User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default cpc logistics walgreens windsor,wi

I am looking for info on how cpc logistics is to work for and how the walgreens account in windsor,wi is and any other info someone might have

thanks for the help
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 AM

I'm not sure how the company is, but that job is driving to different Walgreens stores and unloading a trailer full of goods with a hand cart.

Not bad if you're younger and have the energy for all that unloading down a ramp, maybe they have lift gates.

Good luck
Old 03-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Rookie

swervynmervyn I am looking to move back to WI from CA but I would like to have a job lined up before I move back if possible. I have found a few jobs online. I liked the pay of the Walgreens job and use to deliver rail containors to Windsor alot.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwervynMervyn View Post
I'm not sure how the company is, but that job is driving to different Walgreens stores and unloading a trailer full of goods with a hand cart.

Not bad if you're younger and have the energy for all that unloading down a ramp, maybe they have lift gates.

Good luck
I have done some Walgreen loads out of Perrysberg OH, when things were slow. It usually consisted of hitting 4 or 5 stores, first stop at 7 or 8am. Most stores are within a few miles of each other. And yes, you do hand unload the trailer, usually a 48 footer loaded to the gills. The heaviest items were the cases of bottled water and detergents.

The store has an expandable roller ramp system they drag out of the back room that reaches up into the trailer. On the trailer side, it has roller sections, around 7 feet long, that you put together and place on empty totes to bring them up to waist level. The real b-tch of the whole deal is the empty totes, you have to move and secure them at every stop. And when they fall on the deck, it can make for one real pain in the rear. At the end of the trip you usually have a few hundred totes in the trailer that will go back to the Walgreens DC.

You will get a workout, especially when it is 90 degrees outside and well over 100 in the trailer. The loads paid good, $2000 a trip, and I could do a turn in 24 hours and be back home.

And the one nice thing about the whole deal was that most of the employees of the store were right there next to you unloading. It was a good group effort and made things go quickly.

Mike

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-28-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Rookie

I don't mind hand unloading the trls I use to deliver to marshalls stores and had to unload the whole 48' trl at one store with roller system. And some of the boxes where about
80lbs. and they had some small pieces of furniture to.

The pay does seem very good for Wi. its more than I make out here in CA. and the cost of living is a lot less in WI.

I am sure the drivers stay very busy seeing that there are alot of Walgreens stores.

Thany you for the info
Old 03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Senior Board Member

They were looking for drivers in my area about a month ago for walgreens account. I think it was 18.10/hr with OT after 8. Thats about all i can tell ya.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Board Regular
Default Cpc...

On the west coast CPC is nothing but a bunch of scam artists...That pay looks pretty good, but what they don't tell you is that when you start you are NOT a full time employee. You are basically "on-call" taking whatever left-overs are left at the end of a day for the "scheduled" employee's. There is NO guarantee that you will even work and you can go for days with out working. They hire a lot because their turnover is high. Your trip may start any day or any hour and they basically expect you to be "on-call" for nothing..I dealt with these people out of their Woodland, CA. DC and listened to all their promises..A couple of good friends fell for it...They lasted 3 weeks...Their benefits aren't even offered for a year either and are priced high..Just another "logistics" company..
Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Rookie

Do you know if the same people run the ca. and the wi. accounts? Because I have not seen them hiring drivers for windor,wi for a long time. And the ad. says full time but that doesn't always mean anything.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Board Regular

It seems to be all the same company..I wouldn't trust them, but the Midwest may be different. If you go for an interview make sure you "nail down" all your concerns. They sure didn't bother telling the truth up here..