View Poll Results: Which type of oil do you use in your engine?
Synthetic 20 47.62%
Petroleum 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am an avid user of AMSOIL thus I was conviced to become a dealer of it. With the by-pass oil filter kit, available for all engines not just big rig motors the small diesels love the stuff too. As far as your four wheeler we have an oil that goes 25,000 with one filter change at 12,500 no need for the oil analasys on the gassers. I am aware of many OTR trucks that have put 500,000 miles on the oil, This is only possible by routine as in every20,000 or so. Routine filter changes and at the time of this you send in the oil sample at 15 or so dollars they list all the contaminates and the oil wear package levels and a recommendation as to wether or not to run it further. If your motor is tight and right when you start on it you will see a very long service life. The expense of the filter kit and filters may seem hi at first but with the extended run time increased production by not stopping for oil changes as often and the fact that you will see a reduction in engine wear it is the only way to go. Your warranty will be unaffected by law and amsoil has a warranty that states if you have an oil related problem while following filter maint and analasys recommendations they will fix it! Mobil one is a mineral base stock oil even though it says synthetic. It is not extended run so do not try this with any other brand. For any questions I can be reached at 1-386-547-1191 I have free incoming calls on my cell phone so as long as it is business related feel free to call from 7 am to 10 pm eastern time. Once you are my customer I will be glad to here from you 24-7-365. I also install any or all of this for or with you, In daytona and surronding areas
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, Teach him to fish and you feed him for life! Wheels that don't turn..... Don't earn!!!! Eighteen wheels going round and round, six big pistons going up and down, 3 are pushing 3 are sucking ..... deport the traitors and keep on truckin'
Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 AM
Rookie

Hey Mack that guy ain't nuts that is the beauty. I have a customer who does it the way you do and I try to convince him and he insists on spending the money,I feel guilty taking his money.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, Teach him to fish and you feed him for life! Wheels that don't turn..... Don't earn!!!! Eighteen wheels going round and round, six big pistons going up and down, 3 are pushing 3 are sucking ..... deport the traitors and keep on truckin'
Old 06-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Rookie

amsoil has a washable reusable air filter line that is always growing they trap particles down to one micron. If they don't have one for you they will custom make it and probably put into production if there is a demand for it. The by-pass oil filter traps down to less than one micron and even removes water and fuel from the oil. It does this because it is ester resin base stock and water and fuel are only contaminates not dissolved into the oil. With the gear lubes and oils, fuel additives we have you can see 8-10% increase in mpg. some have had even better results. as it is less volatile you will have much less oil burn off meaning the oil needs less topping off and does not lose its protective qualities.If you don't get it from me please..... get it from someone as it is not snake oil they have been around since 1974!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Rookie

Larry, If you flood and it rinses it off the oil will be a film as soon as the motor runs. Amsoil claims that the film is still detectable up to a year. too much flooding and you will be breaking down any oil but see above reply about by-pass kits, they are great on gassers too but, I only reccommend this on gas engines you plan on owning a long time. most folks are trading in cars and light so often nowadays that I do not feel they will reap the benefits before trade in time.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Default petroleum or synthetic...

Brent, if you're into selling this synthetic, you would know about "dry" engines... ? I've read where there are traceable deposits after one year, as it "fuses" so to speak into the metal itself, kind of like a teflon pan.

It's when people brought their cars into a shop that I managed for Precision Tune awhile back that I encountered minute metal particles in the oil and further questioning of customers indicated occasional flooding, thus no protection to metal moving parts for a few seconds.

Change an oil pump and don't pack it with petroelum jelly and about the time you get the engine fired up, you have spun a bearing. Dry pumps can get like that, those tempermental little suckers/pumpers! Or, it's about the time a bearing takes to break down a little and onlly a few repeats causes sloppy seating, thus more wear and tear, causing a never ending cycle.

Brent, please check into this with your "manufacturers" as you should have as a rep their technical bulletins... and please let me know how true this is.

Again, customers don't always tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth for fear of looking like idiots... ops:

Some customers didn't realize they had been flooding their engines, they just thought it was using too much gas for only god knows how long>>>

Larry Cuskey email: [email protected] :rock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Larry, If you flood and it rinses it off the oil will be a film as soon as the motor runs. Amsoil claims that the film is still detectable up to a year. too much flooding and you will be breaking down any oil but see above reply about by-pass kits, they are great on gassers too but, I only reccommend this on gas engines you plan on owning a long time. most folks are trading in cars and light so often nowadays that I do not feel they will reap the benefits before trade in time.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedad
carhaulinjunkie, I usually run 30,000 miles between oil changes and 10,000 between filter changes. These standards are the most I'll do. My supplier says if I had to, it wouldn't hurt anything to go longer if need be, because this oil does not breakdown like a petroleum based will.

Do not put this oil in an older motor, because the cleaning properties will cause quite a few leaks from where your'e old oil has deposits, typically around valve covers, oil pan gaskets to name a few.
I tried it in an old ford of mine years ago and turned my driveway into a mess.
Synthetics are a bad idea with high miles engines, because the synthetic oil gets by the seals because it is so slick. This is why synthetics leak in older engines.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Board Regular

btw, guest was me, I forgot to login. :?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Rookie

I don't buy the oil for my company but i know in my halfton, synthetic is 4 or 5 dollars more a liter. A big truck will take what 40L? That adds up fast. Especially when you put 4800 miles a week, and change oil every 3 weeks. Thats 17 changes a year, even at only 4 bucks a liter more thats $2,720 a year in extra cost. I mean sure you'll get better cold weather starts and a little less wear, but if you get 600,000 miles on a motor in 3 years, that $8,100 will sure help with your overhaul. Multiply that by how many trucks? My guess is that more often than not your motor job might come from driver inattention or abuse or a failure unlinked to your bottom end. In that situation your just blowing your money out the window, for bugger all.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:09 PM

My 1998 VW Jetta has a standard oil change interval of 10,000 miles. But with AMSOIL synthetic diesel motor oil, I can (& do) go safely 20,000 miles between oil changes, with a filter change every 10,000 miles.

I verified thru oil analysis that 20,000 mile change intervals are just fine. 8)
Old 03-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Rookie

Oh, well..... just my two cents worth: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1343.pdf

also: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g392.pdf

also: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1967.pdf

These links are not off my site, so I don't make a penny off of them! I have seen the 24 minute DVD of this engine teardown [top link] at 631,000 miles. The truck [Mack E7-400] was purchased at 200K and had Amsoil 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil installed in the engine after a 20 minute standing flush. The same oil stayed in this engine the whole 431K, with the exception of quarts added at filter change intervals on the Dual Remotes. An Engine 'Rater' from Lubrizol was hired to analyze the wear during the filming. Conclusion, minimal wear! This engine is now still parted out and mounted in a plexiglass case for display at various Truck shows. It will be at the M.A.T.S. show. Personally, I wouldn't have believed it but the evidence is pretty convincing! Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Conviction is based on the evidence of things seen - of what you have hoped for! I use it in my Allegro 31' motorhome, my Nissan truck, my BMW Cooper MINI and my 50 HP 4-Stroke Suzuki outboard motor. I also use all the 5 mm oil filters. My Direct Jobber has over 100 K on the same oil in his late model Tahoe. tlk