:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one. End of thread.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Hand adjusting spotlight a must for any truck!

quote="cdltpx"]I now work for logex we have these lights and I use them all the time. The light is right there when you need it just a turn of the wrist and you have another tool for improved sight and communication.
Train yourself to use them because they are faster than any horn if you have a four wheeler try to pull in front of you hit them with light fast and first they will stop if they want to live.
One night I used it to stop a large doe in her tracks she was heading right in front of the truck.
If there is a brake check I point the light skyward and wave it left and right to tell other motorists we have a hazardous situation here I do this first then broadcast a channel 19 brake check remember light is the fastest medium faster than electricity,sound ,radio waves you name it.

yes, light is fast......... but getting that light focused in on a moving target is NOT gonna happen too quickly IMO...

... i can flash my high beams or pull air (or push electric) horn much quicker

Hauling hazmat we stop at RR Xing I spot the RRX sign and then shine it skyward this is visible for a mile or more communicating effectively.

you must be speaking the same language to "communicate"

... do you think that person driving by in their car understands why you are "spot-lighting" them??? some individuals might take it as a rude, antagonising gesture, or that you just got a new toy.... and are playing. some individuals have road rage... hmmmmm

At truck stops you use it to show your path you wish to take avoiding collisions with trucks flying through, they will see this and slow it down well in advance of a close call.[/quote]

COMIN' THROUGH....... CLEAR THE WAY!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Default Lets break it down, this should help.

Smith system says.
Driving is a complex task that requires drivers to deal with constantly changing variables skillfully and consistently. Remaining collision free, year after year, has much more to do with skill than luck.

A skill is an ability, usually learned and acquired through training, to perform actions which achieve a desired outcome.
Luck can be defined as a chance happening, or as that which happens beyond a person's control

Bullets hit their target long before the victum can hear the sound. Lightening :idea: is seen long before you hear the thunder........ :!:
:idea: .................................................. .. :!:
Speed of light
:idea: In metric units, c is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second

Speed of sound :!:
At sea level, at a temperature of 21 °C (70 °F) and under normal atmospheric conditions, the speed of sound is 344 m/s (770 mph or 1238 km/h).

Light is 871,489.7035 Times faster than sound. The sound is on or off you can direct the light. I have reached for the air horn in the past and with adrenelin flowing ripped the cable off of the air valve.

In this case I was traveling 35 mph as the car approached the intersection. The car not intending to stop at the stop sign expecting no traffic due to the late hour and the remoteness of the area. Can you blame him he has made same turn at same time every day never encountered opposition so he wishes to proceed through the intersection as usual and make a right hand turn instinctively he looks right first about this time I hit him with the spot light it is at this time he realises the light shadow and applies the brake before he can make it through the intersection and before he looks to his left where I am approaching the intersection. When you see such a light generated from that heigth or shadow from that light the first thing you think it is a cop so the initial response is one of submission/identification rather than one of a challenge/pull out.

Evedently he cared and valued his life he applied brakes and stopped just shy of a collision. After cleaning out his draws if he wants to prodceed with road rage it is his option. He apparantly realized he cheated death or was taunting death and hopefully will in the future take more percautions.

Traffic crashes come at an enormous cost to society, Mineta noted. NHTSA estimates show that highway crashes cost society $230.6 billion a year, about $820 per person.
:mrgreen: Many of the safety problems may date back to as early as 1955 with the birth of the interstate system and the integration into the system of previously constructedhighways that were designed for maximum speed limits of 60 mph, the NTSB said.

This quote :mrgreen: proves the interstates need more warning something faster read the article it said the motor coach driver needed time. I use light the fastest medium known to man.

http://www.ntsb.gov/events/journalis...over_60mph.txt
I want to help by sharing what I have learned so you might journey in comfort and security safely. I need help with taxes What can you deduct? All help will greatly appreciated I don't give smart ass replies to those that are acting kindly as so many do. Taxes is an incredible wealth wound learn how to get all that is yours.