from the school of hard knocks with honours! But I don't use that fact, actually it's something I almost NEVER talk about, as an excuse for the way I behave, good, bad or indifferent. I am me, I am comfortable in my own skin, so to speak.

We all have the choice in life to take what life gives us, we can learn from it & move on or let it make us angry & bitter...I chose to learn by it & move on, I seldom dwell on the past, it's not healthy IMHO.

I have also worked extremely hard for what I have accomplished, nobody EVER gave me anything. What I have I've gotten from my own blood, sweat & tears. I'm proud of the courtesy & respect I have EARNED from others in an industry I have devoted my entire adult life to.

<<<Kat gets off her soap box now>>>> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Board Regular

I don't dwell on the past. I was simply stating why I am where I am. I too am proud of my accomplishments. As should any one of us who can cut in a male dominated industry.

I have two degrees and worked very hard to be educated. I would make a hell of a lot more money back in the office than trucking. I chose to go trucking for two reasons: I love to drive and was sick of working with catty women. I never said that they picked on me for my looks. They are just down right catty and mean, at times for no apparent reason.

I supervised 7 Accountants there wasn't a day that all 7 were happy. They were either PMSing, complaining or crying. I don't know how the Financial Statements got done. Oh yeah, I'd stay sometimes all night to do the work others should have been doing that's how they got done. Silly me, how could I possibly forget that?!?

I could have had a very cushy life and stayed married to someone who made oodles of money. However, my happiness was the most important thing to me. I was tired of being emotionally abused every day. I kept hoping he would change-no way!!! I truly believe once you're an abuser you don't change. It wasn't for a year or two.

So Wildkat I wasn't trying to insult you and glad to hear you weren't insulting me. I was simply trying to explain earlier that I am comfortable in my skin for the first time in decades and shouldn't have to be embarassed or ashamed that I realize that I'm a worthy women. Every single one of us has earned respect.

I haven't been in the industry as long as you have but have done many other things to get me to this path. It is not easy for someone to start over after going through all the education that I have. Trucking would not be considered an easy profession for a woman by any stretch of the imagination.

I hauled trucks and put them on the ground, the axles in the drives and mostly did this in your homeland. I was in 20 below weather one day, with the snow burying my tools when I laid them down to change tools, in Montreal taking trucks apart [don't even know what the wind chill was that day]. I too have earned that respect and don't intend to insult or belittle any one on this forum.

I'm glad that some women have had good experiences with other women. Unfortunately, I have not. They see me in a skirt and I have had many a female talk down to me thinking there's a little Mister in the truck to do the "real work" for me. That has nothing to do with looks it has to do with the fact that they think I'm a prissy female. NOT!!!

The next time a "woman" does that to me I will ask her to come over to my truck name the tools I use and ask them what they are used for. That should make my point.

I came to C.A.D. for some stress release I certainly didn't intend to get into any pissing contests. So I hope we can declare some sort of truce here? 8) :roll:
Old 12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Grow up little girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
Wow!!! You two women just proved my point about not getting along with other women. Seems to me that I was responding to Rawhide trying to help her out.

Shawnee you just make me laugh girl. I was trying to make a point about how women don't play well together. You just proved my point girl.

I am not the one that posted glamour shots on C.A.D. Funny how you didn't go after the other woman for that stunt! She's the one that went on and on about how she's aged like a fine wine. Please Shawnee get over yourself. I mentioned I'm attractive because I was emotionally abused for years and didn't think very highly of myself due to the abuse my husband bestowed on me.

It has taken me years to get over it and I'm still working on it. I'm beautiful inside and don't really give a damn about the outside. I was making a point about how petty women can be. You have proved my point over and over EVER TIME YOU COME AFTER ME WITH THAT B.S. ABOUT HOW I SAY I'M SO GOOD LOOKING. Seems to me you say that over and over yourself. So who is calling the kettle black little girl? I don't tell everyone I'm better than everyone else. Get over yourself girl.

If you weren't emotionally abused for years you couldn't possibly understand how much work it took to realize that I was a good person inside as well as out.

So the next time you want to assault me on C.A.D. do it privately. I'm sick and tired of your B.S. girl.

I get along very well with other women, you seem to be the one who always has problems with other women, and I think it has to do with your attitude. All I said was that I never had trouble with other women because of my looks

I just thought it was a ridiculous idea that it had to be an ugly woman who was causing problems for Rawhide, because all ugly women are jealous right.

I seem to recall you making some nasty comments when wildkat posted her picture, but you said in your original post that you also want to post your picture. Well go ahead, post your picture and see how many compliments you get.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Board Regular

Quote:

I never said that they picked on me for my looks. They are just down right catty and mean, at times for no apparent reason

I'm glad that some women have had good experiences with other women. Unfortunately, I have not. They see me in a skirt and I have had many a female talk down to me thinking there's a little Mister in the truck to do the "real work" for me. That has nothing to do with looks it has to do with the fact that they think I'm a prissy female. NOT!!!

The next time a "woman" does that to me I will ask her to come over to my truck name the tools I use and ask them what they are used for. That should make my point.
Yes you did, you said that ugly women are jealous of better looking, smarter, richer women (which I guess would be you). You basically said that if that girl was ugly nobody would start that crap about her. And about the other women that you say think you are prissy, maybe you come across as being stuck up to these other people

By the way, I have an entire shop full of tools at my house so don't think that I can't use tools.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Board Regular

Shawnee: Great for you getting along with women. As I recall you have not been in an office environment. Pray tell, how many women do you come across in trucking? UM!!! Nothing like sitting in an office with 10 women day after day. But oh yeah, you have had so much experience dealing with women at the ripe age of what 29?

I'm glad that you are an owner operator and have been successful. There is no reason to have to tear another female down. Yes, I've mentioned the glamour shots because you tear me down and I haven't even posted my picture. What's up with that anyway? Does is make you feel better to constantly tell me that I've mentioned occasionally that I'm not someone with five warts on my face?

Seems to me you've mentioned that on occasion yourself that you're attractive. Does anyone come after you with such vinegar and distaste? No. I don't have the energy or desire to get into a pissing contest with you. I came over here for some stress release.

Why must you constantly banter about me not getting along with women? Did you bother to read my posts about staying all night to do work that others should have done? I would imagine you wouldn't appreciate that yourself?!?

I only mentioned my looks on occasion it has not been a big deal until you constantly bring it up. I'm leaving tonight and won't be back for weeks so if you respond you won't have a sparring partner for quite some time. I said that women are always comparing to others regarding looks, intellect and money. No, I did not say that I was rich. I once was rich. I am not now. I do not have an attitude about women I just prefer working with men. Several women concur with me whether they are on this board or not. Absolutely, nothing wrong with saying that.

Oh yeah, I realize that people don't have to be gone for weeks to make a good leaving either. I choose to do this. Congrats again on your success of not having to be out for weeks.

You see I'm not competitive with others. I compete against myself to become better. So go ahead and mention all my bad attributes, that's not my nature to tear others down. IT ABSOLUTELY SERVES NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO REINFORCE MY COMMENTS ABOUT HOW WOMEN DO NOT GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER EVERY TIME YOU TEAR ME DOWN.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Sizzle I think you need to consider the fact that it may you YOU who does not get along with women, and that the other women in your old office are wondering why you are so hard to get along with.
You have an awfully big chip off your shoulder.
You keep whining about people 'tearing you down', but then do the same thing?
*shakes head* Bitterness is not healthy.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Board Regular
Default No I don't have a chip on my shoulder

Lady NorthStar: I started off by trying to help Rawhide. This thread has gotten hijacked away from the original issue. No one jumped on me for weeks. All of a sudden I have a chip on my shoulder? I have no intention of sparring with you gals.

I have never had any intention of putting someone else down. I have no idea how all this animosity started. I've had enough. Let's finish this once and for all.

My bestfriend has problems with women in her office also. Someone told her she talked too loud. Now she doesn't dare talk on the phone. It's a long day when you can't talk to people on the phone. Seems to me most of you have been truckers most of your lives. You don't have to sit and deal with them hour after hour. I DO NOT HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER.

I've asked 10 people that know me if I am hard to get along with 5 of them being women. They all said no. I do not have enough energy or time to spar with you anymore. I came over here for stress release and have gotten anything but.

It is quite common that women don’t get along in offices. Once again, there is no such thing as a “Good Ole Girls’ Network.” There is a reason for that.

I stayed many nights to finish work that other people were supposed to do. So yes, I was disturbed about that no doubt about it. I doubt many people would want to stay all night to finish other people’s work loads.

We are all doing the same job and I would like to just get along. It would be nice if we could have some comraderie. There isn't many of us and no matter what the differences in personalities and ideas I would hope that we can resolve these differences so this gets back on track. Posts don't show the real personalities only talking face to face would make things correct. I don't think we'll have that opportunity.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 AM

girl who cares. You wasted to much time on this. I sleep with who I wana sleep with. I dont even waste my time. You'll get over it. But if I find out your married I tell your wife. Just ask justin. He he he. No married men here. Im single and dont want to waste my time on a cheater.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: No I don't have a chip on my shoulder

Quote:
Seems to me most of you have been truckers most of your lives. You don't have to sit and deal with them hour after hour.
I have been a trucker for 3 years and 1 month. I worked in office settings until then, I am 31 years old.

I share some of your general feelings, I can be heard saying women can be catty, and most of my friends are men. But I do not feel so strongly about it to the point of being insulting towards other women. I am a good judge of character usually and the few female friends I have are excellent.