User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No such think as a DUMB truck driver man! Anyone who tells you that have ZERO clue!

Actually, here in Alberta, they have FINALLY deemed us a SKILLED trade and are starting next year an apprenticeship program, 3 years, I heard it will be, where the new driver will gain a variety of experience with an employer. It's about time! There is so much more to being a PROFESSIONAL driver, than just driving the truck. I can guarantee you I have better time management skills then most CEO's of major corporations, I am probably better organized than the BEST corporate secretary, and I am more versatile than your average juggler. Tal about skills...add 'em up babe, we got millions! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Senior Board Member

MommaKay
Quote:
For a "non-skilled trade," driving a truck sure does require a whopping great lot of skills. Can the US Secretary of Labor do a 45 degree alley dock? Double clutch? Turn a corner with a 53' trailer without taking out everyone standing on the corner? Skills, baby. Skills!
wildkat
Quote:
No such think as a DUMB truck driver man! Anyone who tells you that have ZERO clue!
I agree 100% ...

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I just re-read mommakay's post... I MUST be dumb...I never learned how to double clutch...third pedal on the floor...I was taught...DON't you EVER touch that thing except to start & to back up! Though, I did learn to FAKE it pretty good when I was working for a driving school TEACHING students how to do it! ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Default Re: SHEBEAR UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
Yes, I have an American CDL, but NOT A SINGLE CANADIAN PROVINCE will recognize it. They all demand I go through an entire truck driving course from scratch, not a refresher.
Does anybody know why this is?

First I have ever heard of it, I do know, however, that our Class 1(A) licencing requirements are somewhat different from American one's.

Also, to my knowledge, at least in Alberta where I live...there is no such thing as a REFRESHER course.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
I think my post here will be deleted, because the people who run this website get bucks from the trucking companies to continue this charade.

YYYYAAAANNNNKKKKKKK!!! Wrong in so many ways. Just read thru some of the topics here and see how much company bashing goes on here. Even tho I think some of it is a bit un-fair, it is allowed even if not first hand.

After reading your post, it seems YOU are the one who has a problem making it in this industry where so many others are doing well.
here here !!!! 8) 8)

she bear how long have you been at this???? i think if you dont' want to do it then leave it......let it go!!!!
i know you like to "post" your thoughts....hey nothing wrong with that...but when other women have gone through school and such......and made it......your telling us it's everyone not you????
my bro-inlaw wanted to be a police officer..........he went........he did..........and guess what........he's now a police officer.
another person i know wanted the same..........but during training it was one excuse after another..........i miss my wife.....the instuctors are rude.........the dog ate my homework..........etc...
know what???!!! he found out he really did'nt want it.........
food for thought........ :idea: :idea: :idea: BOL to ya :wink: 8) 8)
Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
I think my post here will be deleted, because the people who run this website get bucks from the trucking companies to continue this charade.

YYYYAAAANNNNKKKKKKK!!! Wrong in so many ways. Just read thru some of the topics here and see how much company bashing goes on here. Even tho I think some of it is a bit un-fair, it is allowed even if not first hand.

After reading your post, it seems YOU are the one who has a problem making it in this industry where so many others are doing well.
here here !!!! 8) 8)

she bear how long have you been at this???? i think if you dont' want to do it then leave it......let it go!!!!
i know you like to "post" your thoughts....hey nothing wrong with that...but when other women have gone through school and such......and made it......your telling us it's everyone not you????
my bro-inlaw wanted to be a police officer..........he went........he did..........and guess what........he's now a police officer.
another person i know wanted the same..........but during training it was one excuse after another..........i miss my wife.....the instuctors are rude.........the dog ate my homework..........etc...
know what???!!! he found out he really did'nt want it.........
food for thought........ :idea: :idea: :idea: BOL to ya :wink: 8) 8)
Hear, hear Silver...me thinks some whine & complain too much....want some CHEESE with that whine? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

One must, especially in this industry be PERSISTANT!! It's a tough industry, especially for a woman.... I know, I been in it 28 years now. And, some days I'm truly not sure if I'm BRAGGING or COMPLAINING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Silver WHERE did you get your avatar? I LOVE it!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Senior Board Member

'"BTW Silver WHERE did you get your avatar? I LOVE it!"

thanks.......wildkat......my wife found it (i think she did a search for "big cats") i added the rest with photo shop.............

so you've been at this 28 yrs......that's great !!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
BOL 2 you and yours.!!!! :wink: :wink:
GTR
Old 11-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKEYE_TAI
... SO A PERSON WHO IS AN EXPERT AT HIS OR HER WORK..
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You're scaring me, and I'm fearless! Expert; Slicing and dicing words of Itailian origin, we dissect and find; EX... a hasbeen, and, Spurt... and drip under pressure. Please don't use that word in a sentence!