User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Oldest CDL program in Fl.

FYI: The oldest CDL training program in the State of Florida is not a secret. It is however under advertised but is more than worth any consideration for potential students.

Located about 3 miles off of 301 in Starke, Florida you will find Bradford-Union Career Technical Center. The CDL training was started 40 years ago and is still in operation. This training facility is public rather than private. This means that your training is State supported and under the Dept. of Education as oppose to being a 3 week CDL mill. The curriculum is 320 hours and all students get 1000 miles "behind the wheel". All training and testing is done on site with a 1 1/2 mile oval track for several weeks of backing and shifting practice.

Students wanting quality training between Jacksonville and Orlando should give it a look. The tuition is a fraction of what the 3 week schools charge.

I may add that many local trucking companies hire from this program and do not even recruit from the 3 week programs. With Bradfords completion certificate you will be driving with the better companies.

Last edited by wheelspinner; 04-16-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Add comment
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Rookie

I'm late in replying, but I appreciate you offering this information. I am considering a driving career, also will be moving to Jacksonville within the next 4 months. This looks like it might be a graet match for me. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Default CDL Training in Jacksonville, Fl

Here y'a go, in Jacksonvillle at Cecil Center: Florida State College - The Cecil Center
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Rookie

Wishing for a good driving career. thanks for these words.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I think most counties have these types of programs. I went to Mcfatter Technical School (they have now moved to Sheridan Technical School) and it is an intense program. I great friends with my instructor who also owned a trucking company. I hire right out of this school also. With the move they have a much larger facility and they even have now brand new equipment. And like the aforementioned they are a public school. You still have to pay a tuition but I think Workforce Once pays for it if you qualify.

I send them out with trainers and they are amazed at how they drive after just coming out of school. Again I went there myself and got a local job instantly and was backing into tight places in Downtown West Palm Beach.