User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

woo-hoo wimpy good luck and be sure to post the scoop on the company for us.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Board Regular
Thumbs up

Hey everyone, just updating those of you that wanted to be updated periodically on this job. Well I gotta say it's the easiest trucking job I've ever had. Tuesday nights and Thursday nights I take a load to Albuquerque,NM. with 1-4 stops and then go home. Saturday nights I do a run to Las Vegas and again do 1-4 stops. I guess the hardest thing getting used to with this job is going from a 70+mph truck pulling a tanker of milk to a 66mph truck pulling a reefer trailer. But I can't complain, it's a good company, I never have to worry about my truck getting fixed as they have a mechanic shop as soon as you pull into the yard with mechanics ready to fix the problem. We don't have to worry about fueling at truck stops, we just fuel there at the yard and with a full tank of fuel lasts to Albuquerque and back. So far it seems like they pretty much pay you for everything you do, you get paid a minimum of 4 stops per load whether you have that many stops or not. If your held up at a store for more than an hour, they'll throw an extra $10 per hour your held up (I believe thats how much it was). They have all kinds of bonuses, like if you average 6.2-6.4mpg it's an extra 1/2 cpm, 6.4-6.6 it's an extra 1 cpm and 6.7 and above its 1 1/2cpm. They also gotta fuel bonus, so if you have a low idle % you will be eligible for that and for me I'm hoping I'll qualify since I never idle being as cold as it gets in Albuquerque and Vegas. When I first got trained about a month ago, the guy that trained me said he'd been there for almost 3 yrs and he's scheduled to make just over $60k this year, so not a bad wage for such easy work. We deliver to ONLY Kroger grocery stores, so once you been to a certain store you pretty much know how to get back there the next time. Oh ya and the last thing I'll say about the company is, I had assumed that we had to unload the truck ourselves but not true, the store has people that unload it for us, all we do is "driver assist" basically just help them push the pallets off the truck. Once the pallet is off the trailer it's their responsibility. So like I said before it's easy work and easy money, I highly suggest this company to anyone that maybe throwin your resume out there for different companies to look at.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

They used to have a small yard just east (outside) Springdale, Ar...

do they still do that? they used to pickup a lot of Allen Canning in Van Buran, Ar and of course around Springdale(chickendale)
Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Senior Board Member

I see those guys on I-8 heading to and from Yuma, AZ all the time. They have a sign posted on a stick in the dirt as you enter the Loves in Yuma. That sign has been there for a least a year.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Board Regular