User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Please help and not judge!!!

I know y'all probably seen this questions a million times. I new to truck and just got my CDL, graduating today. I don't want my past to turn around and bite me. Can anybody tell me if TMC or WERNER hair follicle test or urine test?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have no idea whether TMC or Werner do follicle testing, but I can assure you that ALL motor carriers are required to do drug testing. Most will at the least check urine. All carriers are also required to do random drug testing. If you are taking drugs, then you may want to find another career. If you test positive for drugs in your system, your career is over before it gets started. You cannot do drugs and have a career as a commercial truck driver. If you have smoked marijuana it will show up in hair for months. If you want to know about how any company tests then your best bet would be to call them. You should have had a drug test when you got your physical. I assume you passed or you would not have gotten your medical card. But, if you have taken drugs since, then you are on a collision course. You need to sit down and give serious consideration as to what you want. More and more companies are doing random drug testing. There are also more companies who are doing hair follicle testing. If you are taking drugs it is only a matter of time before you are caught. My advice is that if you have been taking drugs lately to wait at least 6 months before applying to any company. The industry is in the process of putting together a database of those who have failed drug tests. If you are caught in the net, you will find it next to impossible to work in this industry. Hiring someone who is known to have been on drugs is a high risk for carriers and insurance companies.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

You asked not to judged, and then ask about drug testing??? Shouldn't you have thought about that before getting your CDL? Your in a tight spot now, your cdl hase a shelf life and you have to put off getting your first job cause you may not be clean. Do everyone on the road a favor and get someother kind of job. Harsh but the life you save may be your own or MINE!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Werner does urine. In almost 6 years with them, I've never taken or given a hair follicle test, just urine tests.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
You asked not to judged, and then ask about drug testing??? Shouldn't you have thought about that before getting your CDL? Your in a tight spot now, your cdl hase a shelf life and you have to put off getting your first job cause you may not be clean. Do everyone on the road a favor and get someother kind of job. Harsh but the life you save may be your own or MINE!
What he said
Old 06-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by repete:

You asked not to be judged, and then ask about drug testing??? Shouldn't you have thought about that before getting your CDL? Your in a tight spot now, your cdl has a shelf life and you have to put off getting your first job cause you may not be clean. Do everyone on the road a favor and get some other kind of job. Harsh but the life you save may be your own or MINE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguntommy View Post
What he said
What he said..... he said!!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Why do all the junkies want to be responcible for 80,000 lbs of death while their brains have been fried by drugs?

If you're a junky, present or past, DON'T DRIVE A BIG RIG!! You have no respect for yourself, so you won't have it on the road. The last thing anyones wants to hear is that some junky smeared a busload of kids on the road, too stupid not to drive while loaded.

And for any truckers who are junkies as well, go f*** yourself, and park your truck. You don't belong in a rig.....hell, you really don't belong anywhere.

My view on junkies is simple. If you junkies slice your necks now, the world will be better off.

Just my very bias opinion.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619 View Post
The last thing anyones wants to hear is that some junky smeared a busload of kids on the road, too stupid not to drive while loaded.

And for any truckers who are junkies as well, go f*** yourself, and park your truck. You don't belong in a rig.....hell, you really don't belong anywhere.

My view on junkies is simple. If you junkies slice your necks now, the world will be better off.

Please don't hold back Cluggy, tell us how you really feel.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619 View Post
Why do all the junkies want to be responcible for 80,000 lbs of death while their brains have been fried by drugs?

If you're a junky, present or past, DON'T DRIVE A BIG RIG!! You have no respect for yourself, so you won't have it on the road. The last thing anyones wants to hear is that some junky smeared a busload of kids on the road, too stupid not to drive while loaded.

Right On, Cluggy!!!

Irresponsible junkies like those guys you talk about give responsible junkies like me a bad name!!
Old 11-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Rookie
Default TMC and Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL H View Post
I know y'all probably seen this questions a million times. I new to truck and just got my CDL, graduating today. I don't want my past to turn around and bite me. Can anybody tell me if TMC or WERNER hair follicle test or urine test?
As of 9/04/2014 TMC and Werner only do urine testing