User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
heehhehheh, i plan on being quite the prude with my money. in order to get the study material together, knight needs to get my ass home. they're stalling. i'm going to miss two weddings and the spreading of the ashes of my deceased grandmother. :thumbsdown:
Sorry to hear about you GandMama Vance. You have my sympathies.

Interesting....You were named after Grandpa huh?

As for working for KBR. If that is what you want to do...best of luck.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I assume you are talking about Iraq, but really, what's the difference? That entire region stinks.
Is there any way for you to talk with tanker yankers currently working over there? or talk with anyone returning from there?

I think the game's going to shift. There's a big thing with corruption over falsifying documents and stealing oil/fuel to fund the insurgence, and tribal thugs looking to get rich.
The oil is government controlled, (cynical laugh) to get this madness under control, and without the help of the US Military's protection and muscle, things are going to change.

The Iraq oil industry is a mess, and about a 1/3rd of the imported fuels are being stolen. I can imagine with the US Troop draw down in August,
we'll hear more about this area of Iraq's reconstruction going straight to hell. Iran wants to bust this Country into pieces, and I seriously doubt the Iraqi Military will keep this contained.
They don't have a stable government right now, as they are arguing over the recent election.

All Iraq has that is worth anything, is the oil, so you know all eyes will be in that direction. These people hate each other, hate you, hate them, and have hate they don't even know what to do with, and it's gonna get worse in my opinion.

I don't know...maybe it's not too late to drop our guns, pull all our Troops out of the whole region, and let those bastards think they've won. Then those 1500 Nukes Obama wants to get rid of? Ship them 30 min. EXPRESS to that entire focked up part of the planet. Spread them out evenly, even if it means shortening our day by another millisecond, like the earthquake in Chilli did. <<(I spelled it correctly...that's the way it's suppose to be pronounced)
i agree with you on the middle east. it's a craphole would be better off as one giant glass surface. when things become buck wild, you can count on israel handling business with or without worldwide support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Sorry to hear about you GandMama Vance. You have my sympathies.

Interesting....You were named after Grandpa huh?

As for working for KBR. If that is what you want to do...best of luck.

yes, most of the first names on my dad's side have been carried down by relatives who have passed on. my uncle bill got his first name from my great uncle who died in WWII by way of a japanese sniper in okinawa. i'm not sure where my dad got his name from. he's the youngest of the brothers.

hopefully things go through on my favor. i need to renew my passport. that might take the longest out of all the steps. the tanker study material and test shouldn't be difficult. before my passport expired, they were willing to hire me on without the tanker endorsement. their weapons policy turned me away and then somebody showed me the video where the three KBR drivers were shot and killed. one of those drivers being from arizona.

the main thing i'm mostly concerned with is what the HELL i'll do if/when a cabover breaks down and the convoy leaves my ass in the dust. all i know is that if i'm approached and ordered out by the enemy, i'll flip them the bird, call their god a queer, shout "HAIL ISRAEL!" i'll be damned if i'll be taken alive. i'd rather be shot to holy hell than have my head severed. what they do to my corpse afterward is up to them. i could care less.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
when things become buck wild, you can count on israel handling business with or without worldwide support.
I dunno...maybe. But what I've heard is Iraq is a "no fly zone" and the current administration will not give Israel fly over permission. They have no way to even get to Iran.

I don't know what will happen, but I think what may happen more likely than not, is this region goes to hell in a hand basket over the next few years.

Last edited by Roadhog; 04-22-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -nix-nix-nix View Post
i'll flip them the bird, call their god a queer, shout "HAIL HITLER Svinehunts!"
I'm sure that would be your best play.
They will fear and respect you. :lol:

Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I'm sure that would be your best play.
They will fear and respect you. :lol:

raul julia as m. bison just didn't go over well. that whole movie didn't.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Senior Board Member

In an Indiana Jones kind of way, I'm behind you. It'll be an adventure like no other and, when it's all said and done, there may even be some treasure. If you get to boink a Cathleen Turnerinaburka, or two, along the way, more treasure.

I don't like the EIBs or the IUDs or whatever the heck they call those things, let alone would I drive one, and I've never been a fan of a snipers bullet. Throw in the grossly inhospitable environment, primitive living arrangements and the unpredictable nature of our government's relationship with their government . . well, I won't be joining you. If I wound up there after a bachelor's party, that would be one thing . . clip a few poppies, smuggle them home and bam . . Superfly!

Iraq is/was about access to oil just as A(ss)crackistan is access (or eradication) of poppy. Our latest insurrection is about American pharmaceuticals gaining control of the croppy pop (they can make it in their labs) or is it poppy crop? Big P wants to get their hands on some of (all) that gang litter that's polluting our streets. They'll harness it, harvest it, sanitize and repackage it as a cure for a disease we don't yet know we have and get all those bean colored people an da po black folk out da way. evabuddy happy?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Board Regular

i've never seen how much you could make with a cdl tanker endorsement, what do they (kbr) tell you when you enquire about salalry?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1catfish View Post
i've never seen how much you could make with a cdl tanker endorsement, what do they (kbr) tell you when you enquire about salalry?
Depends on if you haul in whats considered safe areas or no man's land.
80k to 125k starting (US tax free)...if you work at least 320 days. If you quit before then, it'll cost you lots of money to find out the job was worse than you expected.

Some get off the plane, and find out 130 in the shade is too much to bare. There is a high turn over, despite the orientation, people just don't realize what they are going into.

If I were to apply, I bet the job I'd get would be collecting dimes at the Le Petomane Thruway. ("Highway of Death" Hwy 80- between Kuwait and Iraq)

[YOUTUBE] <object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SbWg-mozGsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SbWg-mozGsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

They wouldn't want me around any of the wimmin. I'd never be able to go a whole year without being able to ask a native Barbie in her smokin' hot burka, if she shaves her legs.
I'd probably even find a way to get slapped just coming off the plane. cof

Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

seems the only people who oppose me doing so are my closest friends here in the offline world. it freaks them out, but they also support my decision in doing so.

what do i hope to gain from the experience? well, i hope to gain very special experience that i cannot get anywhere else. it'll get my foot into the door with the specialized commodities, and hopefully, help wipe away the poo stains on my resumé that are swift and knight. i know that for as long as i work for the junk carriers, the money i'd like to make will never be. i'm sick of being a contributor to the low ass rates. i hate the fact that ALL of the junk carriers think of their drivers as uneducated mexicans. right now, though, having a job is better than being unemployed. hopefully it'll all change in my favor.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
seems the only people who oppose me doing so are my closest friends here in the offline world.
They just don't know you as well as we do. (j/k)

........... little nix

Last edited by Roadhog; 04-28-2010 at 11:50 PM.