User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Use of GI Bill for Driving School??????

I have spent tha past few days reading in this forum but can't find anything about the GI Bill use. I have saw the On the Job Training benefit you get if you sign on with certain companies But never saw a thing about any schools that take the GI Bill as payment .
If anyone has any ideas or knows af any schools please let me know.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey,

If you have a school you are interested in, contact them and they can fill you in on all the different ways the course can be funded.

Good Luck

Creek
Old 12-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Rookie

I'm using the GI Bill, so I've got a little bit of information, but I've only done the bare minimum of research, so keep that in mind.

The first thing to know is that the GI Bill isn't going to pay for all of your schooling. The amount they give you is based on the amount of time you spend at the school. Most trucking schools are 4 weeks, so you'll only get whatever GI Bill pays for 1 month. I believe it's somewhere around $1,000. Yep, less than the $1,200 you paid into it. Ain't that a kick in the teeth?

Be sure to contact the person in charge of funding at the school you're interested in, and tell them you want to use the GI Bill. I don't think all schools are automatically eligible to use it. Ask them what their Facility Code is.

http://www.gibill.va.gov/
Go to the GI Bill website, download and fill out a Form 22-1990 once you've decided on a school. Send it to the VA, and they'll have the school send them another form. You'll get your money only after you graduate, but you should start your paperwork before then.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Rookie

There are a few companies that have apprenticeship programs set up, which lets you collect GI Bill payments when you start driving. I think Werner has one, or at least advertises one. Check their sites and with the recruiters, because even if they may mention one on their website, they may have suspended it for a time.