User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation 2006 freightliner columbia tranny problems

I have a 06 ultra shift columbia, it has been into freightliner so many times I could have replaced the tranny, it sticks in gears, or gear up or down on its own, I have had sensors changed, a new wiring harness, wheel sensor replaced, only thing frieghtliner can say is nothing is showing up on the computer.... when this happens the cruise goes out. it is a Eaton tranny, a couple of yrs ago something simular happened and I replaced my xy shifter and it cleared up and I have since had a new clutch put in but I will be rollin a long and my gears will start goin down for a couple of seconds then come back up. depending on what gear I am in depends on wether I have to pull over shut it off and back on again. I thought about replacing the xy shifter again, but so far the cheepest I can find is 900.00, it has the MBE engine but up till now (knocking on wood) I have had no engine troubles, does anyone have any ideals. or knows of a place that is resonable on their parts.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Rookie

Private message me with the part numbers of the shifter and the transmission as well as the VIN and year on the truck and I might be able to get you a better price.

----------------------
My Online Store - semi truck accessories