Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Interesed in CR England? Read this

http://www.landlinemag.com/Special_R...cr-england.htm
Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

And yet...you still see their trucks rolling up and down the highpay highway.
With that nifty coat-of-arms emblazoned on the trailer.
And the driver earning a whopping .90 CPM plus FSC.

Just goes to show the mentality of today's drivers.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Senior Board Member

have a friend that I repeatedly warned aganst joining them yet he still did, some ppl have to see to beleave
Old 12-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Does anybody have a good story about CR England? I have yet to meet one that does.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:03 PM

I have talked to several drivers who had general positive things to say about CRE believe it or not. Of course these guys might have been new or idiots, but they seem to have a little better image in with the drivers I've talked to than on any message board I've been to.

Saying that... I do not work for CRE, nor will I ever, just giving my input. Here are two good (though on has bad, too) stories I've heard from drivers/former drivers:

When I worked at Heartland there was another driver I used to run into a lot and became friends with that worked for CRE for a while. He was working for a smaller company that went out of business pretty much overnight. He and another driver who were good friends decided they would sign on with CRE and run team to make some money (they had bounced a couple checks too apparently). He said they were doing great, back and forth and back and forth across the country. CRE really kept them moving and they made some pretty good money. BAD SIDE: when they quit they had worked for CRE 3 1/2 months. Since they had left the house for orientation, they hadn't been back home yet. They both lived in NC east of I 95, a bad freight area, but come on! Overall he said he didn't mind them except the no hometime thing. They had only planned teaming for a couple months anyway so it worked out as they did make some money.

Story two: Talked to a guy at Sorrento Cheese in Buffalo a couple weeks ago. He ran dedicated for England out of there and had for a while. He liked his job, but it was dedicated so I'm sure it wasn't too bad.

Overall, though, I haven't heard but maybe 3-4 good stories about CRE on any message board. And usually someone posts them and them 3-4 months later (after being CRE's biggest supporter), they disappear. Who knows what happens to them.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Thats interesting as I'm rolling towards 20 yrs in the seat and I havn't heard one good thing yet. they are still in business so someone must have some kind of good luck with them.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Board Regular

Quote from the link:
One of the big issues facing Judge David Nuffer was exactly how much that rate of interest should be. OOIDA suggested that Utah’s statutory legal interest rate of 10 percent be used. C.R. England argued that the 91-day Treasury bill rate should apply.

The magistrate judge used neither in his final decision. Judge Nuffer cited a paragraph included in a number of the motor carrier’s own leases, which uses an 18 percent annual “finance charge” on balances overdue in the event that either party to the lease (the driver and C.R. England) defaulted on any amount due. In other words – what was good for the goose is good for the gander.

C.R. England argued that this whopping rate of interest was too much. Judge Nuffer wrote that “the Defendant should not be permitted to argue that its own form contract is unreasonable when that rate is applied to the Defendant.”

But C.R. England took its fervent appeal back to Judge Stewart. On Dec. 16, 2009, Judge Stewart backed up Judge Nuffer, ruling that the 18 percent would stand.

End quote.

I applauded at this. They argue that their own interest is too much, how arrogant can you be?! I drive by their training trucks all day,every day so they are still churning out drivers, but I will always remember when I worked at the refinery to the east of their Lot. I work see drivers walking down the frontage road crying, trying to carry all of their belongings to get to a bus stop to take them to the airport of a greyhound station. I know most training companies have a special place in hell, but I really hope They get a taste of what they've been doing to people all these years.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
Quote from the link:
One of the big issues facing Judge David Nuffer was exactly how much that rate of interest should be. OOIDA suggested that Utah’s statutory legal interest rate of 10 percent be used. C.R. England argued that the 91-day Treasury bill rate should apply.

The magistrate judge used neither in his final decision. Judge Nuffer cited a paragraph included in a number of the motor carrier’s own leases, which uses an 18 percent annual “finance charge” on balances overdue in the event that either party to the lease (the driver and C.R. England) defaulted on any amount due. In other words – what was good for the goose is good for the gander.

C.R. England argued that this whopping rate of interest was too much. Judge Nuffer wrote that “the Defendant should not be permitted to argue that its own form contract is unreasonable when that rate is applied to the Defendant.”

But C.R. England took its fervent appeal back to Judge Stewart. On Dec. 16, 2009, Judge Stewart backed up Judge Nuffer, ruling that the 18 percent would stand.

End quote.

I applauded at this. They argue that their own interest is too much, how arrogant can you be?! I drive by their training trucks all day,every day so they are still churning out drivers, but I will always remember when I worked at the refinery to the east of their Lot. I work see drivers walking down the frontage road crying, trying to carry all of their belongings to get to a bus stop to take them to the airport of a greyhound station. I know most training companies have a special place in hell, but I really hope They get a taste of what they've been doing to people all these years.
I got a kick out of CR claiming the rate they were charging the drivers was too high for them to pay themselves. Kinda like Barney Frank forcing the banks to make loans to people that couldnt pay them back then screaming at the banks for needing bailouts and saying he knew how to fix them. People in power never seem to get it.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

there was a guy working for cr england for a year and he was still at 26 or 27 cpm, now in the begining I know companies have you at those rates, I don't agree with them but it's acepted they do that to offset the risk they take in haveing a new driver. after 3 to 6 most if you aren't at 30 cpm or better that company or you are foobared. or both
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Board Regular

many would benefit by reading the article in the new landline on page 76-77 entitled "want to avoid getting burned by a lease purchase? it has two pages of ways they screw you. i dont know how to post it tho