View Poll Results: Is CRST a decent company to team drive for?
yes 6 15.79%
no 21 55.26%
maybe 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What kinda sucks is CRST may be my only option. Considering my MVR that is. DUI 4 years ago. I could wait a year and have better chances, but I can't afford to wait that long. CRST might be the only company I have found so far that would talk to me. But, I guess I'll see when I start school Monday and talk to other recruiters. I might get lucky. My only concern right now if I to go to CRST is getting a looney co-driver lol. Can't be any worse than my friends though lol.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have been contracted with CRST Malone for just over 2 years now. So far they have done exactly what they said. If I have had a problem together we solved it. I have a great dispatcher and make an above average income higher than many other companies. I run hard most of the time. CRST Malone is a non forced dispatch company which means that if a load doesn't pay enough or goes to an area that I know is difficult to get out of I don't take the load. I work percentage, which I think is the most equitable. I know up front what the load pays. It is my truck and my trailer. If the load doesn't pay what I feel I need to have I don't take the load. I don't know much about the van division. The two companies operate autonomously. CRST Malone is based out of Birmingham, AL. The van division is out of Iowa. Most in the flatbed division are either owner operators or drive for an owner operator. There are over 1,200 trucks in the CRST Malone division. It is my understanding that about 1,000 are owner operators. There are but a few companies that I am aware who have training programs for new drivers. All of them will require a specific time commitment or to be reimbursed for the cost of training for early termination. If I were looking to get into the trucking business and didn't have a CDL I would find a junior college or vocational school with a driver training program. The cost would be minimal and financial aid is usually available. This is a loan which will need to be paid back. Whether you go through a company training program (any company) or directly to a vocational school money will need to be paid for the training. If it is through a company they will require a payback period in the form of labor or for early termination, where you leave, you will need to pay back the cost of training. Schools usually assist in job placement at the end of the training period. Expectations should be realistic. We all have to pay our dues regardless of our career ambitions. There will be a training period after schooling. The best place to learn is behind the wheel not in the classroom. Money will probably be tight with any company for a period of time until the training is complete. This is a profession where you can make an above average income, but it is a profession. If you spend your time playing video games or watching TV in a truckstop you are probably not going to do well. This is a profession where you make money based upon performance. You make money when the wheels turn. Whether you are compensated on percentage or mileage unless you roll you don't make money. That's my experience with CRST Malone and my opinion.