User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndriver View Post
Megas want to start you at what pay scale? 29 CPM? 30 cpm.?

There is a company in MN that will start you above that and actually take you on vacation to mexico every year.

If you want to buy your truck, they'll help you there too.

Had I known of them before I bought my truck, I'd probably still be a company driver.
There are many with higher payscales. And I might look into them. You got to remember, I'm not hired yet. Just because they bring you to orientation doesn't mean your hired, and on the flip side of that, doesn't mean I'll accept their offer.

Only when they accually hire me will I be committed. Until then, I'll enjoy the free trip and hotel stay...on them of course.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

You kinda surprised me Cluggy, I thought you were done with driving. But ya gotta do something and you already know how to drive.
Since ya don't really need the 'standard noob advice' I'll just wish ya BEST A LUCK!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
You kinda surprised me Cluggy, I thought you were done with driving. But ya gotta do something and you already know how to drive.
Since ya don't really need the 'standard noob advice' I'll just wish ya BEST A LUCK!
Thanks for the luck....the more I read about Western Express, the more I wished I nevered bought the plane ticket. A lot of very negitive things, from complaints of checks as low as $159 per week, to the out of route fee of $1/mile, to the $2500 driver refresher that I never knew about.

And these are complaints spanding just 3 years, after the CEO/Owner died, and his wife(?)/mistriss of the dark took over the company....now, if your a lying, no good for nothing, POS dispatcher, this company seems for you....with lots of benifits.

Remember my rants about JB? Remember me saying that angry drivers are angry for a reason? These drivers I have read from ALOT of different sources, found by bing.com, just search "Western Express Inc. Complaints", well, kinda have me thinking of just taking a lost on the plane ticket.......

It seems like I'll come out further ahead. Anyways, I got some time to think about it.

'

Old 07-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Because the MNdriver thinks going to Mexico is a selling point. BTW...you'd make $500 per week tax free using your Occupational accident policy.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Board Regular

The mexico trip isn't the selling point.

The company y makes it a point that the drivers are just as important as the office staff and both go there for a team building event.

And I'd consider it a gimmick if it weren't for the other things the owner of the company does.

But hey, you both know better without knowing the full facts.

He's unhappy about being told he has to start over since he's been out since 2008. I left in 97 and came back in 2012. Megas were the only ones telling me I had to take refresher courses and their pay was crap compared to finding a local company that's smaller and paid better.

Hmmm. Makes sense to me. Smaller company, better pay and less hassle coming back.

Yop, I'll go to a mega company where its just the opposite.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, after reading the complaints for this company, alot of information has come up...

It seems that the "free" refresher course may come with a 9 month/$2500 fee. This has NOT been verified, but has been reported. This is a deal breaker - I don't the time to waste with a company like this, should this be the case. Nothing was told from the recruitor or company to make me aware of this deal before they set me up for orientation. I leave tomorrow, with orientation on tuesday.

I'm not a nice person. However, I do need to find out by being there, not from listening to a lying recruitor. I'll be sure to let you all know what happens.

'

Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member

You might want to check out Crete, I know it sounds like I'm head hunting but I'm not. I HATE to see people screwed over! Crete has a refresher course (FREE) I went thru it and was told it would be 6 weeks but then once they saw I could not only drive a straight line but back up too! They gave me a truck in just less than 3 weeks (i did need that 3 weeks). All in all they've been pretty good to me and they have a flat bed division HUNT Transport. If your interested check with Hunt if they do the refresher course too cause drivers can't just 'switch' from Crete to Hunt like they can from Crete to Shaffer. I guess it's cause of load securement.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
You might want to check out Crete, I know it sounds like I'm head hunting but I'm not. I HATE to see people screwed over! Crete has a refresher course (FREE) I went thru it and was told it would be 6 weeks but then once they saw I could not only drive a straight line but back up too! They gave me a truck in just less than 3 weeks (i did need that 3 weeks). All in all they've been pretty good to me and they have a flat bed division HUNT Transport. If your interested check with Hunt if they do the refresher course too cause drivers can't just 'switch' from Crete to Hunt like they can from Crete to Shaffer. I guess it's cause of load securement.
Hey, Repete............

You think they'll require him to do any crossdocking??
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok......and hello from Nashville, TN.

Decided to come out, and see wht it is. The hotel not so bad. It's underconstruction, but my room is ok. Talked to a couple of new drivers....

They are not to thrilled to be here..... haven't met my roommate yet -- yes, you will have a roommate. McDonalds is next door, so dinner will be nuggets.

Hotel serves breakfast in the morning in the lobby @ 5:30 am? Then you must go to meet shuttle bus in the meeting area off the 3rd floor by the pool @ 6 am.

However, I'm glad to say that I don't need a refresher course, so my recruiter said. So after orientation and seccurement class, I'm getting straight into a truck.

So that's good. Anyways, more to say tomorrow.

'

Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
Hey, Repete............

You think they'll require him to do any crossdocking??
Hope not, I think that might be a deal breaker.