Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

rich2189 01-22-2008 08:32 PM

When do you guys think it will start getting busy ?
Was anyone lucky enough to get a new truck

harleypiper 01-24-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich2189

"Start getting busy?" Man I have been on my own for 3 weeks and I haven't stopped. I'm only home because I have a Dr. appt. I had a choice of going to Tenn. or Mich. which ever but again, need meds. and have to make the appt. I have been running all local up to this point but again, just under 2000 miles ea. week and I'm not killing myself either. The only bad thing is NJ pike, Bronx Expway, 91 in Ct/Ma. Mass pike, 495 in Ma. well lets just say all of NE sucks. It's just traffic and more traffic.

As far as a new truck, I just got lucky that the truck I was recently assigned is on the trade list and I will be getting a new one in May. Being new, I wouldn't have expected a new truck.

rich2189 01-24-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper
Quote:

"Start getting busy?" Man I have been on my own for 3 weeks and I haven't stopped. I'm only home because I have a Dr. appt. I had a choice of going to Tenn. or Mich. which ever but again, need meds. and have to make the appt. I have been running all local up to this point but again, just under 2000 miles ea. week and I'm not killing myself either. The only bad thing is NJ pike, Bronx Expway, 91 in Ct/Ma. Mass pike, 495 in Ma. well lets just say all of NE sucks. It's just traffic and more traffic.

As far as a new truck, I just got lucky that the truck I was recently assigned is on the trade list and I will be getting a new one in May. Being new, I wouldn't have expected a new truck.

Thats great there keeping you going .I know the N.E. is the worst i'm sure that will change . My wife and i would like to move to charleston S.C some times in the near future will see what happens with the new job. I'm waiting for a trainer to free up so i can start .Frank told me in about 2 weeks someone will be available i'm really looking foward to it .Have you been sleeping in the truck or getting home at night, and how is it handling the product. Glad to hear things are well. stay safe ....Later

rich2189 01-24-2008 04:10 PM

What kind of harley do you ride?

I have 92 dyna

nsxman2001 01-25-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Did u clear all your checks yet? I noticed u mention starting in two weeks?
I have a start date of feb 4 I can't wait to get going again.

rich2189 01-25-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Quote:

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Din't get a start date but Frank told me to call him in two weeks ,he said they don't have a trainer available .He said the back round chks. are fine
Where are you starting in rahway . What did they tell you as fars as getting home time when your on the road ?

nsxman2001 01-26-2008 04:29 AM

Sounds Great.. to start I will be training local probably coming home everynight once I get the hang of things then I will go over the road I live about 40 miles away from the Rahway location. It will probably be the usual out 5-7 days i really did'nt asked a hole lot about that because I know its an OTR job wife understand this also. When I was filling out the application I did'nt apply for local work which I sure u can I wanted the OTR/ system work for now. However Frank was very friendly answer all my questions I'm confident things will go well.

Good luck!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Quote:

I have 92 dyna

Hey Rich

Din't get a start date but Frank told me to call him in two weeks ,he said they don't have a trainer available .He said the back round chks. are fine
Where are you starting in rahway . What did they tell you as fars as getting home time when your on the road ?

Cyanide 01-26-2008 02:24 PM

Hey gang I wanted to say hi to everyone since after I finish this Huntsville load I'm bouncing over to Jacksonville and taking another few days off. All said, this has been a very good month for me, as the last two weeks (including this one) have comprised of three Huntsville loads. :D

Let's see, have already taken seven days off this month in addition to swinging by the house often in IN going/coming, and about to grab the rest of the month once I get to FL tonight... Am I slacking enough to be able to maintain my "Grand Poombah Slacker" title? :lol:

Y'all take care and be safe, more later!

:wink:

mbadriver 01-27-2008 08:07 PM

Superior Black Hole

Is Markham/Kankakee the black hole of Superior? The folks at the Comfort Inn know me by name 8)

Skywalker 01-31-2008 12:04 AM

Re: Superior Black Hole

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver
Is Markham/Kankakee the black hole of Superior? The folks at the Comfort Inn know me by name 8)

Hopefully you didn't wear out the waffle machine there in Markham!! 8) I ran out of hours about two weeks ago and spent the weekend there and got a reset 8)