Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

mbadriver 02-09-2008 04:41 PM

Thanks for the info. Now the big question, if you transfer terminals how do you ever get home :? :? :?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide
MBA, you've got mail :wink:

Skywalker 02-09-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60
Please show me where I claimed to make 3.00+ a mile? From Oct to Dec. I drove 19,000 miles and grossed 33,889.00.

Sorry, I got you mixed up with the other fellow who said he did get something like $3.08. My bad.

Quote:

This is for all miles ran including deadhead. My truck is a 2000 classic and not much worth more than 30k and my highest out-of-pocket expense is my insurance since I have my own authority. These numbers will change in the upcoming months. Hopefully in an upward direction. :lol: BTW,those fixed variable expenses can change if something drastic happens,such as losing a motor or transmission. It is not impossible to make it on 1.18 a mile if you are busy enough and hardly have any problems with the truck,but to me it isn;t worth the risk. A company driver can earn 1552.00 a week and not have the headaches and hassles of owning a truck. If either the motor or transmission go out within a 60-day period you could be looking at 20k or more plus weeks of downtime to replace it. With an old truck priced at 15k this makes it even riskier.
While your points have certain merits, the saw cuts both ways. And yes, it can be problematic to have an older truck.... But by the same token some new trucks have significant problems. We (Superior) own a few of them. There are a couple of them that are having significant engine problems related to the EGR valves, etc.... These are "company" trucks. A couple of them would have literally bankrupted an O/O because they have been in the shop so much....and I do mean A LOT!

We all take risks, based on the information we have on hand and what we can gather... I know this was the case when I launched my first business years ago. It was something as far from trucking as you could get, except that trucks very often delivered freight to my warehouse. I launched that business with $5K in savings....and had to make decisions daily...and take financial risks....which for any business owner cannot be approached vicariously....and its certainly not for the "faint of heart". Never misunderstand me.... I have a lot of respect for O/O's....especially in these times. I prefer to drive a company truck...after owning 3 businesses simultaneously.....speaking of "nightmares".... :shock:

I guess the bottom line is, we all do what we are most comfortable with. 8)

Skywalker 02-09-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But, with the absence of freight you will probably get 300-miles down the road and have another mini-vacation.

In the last couple weeks the bottom has fallen out.

If your neigbor loses his job it's a recession. If you lose your job it's a depression

Actually, since I came back to work on Jan 7th, I've been doing fine. My total monthly income for the month of January is right in line with my monthly average for last year....and I had a total of 11 days off in January.

Yes, in some ways its slow right now....but also, it depends on where you are in the system. There is more freight originating from point A than point B, and C is doing ok. Overall, I have no complaints or issues about anything.

mbadriver 02-09-2008 10:58 PM

I'm done whining. I'll see what next week brings. I was giving Superior through April regardless of the ups and downs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But, with the absence of freight you will probably get 300-miles down the road and have another mini-vacation.

In the last couple weeks the bottom has fallen out.

If your neigbor loses his job it's a recession. If you lose your job it's a depression

Actually, since I came back to work on Jan 7th, I've been doing fine. My total monthly income for the month of January is right in line with my monthly average for last year....and I had a total of 11 days off in January.

Yes, in some ways its slow right now....but also, it depends on where you are in the system. There is more freight originating from point A than point B, and C is doing ok. Overall, I have no complaints or issues about anything.

Skywalker 02-09-2008 11:04 PM

mba....Check your PM's 8)

mbadriver 02-10-2008 04:37 PM

Hi, thanks for the offer. I am going to just keep the nose to the grindstone through April and then take a look at the big picture. Crap I already have personal days accumulated, and I think we also get paid for Good Friday. I gotta learn to enjoy the downtime :lol: instead of fretting about it on CAD :oops:

You and cyanide seem like great guys. Maybe meet you one day. Only problem is when I hit a terminal I get what I need to get and hit the road. The only terminal I ever spend more than a few minutes at is Bridgeport - and that is only to hunt down some hoses :wink: Speaking of hoses, boy they seem to be in short supply :sad: I am always raiding trailers because the racks are empty :lol:

Thanks for the morale boost :)

Excuse the abundance of emoticons! http://emoticons4u.com/trans/fahr38.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
mba....Check your PM's 8)

GTR SILVER 02-11-2008 06:05 AM

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? ..............

GTR SILVER 02-11-2008 06:06 AM

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? ..............

kimoyo 02-12-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich2189
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Quote:

What kind of harley do you ride?

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Did u clear all your checks yet? I noticed u mention starting in two weeks?
I have a start date of feb 4 I can't wait to get going again.

Din't get a start date but Frank told me to call him in two weeks ,he said they don't have a trainer available .He said the back round chks. are fine
Where are you starting in rahway . What did they tell you as fars as getting home time when your on the road ?

Hey Rich,

Did you get called in yet?

rich2189 02-12-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimoyo
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Din't get a start date but Frank told me to call him in two weeks ,he said they don't have a trainer available .He said the back round chks. are fine
Where are you starting in rahway . What did they tell you as fars as getting home time when your on the road ?

Hey Rich,

No spoke with frank at rahway last week he said its to slow to take anyone on right now ,to give him a call first week in march its getting crazy so will see what goes on .Whats up with you ,are you working with
with them yet or training

Cyanide 02-13-2008 05:08 PM

I wrote:
Quote:

Week 1
-From time off at home to Valparaiso, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Valpo, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-Bristol, VA to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Valpo, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-----Huntsville, AL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $2,427.88
Hub Miles: 2,313
Avg.: $1.049/mile

Week 2
-Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Plymouth, IN (driver unload)
-Plymouth, IN to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, wash truck pump, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Minneapolis, MN (driver unload)
-----Minneapolis, MN to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, wash truck pump)
-Westville, IN to Valparaiso, IN (hook clean tank)
-Valpo, IN to Channahon, IL (live load)
-Channahon, IL to Valpo, IN (drop loaded tank)
-----Valpo, IN to Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-----Bristol, VA to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $3,450.27
Hub Miles: 2,417
Avg.: $1.427/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to January 13th, 2008:
Gross: $5,878.15
Hub Miles: 4,752 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 2,255 (47%)
Empty Miles: 2,497 (53%)
Avg.: $1.236/mile
Days Working: 9 (69%)
Days Off: 4 (31%)
Just another quick update for the last three weeks...

Week 3
-Valparaiso, IN to Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-Huntsville, AL to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Huntsville, AL to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-Valpo, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-Huntsville, AL to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $3,971.07
Hub Miles: 3,497
Avg.: $1.135/mile

Week 4
-Valpo, IN to Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Huntsville, AL to Jacksonville, FL (drop dirty tank, time off)
Hub Miles: 3,400
Avg.: $1.167/mile

Week 5
-N/A

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 3rd, 2008:
Gross: $13,820.29
Hub Miles: 11,649 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 5,668 (49%)
Empty Miles: 5,981 (51%)
Avg.: $1.186/mile
Days Working: 19 (56%)
Days Off: 15 (44%)

Y'all be safe and have fun! :wink:

kimoyo 02-13-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimoyo
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Hey Rich,

No spoke with frank at rahway last week he said its to slow to take anyone on right now ,to give him a call first week in march its getting crazy so will see what goes on .Whats up with you ,are you working with
with them yet or training

No, I never filled out the application. I had a feeling things were getting tough and I'm still waiting from my hazmat. It should be here by next week and then I can hit the job market hard. There are a lot of companies that want hazmat before they look at you. But I did get my cdl and all the other endorsements except for school bus at the end of last month.

Cyanide 02-14-2008 03:50 PM

Wow! :D

Just spoke with Skywalker and I's friend who hired on about a month after I did here. I better put this down before I tell y'all... "Y'all ain't gonna believe this schitt!"

In a nutshell he sat all week from last Monday morning until this Monday afternoon in a company-paid hotel, while his truck was in the shop being fixed for a problem that baffled even the Cummins people. Very long story short, it simply needed a new turbo!

Slacker grossed $909 for roughly 300 miles worth of running (a bit over $700 from layover alone), for sitting on his azz, watching t.v., eating out, and taking sparkling bubble baths in his elegant tub playing with his rubber ducky :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:

Baby Bullseye wanted me to pass along to everyone that she is doing fine and, that the latest word from Bridgeview, IL (Carry HQ) is that they have more work than drivers (hint, hint)! Also, here soon I should be posting her basic numbers in addition to my own. This way those of you reading who may be interested in that side of the company can see how an average Bridgeview terminal Carry Transit driver does.

:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:.....:idea:

Finally, I just got "official word" from a very reliable and trusted source about this whole new company truck rumor. The story is that Superior will be buying -23- Volvo 630's, equipped with Volvo 425 hp engines, 10-speed Eaton Fuller transmissions, 61" sleepers, and full aluminum wheels for basics. Now, with only a limited number to go around, you can rest assured that the most productive drivers throughout the entire O.T.R. fleet will be assigned these. If this experiment works out as the company would like, I believe that the days of the International 9200 in our fleet will be numbered.

Y'all be safe and have fun, more later! :wink:

00rr 02-14-2008 08:05 PM

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the forum, and was wondering if anyone had info on the Superior terminal in Baltimore, mostly if they are hiring new drivers at the moment and how hard it would be to get some of those Florida runs :D

GTR SILVER 02-15-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00rr
Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the forum, and was wondering if anyone had info on the Superior terminal in Baltimore, mostly if they are hiring new drivers at the moment and how hard it would be to get some of those Florida runs :D

ask Cyanide.................he's da mon.........lol........ 8) 8) 8) 8)

Cyanide 02-15-2008 05:24 AM

Mudpuddle, isn't Baltimore your neck of the woods? :lol:

As to getting runs into FL, the ones I've done originated from either GA, IL, KY, NC, PA, and/or TX. However, if you don't live down South, do not expect to get a steady diet of them unless you choose to stay out longer than average and run the system and, are in the right place at the right time. You'll get down there eventually :wink:

00rr 02-15-2008 02:30 PM

Thanks for the info! Im probably just going to give the terminal a call and see where I get from there. The whole reason for asking is, there is a good chance I am going be relocating somewhere in the Orlando/Tampa area around summer time. So its kinda comforting know that Superior has both my current and hopefully future location covered.

Skywalker 02-16-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info! Im probably just going to give the terminal a call and see where I get from there. The whole reason for asking is, there is a good chance I am going be relocating somewhere in the Orlando/Tampa area around summer time. So its kinda comforting know that Superior has both my current and hopefully future location covered.

Unfortunately....the likelihood of living in FL....except close to Jacksonville, is not going to work. Presently there is a "moratorium" in place on drivers living in FL. The Lakeland SPCR terminal is all local drivers....and other than that...the closest terminal is Garden City, Ga (Savannah). I do believe you would run into problems getting hired from the Orlando or even Tampa area. The trucks do not go home.... they are parked at terminals. I am probably the last driver they hired in FL...and was grandfathered on the moratorium.

00rr 02-19-2008 01:47 AM

thanks for the info skywalker. any idea when the hiring freeze will be over???

mudpuddle 02-20-2008 08:27 PM

We just hired five drivers in Baltimore recently. I think we are currently out of trucks. We are pretty slow right now but its the time of year mostly. We have been deadheading out to get loads so its really not hurting earnings that much. Give Kevin (terminal manager) a call and ask if he's interested in hiring more people. It would help if you already have driving experience, I think they are backing off on training new drivers until it gets busier.

Skywalker 02-22-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

thanks for the info skywalker. any idea when the hiring freeze will be over???

Truthfully....as far as I can tell, at this point its indefinite.

Cyanide 02-25-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Week 3
-Valparaiso, IN to Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
Hub Miles: 3,497
Avg.: $1.135/mile

Week 4
-Huntsville, AL to Jacksonville, FL (drop dirty tank, time off)
Hub Miles: 3,400
Avg.: $1.167/mile

Week 5
-N/A

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 3rd, 2008:
Gross: $13,820.29
Hub Miles: 11,649 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 5,668 (49%)
Empty Miles: 5,981 (51%)
Avg.: $1.186/mile
Days Working: 19 (56%)
Days Off: 15 (44%)
Just a quick update...

Wanted to say hi to everyone again. Hope this finds y'all doing well and keeping out of trouble. I'm sitting around taking another day off before heading back down to "Bama, and then to FL for another few days off. More later :D

Week 6
-Jacksonville, FL (hook clean tank), then to Savannah, GA (live load)
-Savannah, GA to Kingsport, TN (driver unload with customer air, drop dirty tank)
Gross: $1,048.42
Hub Miles: 562
Avg.: $1.865/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 10th, 2008:
Gross: $14,868.71
Hub Miles: 12,211 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 6,067 (49.7%)
Empty Miles: 6,144 (50.3%)
Avg.: $1.217/mile
Days Working: 22 (54%)
Days Off: 19 (46%)

Year-to-date costs up to Feb. 10th, 2008
$14,868.71: Gross
$8,763.92: Total expenses ($3,009.30 Fixed and Variable Costs, $5,754.62 Fuel for 1,843 gallons..... 6.62 m.p.g. and $3.122/gallon)
$6,104.79: Taxable Net

:wink:

mdf1576 02-28-2008 12:28 AM

hey cyanide or skywalker, what you guys know about Boasso? thanks MIke

Cyanide 02-28-2008 04:03 AM

Mike....

My uncle just started with them a few weeks back and is loving it. After a big hesitation towards pulling tanks, he finally decided after years in the industry to give it a shot, and truthfully is wishing he had done it sooner. He generally is home every night and on the weekends, though sometimes he must leave early in the morning in order to drive to his pickup/destination location. They are paid percentage, give up two hours on "normal" OTR loads before drawing detention pay, whereas loads to/from the port (Blount Isle) only give up an hour. They have paid holidays, and the usual gamut of Health/Dental Insurance, etc. I will be seeing him this weekend and will get as much info for them as possible for you and anyone else interested. Psst...I do believe they have openings as well right now :wink:

mike3fan 02-28-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Mike....

My uncle just started with them a few weeks back and is loving it. After a big hesitation towards pulling tanks, he finally decided after years in the industry to give it a shot, and truthfully is wishing he had done it sooner. He generally is home every night and on the weekends, though sometimes he must leave early in the morning in order to drive to his pickup/destination location. They are paid percentage, give up two hours on "normal" OTR loads before drawing detention pay, whereas loads to/from the port (Blount Isle) only give up an hour. They have paid holidays, and the usual gamut of Health/Dental Insurance, etc. I will be seeing him this weekend and will get as much info for them as possible for you and anyone else interested. Psst...I do believe they have openings as well right now :wink:

From the limited exposure I had with some of their drivers at the ports they seemed to be ok if not on the lower scale side of things.They have plenty of dedicated routes around Michigan though.

mdf1576 02-28-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Mike....

Ok, thanks.
starting to look around now that my year at CTL is almost up. Ill tell Jim you said hi. JK
Mike

Cyanide 03-04-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Week 6
-Jacksonville, FL (hook clean tank), then to Savannah, GA (live load)
-Savannah, GA to Kingsport, TN (driver unload with customer air, drop dirty tank)
Gross: $1,048.42
Hub Miles: 562
Avg.: $1.865/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 10th, 2008:
Gross: $14,868.71
Hub Miles: 12,211 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 6,067 (49.7%)
Empty Miles: 6,144 (50.3%)
Avg.: $1.217/mile

Year-to-date costs up to Feb. 10th, 2008
$14,868.71: Gross
$8,763.92: Total expenses ($3,009.30 Fixed and Variable Costs, $5,754.62 Fuel for 1,843 gallons..... 6.62 m.p.g. and $3.122/gallon)
$6,104.79: Taxable Net
Oooops..... just found out my truck's rear end gearing is actually a 4.11 vice the 3.90 I thought it was! :o So I figure the fuel economy I'm getting isn't too shabby at all. :)

Week 7
-Kingsport, TN (hook preloaded tank)
-Kingsport, TN to Indianapolis, IN (customer unload)
-Indianapolis, IN to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Bristol, VA to Kingsport, TN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
Huntsville, AL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $4,495.44
Hub Miles: 2,900
Avg. $1.55/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 17th, 2008:
Gross: $19,364.15
Hub Miles: 15,111 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 8,064 (53%)
Empty Miles: 7,047 (47%)
Avg.: $1.281/mile
Days Working: 27 (58%)
Days Off: 21 (42%)

Y'all be safe and have fun! More later...

worldisnotenough 03-04-2008 06:53 PM

Man, I really hope I get this tanker job!

Skywalker 03-12-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldisnotenough

Go with the flow, be patient, and don't sweat the small stuff!" 8) Follow up on our last conversation.....okay?

And remember to call me..... BTW...I'm headed back to Canada with this "dedicated tank"....so I will be out of phone touch Thursday morning some time..

Cyanide 03-14-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Week 7
-Kingsport, TN (hook preloaded tank)
-----Bristol, VA to Kingsport, TN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-----Huntsville, AL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $4,495.44
Hub Miles: 2,900
Avg. $1.55/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 17th, 2008:
Gross: $19,364.15
Hub Miles: 15,111 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 8,064 (53%)
Empty Miles: 7,047 (47%)
Avg.: $1.281/mile
Days Working: 27 (58%)
Days Off: 21 (42%)
Week 8
-Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Huntsville, AL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
-----Westville, IN to Valparaiso, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-----Huntsville, AL to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $3,946.40
Hub Miles: 3,492
Avg. $1.13/mile

Week 9
-Huntsville, AL to Jacksonville, FL (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $1,192.32
Hub Miles: 1,146
Avg.: $1.04/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Feb. 24th, 2008:
Gross: $24,502.87
Hub Miles: 19,749 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 10,346 (52%)
Empty Miles: 9,403 (48%)
Avg.: $1.24/mile
Days Working: 35 (56%)
Days Off: 27 (44%)

Year-to-date costs up to Feb. 24th, 2008
Gross: $24,502.87
Total expenses: $14,356.38 ($4,792.55 Fixed and Variable Costs, $9,563.83 Fuel for 3,036.10 gallons.....6.5 m.p.g. and $3.15/gallon)
Taxable Net: $10,146.49 (Avg. .513/hub mile)
Days Working: 35 (54%)
Days Off: 27 (46%)

I hope this finds everyone doing well today. Just had a moment and wanted to make a quick post on the last couple of weeks. Had to deal with a speed bump the past week, but by no means a catastrophe... Okay, okay so I had to run three system loads coming out of the house before I got back onto my dedicated stuff yesterday! :lol: Anyway, just out here for another couple of weeks before I head back to Florida for time off at Spring Break with my son. So, I'm still slacking according to most and having fun along the way doing it. Y'all be safe and have fun! More later...

Evinrude 03-15-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

just undercut them, then you get the job..

worldisnotenough 03-18-2008 05:05 PM

:?: :?: :?: :?: I don't even know what that means, but hey I got the job anyway! Yeah, Yeah. I get to, uh, do tanker stuff! Yeah for me!

harleypiper 03-18-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

:?: :?: :?: :?: I don't even know what that means, but hey I got the job anyway! Yeah, Yeah. I get to, uh, do tanker stuff! Yeah for me!

Congrats world- I have been hearing alot of slow down but let me tell ya, I haven't even had time to get back on this site. I'm heading out again tomorrow for WI. I have been averaging 2800-3200/wk. The best part is if I want to stay local for a week or two there is no problem with it and they always seem to head me home for the weekend if I want and I've only been on since Nov. and on my own since Jan.. so I don't think you'll regret it.

worldisnotenough 03-19-2008 01:14 AM

I am pretty Jazzed about it. I use to stay out 3 mos a shot, so three weeks will be a nice change. I can start being a father again.

Orangetxguy 03-19-2008 10:43 PM

For what it's worth...Boasso was bought out by Quality Carriers 2 month's ago. Don't know what that means for the Boasso drivers.

http://www.qualitydistribution.com/a...s/default.aspx

http://www.boassoamerica.com/

I think they bought Boasso out to compete with Dana/Suttles and Superior in the ISO business and terminaling business.

wsyrob 03-20-2008 01:39 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting Skywalker and BHG0069 this afternoon in Atlanta. He sort of looks like his avatar for those who wondered. Thanks for the words of wisdom and stay safe out there.

BHG0069 03-20-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob
I had the pleasure of meeting Skywalker and BHG0069 this afternoon in Atlanta. He sort of looks like his avatar for those who wondered. Thanks for the words of wisdom and stay safe out there.

Yea it was a pleasure. I just wish I had a little more time to go get some food with you guys.

I'm here getting loaded as I type this, been here since 8:30pm. This stuff is pretty thick I guess.

I still owe you some lunch Skywalker :-)

worldisnotenough 03-20-2008 02:39 AM

He is a great guy and good mentor. I am very fortunate to become his frend at the beginning of my driving career.

Cyanide 03-20-2008 04:06 PM

Stan wrote:
Quote:

For what it's worth...Boasso was bought out by Quality Carriers 2 month's ago. Don't know what that means for the Boasso drivers.
True. My uncle did mention that as well. Says that the only change so far they've heard about is that the family health plan will drop by $40/week compared to the old Boasso plan. From what he's told me, here's the very basics of what I can remember about their pay package. I'll get the full scale from him asap...

Base Pay:
23%

Detention Pay:
$15.50/hour after 1 hour for Port pickups/deliveries.
$15.50/hour after 2 hours for normal customer pickup/deliveries.

Skywalker 03-23-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob

Yea it was a pleasure. I just wish I had a little more time to go get some food with you guys.

I'm here getting loaded as I type this, been here since 8:30pm. This stuff is pretty thick I guess.

I still owe you some lunch Skywalker :-)

To both of you....Thanks for the kind words!! It was a pleasure meeting and spending a little time with both of you!! :D

BHG....I look forward to you "buying me lunch"!! Just sorry I was not feeling too well...or I would have led you out the door to a restaurant!!