User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Very well put, both Shawnee & Roses...

Always above all be PROESSIONAL, never forget the IS a double standard out there. If you expect to be treated like a lady..ACT like one & DRESS like one.

Remember there is much more to trucking that just sittin' behind the wheel. You are going to get DIRTY. Shorts IMHO are not prefessional & you may find yourself asking for trouble. Something my mother taught me a long time ago... If in doubt... DON'T!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Rookie

Girl, I have been out here a long time and have had my fair share of crap from men! Here's the thing; don't ever put yourself in position to be hurt. Don't walk around truckstop parking lots at night. Don't announce over the radio that you are alone! Don't be a tease. Park where it is lit up and people are moving around. For the most part a lot of the men will come to your defense. Just don't ever CUSS on the radio or act like a whore or they will throw you under the bus and you will have to fend for yourself. It's a lot harder for a woman out here no matter what you have been told. Act accordingly and you will be treated as such for the most part. If you run into a (bleep bleep) get away from him as quickly as possible! That's why I run a triple digit truck! Good luck kiddo!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:44 PM

I am a male driver.My belief is treat people the way I want to be treated.This has worked for many years.Been happily married for22 years.Gone during the week and home weekends.I drive a flatbed so I don't see alot of women in flat. Whatever a woman wants to do I say go for it.Just watch the area you are in.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Board Regular

In addition to keeping myself out of bad situations as much as humanly possible... im getting a Rottweiler :shock: Sorry but at 5'4" and a size 12 I just dont think I could take on a guy 6 foot or better and outweighing me by a good 100 or so pounds, but when Choctaw stands up, shows his teeth and drools just a tad... well... I'm certainly feelin a heck of a lot safer already :wink:
Old 12-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Board Regular

Ok, I'm a male driver, so don't stone me yet.

I do flirt with nearly all the females out here. I live for the chase. But I do so as though my Grandmother were in the seat next to me. Very politely and I am never ever vulgar or disrespectful. It means nothing usually, I just love to flirt.

I have dated some female drivers and some of what I've heard on the radio when in the same truck stop with them makes my blood boil. I want to get out and smash someone's head when I hear some of the things I hear.

Just be very careful of your surroundings and carry yourself in a professional and proud manner. Avoid dark corners of parking lots and avoid encounters where there are few people around. There truely are some very sick male drivers out here. All in all, though, I would say that 90% of us are ok, even being the male dogs we are.

Best of luck to you and if you see me in my green Freightliner Classic, Goodyear Trucking out of Deming, NM, I'll buy you dinner and my puppy and I will keep all the creeps away!!!