Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

Cyanide 02-05-2008 02:17 AM

Skywalker, er, Grandpa wrote:
Quote:

I mean, afterall....if you can lay around down there in Jax....
That's right, and don't you fuggettaboudit jerky!!! :P

Yep, I'm still laying around at home. I was originally going to leave out this weekend, but changed my mind and I ended up taking an extra couple days off. Really breaks my heart that I'm taking more time off and not out there burning up the road like some other drivers out there let me tell ya :roll:. Especially since my son and I are really enjoying the extra time together... Damn, life is so rough. Who says you can't have fun and enjoy your job doing this :lol:

Y'all take care out there. I'll be back later :wink:

harleypiper 02-05-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Hey Carlos...did I see you dropping down through Kentucky this morning??

That may have been me. I was heading to Alabama. I just got back from a 2900 mile cruise in 6 days. Now I'm hanging out and going to do some local work for the week, commitments this week so I guess I'll do some slacking. Only 3 mos. with the company, getting great miles and learning the slacking end of it as well. ahahahaha. I think 1 year up north and I'm going to try and switch to a terminal in S.C. or GA. I need some heat and some Harley riding all year round. Well back to those beers. Ciao All

Skywalker 02-05-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Skywalker, er, Grandpa wrote:
Quote:

I mean, afterall....if you can lay around down there in Jax....
That's right, and don't you fuggettaboudit jerky!!! :P

Ooooooh, thats gonna cost you some Bar-b-q!! Getting a little feisty sitting around nowadays? Hey, I looked at that post on the "other" forum....saw what you meant.....kinda SOS/SSDD......man has that site become a "snakepit"!! Alot of those people need to be tattooed with this...front and back: :withstupid:

Even going on that site left me a little "nauseated"......

Cyanide 02-06-2008 02:06 AM

Skywalker...

Just threw 'em a nice reply that oughtta get the pot stirred real good. What a bunch of morons! :lol:

DD60 02-06-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Skywalker...

Just threw 'em a nice reply that oughtta get the pot stirred real good. What a bunch of morons! :lol:

Not really. :lol:

Cyanide 02-06-2008 03:45 AM

Yeah really! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DD60 02-06-2008 04:01 AM

man has that site become a "snakepit"!!

Didn't have a welcomed visit,did you? :lol:

Cyanide 02-06-2008 05:40 AM

Truck Net

Been on that site a number of years and it has just gotten worse and worse. It's turned into a matter of "I make more...", "I do better than you...", "You're stupid for doing what you do...""You'll fail because you don't make x amount per mile..." blah blah blah. It's no longer the place to get really good info about this industry, unless it's negative info. I could give a rat's azz about a "welcomed visit", and I'm sure Skywalker feels the same. :lol: I'm not here (or there) for a warm fuzzy and group hugs.

Detroit 60, ooops, I mean DD60, I'm happy with what I do, my family is happy with what I do, and our needs are met. News flash, that's all that matters. But you and others like you just simply will not accept that fact. It's always the same beating drum with you people. You seem to think there's no way someone can be successful and happy working the way I do. Who cares if my family and I are happy and provided for, because some know-it-all idiot on an internet message board says there's no way it will work because I don't make a certain $$$ per mile figure, and because he's been doing it for so much longer than I, or did it for ages and retired!

:wink:

DD60 02-06-2008 05:50 AM

Detroit 60, ooops, I mean DD60, I'm happy with what I do, my family is happy with what I do, and our needs are met.

I agree,that is what really matters. However there are carriers that don't haul hazmat or tanker and don't have the expense of 5k tanker equipment and pay over 1.18 a mile. Not by much,but with hauling tankers I would think the rates would be much higher. Have you looked into Quality Carriers? A couple of guys claimed to do really well there on their percentage deal,but if you are happy with where you are now than more power to you. What you do with your truck or how much you haul for is your business,but don't expect not to be criticized on an open forum when you bring those kind of numbers up. ESPECIALLY "over there". :lol:

mike3fan 02-06-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60
Detroit 60, ooops, I mean DD60, I'm happy with what I do, my family is happy with what I do, and our needs are met.

I agree,that is what really matters. However there are carriers that don't haul hazmat or tanker and don't have the expense of 5k tanker equipment and pay over 1.18 a mile. Not by much,but with hauling tankers I would think the rates would be much higher. Have you looked into Quality Carriers? A couple of guys claimed to do really well there on their percentage deal,but if you are happy with where you are now than more power to you. What you do with your truck or how much you haul for is your business,but don't expect not to be criticized on an open forum when you bring those kind of numbers up. ESPECIALLY "over there". :lol:

Quality Carriers? are you kidding? bawawaha :shock: