Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

BHG0069 05-06-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 480388)
Congrats. I was at the Atlanta terminal yesterday for about 30 minutes. Just long enough to drop a tank and bobtail over to Stepan to grab a spotted one.

Nice. Give me a shout next time you're in the ATL.

1catfish 07-14-2010 02:41 AM

movin on.

so long superior, you will not be missed. i'm sure you will not be shedding any tears over my absence.i'm enjoying the home time as of 7/13/10 i have not worked a day in july. seeya!:clap:

Kurbski 07-18-2010 10:50 PM

My new gig

I just joined the Carry Transit club last month after retiring from the FD and it's a pretty nice gig. My 9200I is well maintained with ice cold AC and nice to sleep in after a long day. Our yards are secure and Safety training in Greer SC was good as well as both of my trainers being top notch. The other drivers help you out as much a s possible also. Anyway, spent a week doing liquid/dry bulk with one trainer in Lakeland Fl. and another week doing dry bulk in Jacksonville with another learning a boat load of info from them both. Each have been working 25+ years in the industry . Our customers treat us well and the job isn't a cake walk or easy by any means because we do trans loading in rail yards then unload at the customer. It pretty much depends on where you are and what they need.

I loaded my own trailer friday pm and got home by 8:30pm. Then deliver at 7am south of Tampa on Monday. The delivery window is 0700-1500 but the earlier the better IMO so I can hopefully grab another load headed back to Jacksonville. Or run a few local runs around Lakeland to finish up Monday and make some decent pay. Some times you pick up preloaded trailers or load them and it's hot in FL just like everywhere else this summer. It fits me well and all in all it's a decent job that I really like doing plus they treat us well and get us home every weekend. The pay /benefits are above board compared to the other outfits in the SE. Sure beats carriers offering .28 cpm but another benefit is weight loss LOL .....because I am down 15 lbs in 4 weeks and feel alot better :-)

I started reading this thread a few years back and it got me interested in Carry/Superior. So i really appreciate everything that Cyanide, Wysrob, Stan aka Orangetxguy, Skywalker, BHG and others have posted to help us newbs make it out here. You all have a good week

1catfish 07-18-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurbski (Post 483729)
I just joined the Carry Transit club last month after retiring from the FD and it's a pretty nice gig. My 9200I is well maintained with ice cold AC and nice to sleep in after a long day. Our yards are secure and Safety training in Greer SC was good as well as both of my trainers being top notch. The other drivers help you out as much a s possible also. Anyway, spent a week doing liquid/dry bulk with one trainer in Lakeland Fl. and another week doing dry bulk in Jacksonville with another learning a boat load of info from them both. Each have been working 25+ years in the industry . Our customers treat us well and the job isn't a cake walk or easy by any means because we do trans loading in rail yards then unload at the customer. It pretty much depends on where you are and what they need.

I loaded my own trailer friday pm and got home by 8:30pm. Then deliver at 7am south of Tampa on Monday. The delivery window is 0700-1500 but the earlier the better IMO so I can hopefully grab another load headed back to Jacksonville. Or run a few local runs around Lakeland to finish up Monday and make some decent pay. Some times you pick up preloaded trailers or load them and it's hot in FL just like everywhere else this summer. It fits me well and all in all it's a decent job that I really like doing plus they treat us well and get us home every weekend. The pay /benefits are above board compared to the other outfits in the SE. Sure beats carriers offering .28 cpm but another benefit is weight loss LOL .....because I am down 15 lbs in 4 weeks and feel alot better :-)

I started reading this thread a few years back and it got me interested in Carry/Superior. So i really appreciate everything that Cyanide, Wysrob, Stan aka Orangetxguy, Skywalker, BHG and others have posted to help us newbs make it out here. You all have a good week

man, that sounds great! where do i sign up? i only wish i could land a gravy job like that one. i'd give up a job with the fd anyday. right jack or is your name mike? :roll:

1catfish 07-18-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 483731)
man, that sounds great! where do i sign up? i only wish i could land a gravy job like that one. i'd give up a job with the fd anyday. right jack or is your name mike? :roll:

our yards are safe and secure, our customer's treat us well. how many times have you heard a driver utter those phrases? sounds more like managerial thinking, going for the recuiting push. oh brother!:roll3:

1catfish 07-18-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

so, if you are a driver,wink wink nug nug. carry/superior will wish they had a hundred more just like you. so beat that drum wave your pom poms go team go!:bow:

1catfish 07-18-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

i'm sorry the more i read your post the more i've got to add!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kurbski 07-19-2010 07:45 AM

My post wasn't a reply to you catfish and this isnt your personal thread. Blame Cyanide LOL. So whats up with all of the negative comments about me and Carry? I am not a recruiter just another driver posting that the job is for me and you don't even know me. Have you ever worked here at Carry in FL? Kind of funny you blasting others about negative posts on CAD...so whatever. But later on driver and hope you find what your looking for in Life. I don't need to prove myself to you.

1catfish 07-19-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurbski (Post 483763)
My post wasn't a reply to you catfish and this isnt your personal thread. Blame Cyanide LOL. So whats up with all of the negative comments about me and Carry? I am not a recruiter just another driver posting that the job is for me and you don't even know me. Have you ever worked here at Carry in FL? Kind of funny you blasting others about negative posts on CAD...so whatever. But later on driver and hope you find what your looking for in Life. I don't need to prove myself to you.

yesssssss,hook line and sinker!:lol:

wsyrob 07-21-2010 12:50 AM

Just got a letter last week. Drivers are getting a 3.5% raise on loaded, empty and hourly pay. They were just waiting for Catfish to leave. Thanks Cat.

Naah! Kurbski is not management unless they are PMing me on other boards about Carry/ SPCR.

Still running good. I was around 4K ahead of last year at the mid year mark. No complaints.

1catfish 07-21-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 483851)
Just got a letter last week. Drivers are getting a 3.5% raise on loaded, empty and hourly pay. They were just waiting for Catfish to leave. Thanks Cat.

Naah! Kurbski is not management unless they are PMing me on other boards about Carry/ SPCR.

Still running good. I was around 4K ahead of last year at the mid year mark. No complaints.

like i said all along you "company" guys will always have a job.make 'm look good boys! :clap:

1catfish 07-21-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

there you go krbski, the number 1 man at spcr, has spoken the great wysrob.if only i could be half the driver he is.i'd treasure the day.joyyyy.:zzz:

wsyrob 07-21-2010 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 483857)
there you go krbski, the number 1 man at spcr, has spoken the great wysrob.if only i could be half the driver he is.i'd treasure the day.joyyyy.:zzz:

You should take this seminar

TRP - Totally Responsible Person - Training - Consulting - Seminars - Workshops ,accountability workshops, change management workshops, handle conflict workshops, eliminate criticism workshops, customer service training workshops, workshops for deali

Classic Victim Mentality

1catfish 07-21-2010 03:33 PM

why would i want to stand out, i'd rather be like everybody else.

Kurbski 07-21-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

No complaints here either Rob. Left my house in South Daytona and delivered in Arden NC, (just South of Asheville for all you keyboard comando's.lol) last night and back at the house for dinner tonight. They pay me to work and not whine.

BHG0069 08-05-2010 02:33 AM

We need another local driver down at the Morrow terminal in ATL. We only have two right now and need three.

If anyone is interested then please feel free to contact me and I can help you out.

Peace

wepwawet 12-17-2010 06:10 PM

Any Carry drivers out of Lafayette, IN that can give me a true number for a yearly avg. Talked with the term mang and he said home every weekend concern is with the split pay etc that it maybe a bit low. Not looking for the advertised avg i want the real number :)

Skywalker 01-01-2011 07:24 PM

I haven't posted here for a while...BUT, I can say this... I'm not management by any means, and don't want to be.... And I am a driver out of the Garden City Terminal.... I've been with Superior more than 4 years now...and have zero plans to go anywhere and zero complaints. Best job in trucking that I've had, paid fairly, plenty of home time....and I get spoken to with respect, and treated well. I have never had a problem with a shipper, receiver, or even a dispatcher...

Maybe there are some who don't fit into the scheme of things with Superior...but if that's the case I would be very inclined to place the blame on the individual, not the company.

Skywalker 01-01-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 483732)
our yards are safe and secure, our customer's treat us well.

Actually....the statement is rather accurate. I spend far less time looking for parking in truck stops and rest areas because we do have as many yards as we do....and since we can park in Carry yards as well.... I generally only get my fuel in truck stops and leave unless I fuel at a terminal. An added benefit of parking on one of our yards is not having to listen to reefers running or any of the other noise.

Frankly, I would much rather deal with our people in the terminals, and with the customers we have than those that I dealt with when I ran a box or a fuel tanker.... Never had a problem with any of them in the 4+ years I've been with Superior.

wsyrob 01-03-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 491733)
I haven't posted here for a while...BUT, I can say this... I'm not management by any means, and don't want to be.... And I am a driver out of the Garden City Terminal.... I've been with Superior more than 4 years now...and have zero plans to go anywhere and zero complaints. Best job in trucking that I've had, paid fairly, plenty of home time....and I get spoken to with respect, and treated well. I have never had a problem with a shipper, receiver, or even a dispatcher...

Maybe there are some who don't fit into the scheme of things with Superior...but if that's the case I would be very inclined to place the blame on the individual, not the company.

I am still happy here as well. You get one of those new trucks yet?

Steel Horse Cowboy 01-04-2011 09:57 AM

Not sure what ever happened to CY????? It's funny that i never knew he worked out of right here in my hometown for Red Thompson. I did a lot of hauling for them on the side, and i bet I ran into CY a few times

Skywalker 01-06-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 491834)
I am still happy here as well. You get one of those new trucks yet?

No, I'm still running around in my 07.... Got to have another EGR put in it right before Christmas.... Couldn't believe it....Uhl International in Louisville got me in and out on the same day!! Last time I looked our terminal (008 GC, GA) only had one of them.... I drove it bt down to the dealer for some service...nice ride, but I dread the day I have to move into one...dragging stuff from one truck to the other. Or are they s'posed to do that for us?? :lol:

wsyrob 01-06-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 491948)
No, I'm still running around in my 07.... Got to have another EGR put in it right before Christmas.... Couldn't believe it....Uhl International in Louisville got me in and out on the same day!! Last time I looked our terminal (008 GC, GA) only had one of them.... I drove it bt down to the dealer for some service...nice ride, but I dread the day I have to move into one...dragging stuff from one truck to the other. Or are they s'posed to do that for us?? :lol:

You are probably pretty high up on the list for a new one. I read in one of the newsletters that they were getting rid of the 2007's before some of the older trucks because of engine problems. I am in a 2005 with 570K on it.

Skywalker 01-08-2011 02:01 AM

Don't complain... when my 07' went in the shop very early in the game, I used an older freightshaker with 750K on it.... and frankly when my truck came out of the shop I wanted to stay in the old boat anchor...but they made me go back in the new one. When it runs it good, it does good, but when it runs bad, it really runs bad.

I heard, and cannot verify, but it would seem that the new trucks first came out with an "exhaust brake" instead of "jake brakes".... Exhaust brakes are virtually useless....do about as much good as dragging your foot on the ground... anyway, I heard that they told "Cornbinder" not deliver anymore until they had real "jakes" in them. Truth or Rumor? Dunno, time will tell....

geargrinder 01-08-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy (Post 491850)
Not sure what ever happened to CY????? It's funny that i never knew he worked out of right here in my hometown for Red Thompson. I did a lot of hauling for them on the side, and i bet I ran into CY a few times

I believe he went to Miller as an OO.

geargrinder 01-08-2011 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=wsyrob;483875]You should take this seminar

TRP, their ads run on Sirius. Right between Chet Holmes and the Get out of Debt!

wsyrob 01-09-2011 01:15 AM

[QUOTE=geargrinder;492069]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 483875)
You should take this seminar

TRP, their ads run on Sirius. Right between Chet Holmes and the Get out of Debt!

Doubt it. They are a local cult group in Winston Salem. Used to run a buffet restaurant with nothing but volunteers. Incredible food and ridiculous customer service. I sat through those seminars as staff trainings when I worked for the YMCA. Doubt they advertise.

Skywalker 01-11-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 492064)
I believe he went to Miller as an OO.

Then he went to TWT running out of Jville....and the last time I spoke to him about a week or so ago...he was going to haul heavy stuff for Keene out of Carlisle, PA....

Steel Horse Cowboy 01-11-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 492174)
Then he went to TWT running out of Jville....and the last time I spoke to him about a week or so ago...he was going to haul heavy stuff for Keene out of Carlisle, PA....

he gets around more than my last girlfriend LOL

ironeagle_2006 01-11-2011 06:06 PM

No he is getting around more than my Ex SIL during Fleet Week. Lets just say when she left the US Navy alot of men were disappointed since they knew the easiest lay in the Atlantic Fleet just walked out of the door. Have a buddy that was on her ship and there was a time when a Fast Attack tied up for something alongside their ship in 1991. Well by the time the Sub was repaired my EX-SIL had gone thru all teh enlisted personal on the Sub at least one time.

Skywalker 01-11-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy (Post 492193)
he gets around more than my last girlfriend LOL

I hate to say it....but I'm about ready to start a "pool" on how long this gig will last.... :lol:

hydroplane 04-23-2011 02:46 AM

Any more info about carry? Anyone out in jersey drive for them?

BHG0069 06-17-2011 02:58 AM

Well after 3 1/2 years here at Superior its time to move on, turned in my two weeks yesterday. Got a MUCH better paying local job with better benefits, faster trucks, and no weekend work, pension plan and 401k. They also pay time and a half after 40 hrs. The new job is also about 10 min from my house, so no more 45 mile commute every morning. I will still be pulling a tanker, but without my time here at Superior, I wouldn't have been able to get this job. So thanks for everything Superior!!!
My last year here at Superior I worked local and the pay cut I had to take coming off the road just wasn't working for me ($18.00 hr straight time, no OT).

I can't say a bad word about Superior, honestly. Superior is a great company to work for if you have OTR in your blood. They always get you home and they pay pretty good too, you get paid for almost everything you do here. When I was OTR I can only think of a hand-full of times when I wasn't home on the weekends either. In my 3 1/2 years here I never had a problem with really anything. The people down in Morrow #28 (Atlanta) are a great bunch of people to work for and I am kinda sad to be leaving, but there is NO WAY IN HELL I can turn this job down. I've been waiting on a spot to open up for almost two years and now and I finally have the job.

Well, there will be a local spot open here in Atlanta starting July 1st, so if you're interested then call Barry and they will probably hire you because we have too many "old hands" down here and they don't like to "work" hahaha. The local job here really is gravy work. All you do is take empty trailers up to Stepan in Winder to be pre-loaded ( two a day) and come back. You also might have to pre-load a couple trailers in Chattanooga or Macon and deliver a load or two within the week. Yes you have to wake up at 3 or 4am sometimes, but after your 8 or 9 hrs you can go home with no fuss. Us local guys are usually out the door at 1400 or 1500.

Well thanks again Superior and everyone here whom I had the pleasure of meeting.

Rabbitfoot back quiet and reading tha mail!! =)

wsyrob 06-17-2011 02:36 PM

Congrats. What company are you going to?

BHG0069 06-18-2011 01:09 AM

Nexeo Solutions

pd 07-06-2011 11:20 PM

We miss you already down here in Morrow Brandon. Sounds like a great job you've landed . . . I'm jealous! A 2 year wait to get on with them, eh? Sounds like it was worth the wait.

I'm still doing the OTR thing, but it's starting to wear on me. How did you find that company anyway?

Phil

BHG0069 07-09-2011 02:44 AM

Yea I'm sure they do miss me. Barry said they wern't going to fill my spot either. I feel sorry for Billy and Steven lol.

Phil its the old Ashland off Plesantdale Rd. Nexeo bought out Ashland but its basically the same company, just a different name.

Two drivers retired this year there. You can call Joe up there and see if they need another driver, or I can ask for you. I know they said today that business is really starting to pick up and they could need another driver soon.

I'm so happy with my decision and the opportunity to work there. They will have to KILL me to get me to leave hahaha.

Hope you are doing well and if you ever need anything holler at me my friend.

BHG0069 07-09-2011 02:54 AM

Check your PMs Phil

Orangetxguy 07-09-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069 (Post 499877)
Yea I'm sure they do miss me. Barry said they wern't going to fill my spot either. I feel sorry for Billy and Steven lol.

Phil its the old Ashland off Plesantdale Rd. Nexeo bought out Ashland but its basically the same company, just a different name.

Two drivers retired this year there. You can call Joe up there and see if they need another driver, or I can ask for you. I know they said today that business is really starting to pick up and they could need another driver soon.

I'm so happy with my decision and the opportunity to work there. They will have to KILL me to get me to leave hahaha.

Hope you are doing well and if you ever need anything holler at me my friend.

Chemical Supply Company | About | Nexeo Solutions

According to their website all this was, is a Corporate name change.......which leads me to believe that the Ashland Corporate board of directors has something in mind down the road.
I guess I aught to check Ashland's website out and see if Mike Bowlen or Robert Wolfe are listed as a major director. Ashland might be a good stock buy if so.

Good luck with the new job! If they didn't change management style, you will be happy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay....so I went to Ashland while waiting for coffee to brew!! Ashland does say it was a "sale", and it is mentioned as part of their announcement to buy ISP.....which is interesting. ISP is the outfit that makes "Steel Weld" and "Locktite". Like I said. Interesting.

BHG0069 07-10-2011 08:33 AM

Its definatly a good place to work Orange, I hope to be here for a long, long time.

Hell all of the drivers have been here 15-20yrs and two just retired this year. I'm definatly a rookie here. After me the guy with the lowest time is 5 years.

From what I understand too everything is the same as far as management. Nexeo is also a privatly owned company, which makes for a better environment IMO.