User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Evil past employer,

I have the misfortune of getting hooked up with a vicious past employer. I can not do anything to force them to give me an unbiased reference until I get it on record of just what they are saying about me.

The company is Mid Atlantic Construction Company
Their phone number is (540) 368-0540
My supervisor was Dave Griffith
My name is John Davidson

I need someone to contact this person to verify my past employment. I was working there from September 2008 thru February 2009. I was terminated after a doctor visit for a pulled hamstring that went on their workmens comp. I had been taunted repeatedly to operate the equipment irresponsibly, and illegally. Since I refused to place my life or the lives of others on the highway at risk, tensions were rising. I am sure this fellow is the reason I have not found work in over a year. The problem is that I cannot get this guy "on the record" saying false information about my employment there. I am not looking to sue his pants off, I just need for him to stick to the facts, and not to embellish the report. The EEOC will only help me if I can get him "on the record". That is where any of you can help me. Getting it in writing would be a Godsend.

Last edited by Go Steelers!; 03-26-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added details
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Board Regular

why not just not putting that job on your applications
Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Rookie
Default Disqualified!

I only wish it were that easy. I have tried not listing them, but any background check, or employment search will turn it up. Especially as related to driving jobs. Believe me when I say I have tried a lot of round about ways to get this sucker to not have an affect on my employment. I am really up against a wall.

Last edited by Go Steelers!; 03-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Steelers! View Post
I only wish it were that easy. I have tried not listing them, but any background check, or employment search will turn it up. Especially as related to driving jobs. Believe me when I say I have tried a lot of round about ways to get this sucker to not have an affect on my employment. I am really up against a wall.
In order to have someone make a call to verify work experience, you need someone that is familiar with that task. It has got to be someone that knows what questions to ask, and which ones you can not ask. You need someone that has worked "human resources" and knows the jargon. Most of us on this board do not have that experience. And, those that do... I don't know if they will or not. But if this company knows how to "blackball" you and not get caught, they also know when to shut up because the caller does not speak the right language.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Steelers! View Post
I have the misfortune of getting hooked up with a vicious past employer. I can not do anything to force them to give me an unbiased reference until I get it on record of just what they are saying about me.

The company is Mid Atlantic Construction Company
Their phone number is (540) 368-0540
My supervisor was Dave Griffith
My name is John Davidson

I need someone to contact this person to verify my past employment. I was working there from September 2008 thru February 2009. I was terminated after a doctor visit for a pulled hamstring that went on their workmens comp. I had been taunted repeatedly to operate the equipment irresponsibly, and illegally. Since I refused to place my life or the lives of others on the highway at risk, tensions were rising. I am sure this fellow is the reason I have not found work in over a year. The problem is that I cannot get this guy "on the record" saying false information about my employment there. I am not looking to sue his pants off, I just need for him to stick to the facts, and not to embellish the report. The EEOC will only help me if I can get him "on the record". That is where any of you can help me. Getting it in writing would be a Godsend.
usually when a prospective employer hears that you were on workmens comp, they wont even consider you, the circumstances dont matter, they consider you high risk
Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Rookie
Default That's exactly the point

They are not permitted to divulge workmen's comp, OSHA, or discrimination claims, or make false and/or demeaning claims about a former employee. Not even in this "right to work" state of Virginia.
As for the proper questions to ask, they are easily summed up as "would you rehire this employee yes or no, and why would he say that". This guy is so F'ing arrogant, that once he gets asked, all you need do is to let him spout off. Then ask him to fax that to you, since the owner is seriously considering this hire. He is not all that bright. The other companies around here ARE that smart, and are looking out for themselves as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Why haven't you gotten a family member to do this for you?