User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default tomtom300 GPS

I purchased the TOMTOM 300 when it cost 599.00 back in jan2006
I used it for 8 months going from SC to the west coast and back.
I would not go anywhere without a tomtom gps.
you do have to add your own intelligence to what it tells you sometimes.
like others have said,it doesn't know your a truck.
I find that knowing at all times how far yo are from your destination in miles and in actual time is a big help when you get a call from a broker or a customer who wants to know your arrival time. one bonus of a gps is that it shows you things that you would never know about such as a large pond or a lake off the road in the woods. you can also use it for marking locations on a lake where there are good fishing holes.once you get to a cooler or customer you can save it as a gps location,label it and save it in a directory under coolers"if your a reefer operator like me" or a customer.
next time you save time in knowing that your trusty gps knows exactly where its going and will give you accurate distance and time info.
another thing it will do is tell you how fast your going and if your speedo is off
or not and can also tell you exactly how far you have traveled from the last point you left from.just in case you forgot to write down your odometer miles. we never do that now do we :twisted:
Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Rookie

My team partner and I used to run with the Cobra 2500, then when it started routing us down ways a truck cannot go, we started looking for other options. I don't use the laptop like other drivers, preferring just the small 5" on my dash, and I drive for Schneider who....I dunno who does their directions but they suck in every way, shape, and form.

Then we met another team who had a GPS, and we started talking. The Garmin C330 for 250 bucks, we bought one and have never regretted it. Fast, accurate, and with lots of goodies in it to make it worth the price.

But the key selling point to this GPS system, the thing that makes it work better than any other GPS for us --

Truck setting. You can modify your vehicle for specialized routing, and one option is a truck. It doesn't have low clearances in the system, but it has most if not all of the restricted routes. To this day we still check ahead to make sure it's on the right path and so we don't get caught in any danger...but it never fails. Just keeps us on the road, going where we need to go.

I highly recommend the Garmin C330. Wal-Mart for 250 bucks. Can't beat it!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I highly recommend the Garmin C330. Wal-Mart for 250 bucks. Can't beat it!

I've used garmin nuvi 350 -- has worked great in Richmond, DC, Baltimore & Va. Beach area. Strong antenna, even keeps signal while in tunnel.