User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default companies that are hiring

hey whats up everyone??? does anyone know a site that can show me companies that are hiring? i currently have 11 months with swift i believe and 8 months driving a heavy duty wrecker towing tractor trailers and driving a low boy. can anyone put me in the right direction? im looking for anyway back into driving....... any help is much appreciated!
-frank
Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franwake13 View Post
hey whats up everyone??? does anyone know a site that can show me companies that are hiring? i currently have 11 months with swift i believe and 8 months driving a heavy duty wrecker towing tractor trailers and driving a low boy. can anyone put me in the right direction? im looking for anyway back into driving....... any help is much appreciated!
-frank
*sigh*

Another one of those posters that want suggestions.....but fail miserably at identifying their specific locality.

Since you said; "i currently have 11 months with swift i believe", I am assuming you left Swift's employ and moved on to your tow truck operator endeavor. So....You are lacking in "qualifying" driving experience....regardless of where you are located. So...that lack of experience is biting you in the tushie....really hard. I am betting that the tow truck was a "roll off" bed...not a Class 8 too.

There are lots of companies hiring. GMan is gonna swing by and tell you to use the list situated right here on this website...there are hundreds on it.

Your best bet...find a "Mega-Carrier" in your area that does "refresher" training, and get some experience. Then move on to the better jobs.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 AM

lol orange, thanks for the reply
no i def drove a class 8 truck. i towed many tractor trailer while still in one piece. i dont know what the total length is but it was a tandem axle wreck plus a tractor and trailer on the hook. and yes i also drove flatbed. when i was there i was the main landoll operator. so there u have it lol. im based out of philly
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
no i def drove a class 8 truck. i towed many tractor trailer while still in one piece. i dont know what the total length is but it was a tandem axle wreck plus a tractor and trailer on the hook. and yes i also drove flatbed. when i was there i was the main landoll operator. so there u have it lol. im based out of philly
See there!! Lookie at all that information!

You could try outfits like Keen Transport out in Carlisle PA for heavyhaul work. Or.....You could check Dana up in Avenel NJ, IF you have tank and hazmat endorsement. Superior Carriers out of Paulsboro NJ.....IF everyone you contact says you gotta do OTR time, then there is Knight Transportation out in Carlisle PA for that.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Who did you tow for?? Janeway , Robs ???

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
See there!! Lookie at all that information!

You could try outfits like Keen Transport out in Carlisle PA for heavyhaul work. Or.....You could check Dana up in Avenel NJ, IF you have tank and hazmat endorsement. Superior Carriers out of Paulsboro NJ.....IF everyone you contact says you gotta do OTR time, then there is Knight Transportation out in Carlisle PA for that.
I was just down there (Carlisle) and saw many help wanted signs from drivers to mech. Crete/Schaffer is looking hard for new drivers
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Who did you tow for?? Janeway , Robs ???

i know alot of guys from robs and they are good people, as for janeway lol they can suck it hard. i worked for evb
Old 05-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i know alot of guys from robs and they are good people, as for janeway lol they can suck it hard. i worked for evb
OH yea i seen them around lol. I used to drive the landoll at norris sales. I know janeway did alot fo hauling for them at low rates. They work cheap. Anyway as far as OTR companys check PE Kremme in avondale. I never drove OTR and they were willing to hire me. They are teamsters too. Pay 4-5 years ago was 38CPM loaded and 34CPM empty. Plus a nice ass benefit package.

P.E. Kramme, Inc.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Senior Board Member

If you have flatbed/lowboy experience i would highly suggest you get back into that...Better earning potential than dry van. GL
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 PM

i got on with a owner op company out of chicago. gonna run team with my buddy in his truck for a while then i may get my own, not sure what im gonna do but i want to do it right this time