User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619 View Post
Most of it was $.33/mile. Around $550, if my math is correct.I think I had some layover pay, and tarp pay ($15). But we knew this going in.....No, I have a 10 speed. The company is buying new Volvos with automatics. I drove one awhile last year hauling frac sand...I kinda like them.
Cool. As long as the money adds up, who cares about the miles, eh?
By the way, the autobox I ran across was in a Cascadia Evo, for what that's worth.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok, back to work after a couple of days off, got my meds, happy camper. They didn't take me off Davis' board yet. Should end this week over 2000 miles, but still it's not close to 3000. Got to the idea that 7-10 days out was pretty much BS, and so will get use to 3 weeks out. Oh yea, $0.16/mile per diem pay, which means my base pay is really this:

0-200 = $0.59/mile
200 - 400 = $0.29/mile
400+ = $$ 0.17/mile

And lets not forget that wonderful $15 they give you for tarp pay. Oh boy.

Good news for felons and prior drug users. My company will hire you. Current drugs users? Fail the piss test, and you get to walk home. Not even a ride to the bus station. And they give you this news after orientation, so they can ruin your CDL as well. Good Luck.

Other than the hard work and low pay, and everything else, this is a good company to work for.

Tell you more next week.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Hello again.
Today is payday---for them, I guess. I didn't get jack. However, I figured I would go over what I did get, and let you decide.

Miles driven 1496 = $ 254.32
Per diem pay = $ 239.36
Other pay = $ 120.00

total = $ 613.68

Now I'm missing something, because if you go in reverse, it figures like this:

Total deposit = $398.85
Taxes paid = $ 28.63
other deductions = $32.25
Advances = $ 182.00

Total = $641.73

Let's talk about advances. You can get $45 per load if gotten at the pump. I took 4 last week, and got charged $0.50 per advance.

I'll figure out why the figures don't match later.
Always remember:
1. Keep track of your miles - info about your loads disappear when you get paid.
2. Keep track of your advances
3. Keep track of your extras, like tarp and layover pay.

I know the pennies I write about are low. That's why I write about them.

See ya next week.

'

Old 08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Figured out what it was I was missing. $28.05 in reimbursed tolls.

'

Old 08-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619 View Post
Good news for felons and prior drug users. My company will hire you.

​……………………..good to know

i wanna know everything

Old 08-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Board Icon

well, what do you know, eh…
I'm told there is an opening in dispatch, I qualify for…
also, recruiting...

Old 08-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Hello again. I guess I have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good. 2611 miles last week paid.

The Bad. Talking with drivers that have anywheres from 6 months to over 8 years with this company, there is a constant feeling. First, none of them like the company anymore. Second, all of the lies. And I mean the whole company lies. I wonder if that includes the drivers as well?

The Ugly. That would be me. Some punk from the company call me today, trying to enforce his will as "Supervisor of the Drivers Managers", and told me I have a bad attitude, "and we are going to talk again.....".

Really? There is such a thing as watch what you wish for. As a few know, I'm not the nicest person, even with the coming out jokes. But I guess he's gonna show me. Needless to say I don't accept any calls coming from the Nashville terminal anymore. If they got something to say, they can put it on the quailcomm.

So why am I still here? The best way to talk about a company is to be working for them, and tell all about daily life at Western Express. Right now, way to many jackoffs with the lable of manager tied to there job. You know, drivers managers, safety managers, Mechicanics managers, and so forth, and so on.....almost as many managers as drivers.

Here is the fun part. In Nashville, they have a party bus for transportation to, and get this, the strip joints, where strippers dance on the two poles in the middle, with the seats are in a cicle around the poles. I saw the bus from the outside.....really wished someone would have told me about that bus while I was in Nashville. Next time I go there, I'll take some pics. Because I saw the bus, but only heard about what's it for...BTW, most, if now all, of the women hired for the office are strippers. This part is still rumors until I get a chance to verify this.

Well, chat with you all later.Everyday is something new. I'll let you know as I go along.

'

Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Board Icon

...sounds like a "progressive company," being run into the ground, with an out of control management. Deja moo.

Well… you are there to get back into trucking, with the least amount of hassle, and with your knowledge and experience, you'll get what you need out of them, and move on to better, in what? 10 months to a year maybe?….

Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok. This is new. I think the logs dept. is on a rampage. They sent out a message about approving the logs for the drivers (electronic logs), and how drivers are going to be in violation if they don't. Within 2 hours of that, the vice president of safety and president of the company sent messages appoligising. And soon after that, all my hours driving were in violation. They changed my logs. Holy hell, I didn't even know they could do that. What got changed was off duty driving I did at the end of monday to find a space in NJ to park. Normally Off duty driving counts as Off Duty. So I also used it as part of my 10 hour break. When they changed it, it put me past 14 hrs on monday, and killed my 10 hrs break, making all driving on tuesday in violation. I never seen a company do this before. As near as I can tell, it's a power struggle with logs and.....hell, I guess everybody.

Well, if I make it thru this BS, a few things will change.
1. Will be parked by 6 pm. NO EXCEPTION.
2. NOT GOING TO THE NORTHEAST. Get stuck on the NJ turnpike, and you can be there for hours.
3. No longer going to try to move loads a day early. On time is good enough.

My DM seems to think that Texas is offlimits. Yes, the same one I fired 2 weeks ago. Guess being able to change DM is yet another lie. Yes, this company lies. Want to hear something shocking? Listen to someone tell the truth......mostly about the company lying. Anyways, after all that has happened, I'm looking forward to getting some hometime this weekend. I don't think anything new will come up until next week, but will keep you updated as I get to a wifi.

'

Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
...sounds like a "progressive company," being run into the ground, with an out of control management. Deja moo.

Well… you are there to get back into trucking, with the least amount of hassle, and with your knowledge and experience, you'll get what you need out of them, and move on to better, in what? 10 months to a year maybe?….
A year is dreaming..I'll settle for 6 months. I've talked to a few that has been here a while. It seems that when the old man who had the business died, and his "wife" took it over, everything went to hell. But here's the thing. We're talking people over 2 years and up still working here. Am I missing something? Something I don't know?

Now the trainers have a good deal. They get paid their miles, the trainee's miles, and $150 per week. So I understand that part. Not that I could ever train....You have to like people to train...I don't. Besides, is it worth letting someone drive your rig while you try to sleep? Could you sleep like that? I can barely sleep in the rig by myself..... I guess I would be too scared to allow a newbi driver to drive while awake. I couldn't sleep at all. I know it's better to die in your sleep, but I have to think that when they hit someone and get the rig set onfire into a burning rig of hell, and me trapped inside a bunk webbing in placed for my protection?

Ah, no.

'