JB Hunt - general freight 6 states, 40/mi, just one day off each week 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I will never talk bad about a swift driver never met one that was not out standing.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 10-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
I will never talk bad about a swift driver never met one that was not out standing.
Nope me either. But I sure have seen a few that should have been out walking instead. :P But that goes for other training companys as well.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Senior Board Member

:lol: I was expecting to read "...out standing

in a field or pasture."
Old 12-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
Ok old codger here is why I will never ever drive for swift/JB hunt
Pay is to low, to large of company, your truck number is larger than most zip codes. Its to easy for a employee to be for gotten. Sorry But no thank you. oh on the pay issue they pay about .5cpm less then most companys I was paid starting out in 99 at .27cpm now swift starts out at .26cpm. No way. not to knock you codger or and other decent driver for both companies. But IMOHO, you get what you pay for if a employer wants quality he will pay for it if he wants wall mart middle shelf he will pay for it. and if he want to pay peanuts the he gets monkeys to work for him. All I am saying is I don't Work for cheap. I don't know what you bills are like or your life stlye is or how you live. So swift is most likely the best for you.
Look I worked for JBHunt,and what a mistake!They will tell you anything to get you to orentation,the tell you that the decitated freight accounts close .This is a clever trick to get you to agree to drive otr.But guess what then they have you driving regional and local.I was there almost two years and my adverage miles were 1200 to 1800 a week.I hung around hoping things would get better until I couldn't afford it any longer.Oh well I won't make that mistake again.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Rookie

I'm just wondering, if one knows the cpm going into a company then why go drive for that company?

When you sign up with a company are you locked in for a certain amount of time.

Do you have a signed contract of what you want? or do you just have to take what they offer.

I think that if a company doesn't give me what we contracted for then it's time to walk or show them the contract.

Thanks

Doug
Old 12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbears
I'm just wondering, if one knows the cpm going into a company then why go drive for that company?

When you sign up with a company are you locked in for a certain amount of time.

Do you have a signed contract of what you want? or do you just have to take what they offer.

I think that if a company doesn't give me what we contracted for then it's time to walk or show them the contract.

Thanks

Doug
Not unless your fool enough to sign on to be trained by said company. Any one who signs on to learn to drive a truck with a company for a a year or more is a desprit fool. Here is why in MHO 1 you lock your self in to a one year indentured servitude legal binding contract. 2 what happens when you go holy 18 wheels batman I hate this job and want to do something else. Ok leave but please remember item number 1, a legal binding contrat. that has forced not a few but quite a bit of people in to whats known as BK bankruptcy. fine print says that you have 90 days to pay full balance of training and tuition plus acrued intrest for said amount of time. Intrest can be no higher than 27% and no less then a 21% apr. So you have 90 days to pay back nearly 5 big or they send you to collections? wowzers.So if you can't pay for five big up front whats going to change if you quit and have to pay five big no matter what? So my advice pay for training yourself and then go find the company that fits your needs. remember they need you not you need them.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 12-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey SureFoot!!!

Just wondering - what's this dedicated route for Swift listed under? I'm more-than-likely going to Swift the 1st of the year (pre-hire is complete), but they're pushing me for the Family Dollar/Dollar General accounts.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Not unless your fool enough to sign on to be trained by said company. Any one who signs on to learn to drive a truck with a company for a a year or more is a desprit fool. Here is why in MHO 1 you lock your self in to a one year indentured servitude legal binding contract. 2 what happens when you go holy 18 wheels batman I hate this job and want to do something else. Ok leave but please remember item number 1, a legal binding contrat. that has forced not a few but quite a bit of people in to whats known as BK bankruptcy. fine print says that you have 90 days to pay full balance of training and tuition plus acrued intrest for said amount of time. Intrest can be no higher than 27% and no less then a 21% apr. So you have 90 days to pay back nearly 5 big or they send you to collections? wowzers.So if you can't pay for five big up front whats going to change if you quit and have to pay five big no matter what? So my advice pay for training yourself and then go find the company that fits your needs. remember they need you not you need them.

And thats all fine and good and you are right on the level that some folks can pay outright for there training....but then there others like me who cant..and be mature enough to think things through and not jump into the fire ....and once there you will at least be in a Class A job for a year ...

I want it to be understood that I do see your point and in a better financial position id tend to make the same comment
Old 12-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Rookie

Hubby delivered a load to Walmart two weeks ago with Star Transportation. He had to wait 18 hours for them to unload. You have to wait for them to unload and reload before you can move. That will eat up a lot of time. Luckily, Walmart runs are not very frequent for Star, so he shouldn't run in to them too often.

He got 2900 miles last week and he's only been out of training for two months.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Board Regular

you neglected to say if it was a Wally-world store or a DC.

If either one, did your husband recieve detention pay???

Seems a bit too long if at a DC.