User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Heyy Sean, I'm happy for you man. Not that I'm about to attend Swift's orientation; that you're having that same attitude when you first started Swift and it's allowing you to be more productive. Yes, I'm hoping to start with Swift; a driver coming back out after 3 years of being off the road and coming from Schneider and Knight. From what I was told to what I'm about to find out; all the Swift bashing is obsolete. Continue your journey my friend, as I'm about to hop aboard.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Rookie

BiSlim,
Good luck in your journey with Swift! Remember nobody is perfect...ie. DM's, Shop, dispatch, terminal mgrs. As you probably know, it's all about working the system to your advantage. Everything is pretty much automated anymore at swift as I'm sure it is at most other large (and smaller) companies. swift is going withh the new Qualcomms and already has elog classes going. Soon, EOBR's will be in all trucks and they will be paperless. Let's face it, basically all major and submajor carriers are voluntarily going that way. I welcome it. My logs are scanned and periodically/randomly audited now anyway. Paperless would eliminate any mistakes on my part. You run as hard or easy as you want within reason of course. Swift is all about safety, if a driver wants to be a cowboy, they won't fit in and griping will ensue.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Rookie

Thanks a lot Sean. I decided to go with UPS's truckload division. I think I would make out better there. I'm just blessed to have the opportunity to be one of the few to jump aboard the Brown Mule lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Rookie

Good luck with that BigSlim! Wish you the best! Keep posting as to how that goes.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Rookie

I will start orientation on the 13th and will be out all week with a trainer. I will get details later before I head out.