Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   CRST (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/5994-crst.html)

dljames50 12-31-2004 02:15 AM

CRST

Can any drivers out there especially those that work for this company tell me about CRST? I would like to know about the company and their training program. Thanks :) :)

BanditsCousin 12-31-2004 05:07 PM

I hear the van sector stinks, but I hear good things from CRST Malone (flatbed).

just_froggy 12-31-2004 08:37 PM

Ha ha ha......read my signature. CRST is horrible. My fiancee' drove for them for 3 months. I'm surprised he lasted that long. I look back and laugh at the thought that I almost went to their training to get my CDL. I'd stay away.

dtrain 01-03-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_froggy
Ha ha ha......read my signature. CRST is horrible. My fiancee' drove for them for 3 months. I'm surprised he lasted that long. I look back and laugh at the thought that I almost went to their training to get my CDL. I'd stay away.

just_froggy; what was it about CRST that is so horrible? :twisted: I was thinking about going with CRST for the training and run with them for six months. :idea: After that I would move on to a better company and solo driving. I was wondering if I could deal with this companies problems if they weren't too horrendous for six months. :roll: Thanks in advance. See you on the big road! :rock:

dtrain 01-03-2005 04:45 PM

Current CRST drivers

professional drivers; are there any current CRST drivers out there that can tell me from their own experience about CRST :? . I am getting negative feedback but no examples of what is negative about CRST. I would like to know because there is possibility for me to go to work for them soon. Thanks in advance. Go safely; see you on the big road! :rock:

littleman2 01-03-2005 05:27 PM

dtrain if you go get training with crst here is what you will find 1 two year contract you can't leave for two years shoots the 6 months find a better place to work down. 2 on crst web site they even threaten you before you even sign up about not jumping ship. those 2 reasons alone would make not even think about signing up. the French Foreign Legion sounds better than CRST.

just_froggy 01-03-2005 09:30 PM

Long winded post..........................

1. His co-driver was a complete psycho. I mean, this guy had some mental problems and should not have been behind the wheel of a truck. Asked several times for a new co-driver, never happened.

2. Co-driver took the truck home on time off. He lives 5 hours from here. CRST knows thats the co-driver took the truck home. Co-driver does not show up to the truck until 2 days after he was supposed to be there. We had three phone numbers for this guy and every one of them we called this guy was no where to be found. Result? Screaming dispatcher blaming the whole thing on my fiancee'. I can vouch for this.

3. Driver refresher course. He had to go through it. CRST took the payments out of his pay twice a week. When he started out, we knew he wasn't going to be making good money. They took their payment (I forget how much it was) and sometimes he was left with maybe $20. No one can survive on that. And god forbid he was on hometime. Since they pay twice a week, the day he would not get any pay for his hometime, the next payday where he would get money they took out two, yes count them, two payments. He called to check his comcheck balance the one day after this happened and they left him 67 cents. In the meantime I am home packing up our apartment because we can't pay the rent. We pathetically moved in with my mother.

4. His dispatcher. Now I know dispatchers have pretty stressful jobs, being responsible for alot of trucks. Heck, there are even nice ones out there I hear. This guy was just downright mean and nasty. I listened to him scream at my fiancee (see #1) and could not believe what I was hearing.

5. The miles. They are not as great as the recruiter promises.

6. He quit, with no load on the truck, they put on his DAC that they terminated him.

7. Expected him to find a ride to where the co-driver lived. Recruiter promised (HA!) That they would have him dropped off at one of the truck stops along the interstate near us. This only happened once, and he had to catch a ride with another team coming this way. The co-driver lived 4-5 hour drive away, and our car is a rickety '89. Sure, I see this happening.

There are many other little things along the way that went on. This was a year ago he drove for them, so I don't remember all of it. I have seen some posts on here from CRST drivers (not many) that it is not a bad company. If your back round is clean, I highly suggest another company. CRST will treat you like dog crap on your shoe.

Oh, and I forgot to add, we owe them money still for his refresher course. We didn't pay it, we are getting all our stuff together and filing for bankruptcy. If you don't fulfill your contract with them, you end up owing them the money, plus they tack on a hefty interest rate. He owed something like $250, we got a letter in the mail the other day and it is now up to $800.

Onlythefacts 02-05-2005 02:22 AM

CRST

I cannot speak for the VanEx side, but I can tell you anything you want to know about the Flatbed side... there have been major changes done with the flatbed division over the past four months (and they were for the better), and I am sure there are more coming. The flatbed division is agent based, with good paying loaded miles, and one on one dispatch, NO QUALCOMM.

devin 03-04-2005 11:46 PM

crst van expidited

crst is a great company to get started with if you have never drivin before you just need to keep a tight grip on your home,other than that they are prity good overall. i drove for them for almost a year, i left after my codriver rold are truck. and as for the flat bed division it is a closed area because thay dont want to expand there solo division if you run under an o/o already leasted on then you can get in,there teams in flatbed run well.[/img]

tired old trucker 03-05-2005 07:43 AM

you can do better than Crash and Roll StreetTruck...miles may be good...but you got to have they money that goes with them........45 cents a mile aint worth it if you only get 1000 k miles a week.......they money has got to match the miles......and i know that hometime is a major issue.....keep looking and you will find better.....