User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Who knows Prime

A good buddy of mine is getting phone calls out the kazoo from Prime wanting him to come to work for them. I thought this a bit odd since he's just out of driving school. Does anyone here know what Prime is up tp these days and why would they be wanting a student driver so bad. Maybe tax credits or so forth??? But from what I've read on other sites, Prime is just as bad....or good, as any other company out there. Any body have any feed back they'd like to talk about??? Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightstack View Post
A good buddy of mine is getting phone calls out the kazoo from Prime wanting him to come to work for them. I thought this a bit odd since he's just out of driving school. Does anyone here know what Prime is up tp these days and why would they be wanting a student driver so bad. Maybe tax credits or so forth??? But from what I've read on other sites, Prime is just as bad....or good, as any other company out there. Any body have any feed back they'd like to talk about??? Thanks!!
Well, follow along and I'll try and keep it real simple for ya'. Why does any business hire? Simple, because they have open positions to fill. Well, why would a trucking company have open positions to fill? Is it because the economy is going gangbusters and freight's sitting on the dock and Prime needs drivers? Nope, that ain't happening just read the papers. So what other reason would they be hiring now? Easy, they can't hold onto X amount of drivers for the Y amount of freight they have. So why can't they keep drivers in this day and age where drivin jobs and jobs in general are slim pickens? That one's easy, too: because they pay crap and treat you like **** like most over-the-road jobs do.

Prime targets students because they want starry-eyed naive and possibly desperate people laid off with bills to pay in their company program which is basically a set-up to lease these folks a truck. CR England does the same thing.

Most experienced drivers won't fall for these scams. O/O's who know how to run a business would laugh at these shenanigans.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Rookie

yep!!! I agree with that 100% think about it. they are going to make it sound like he will make alot of money. by simply owning his own truck... I would call prime back. and ask them if they still require a $1000 dollars down on the lease... any of the old drivers from the 70's will tell you about when they were mid west transport. doing the same thing. The use to have ads out. saying one dollar down!!!!! and you will be running your very own loads. in your very own truck!!! another reason why prime is targeting student drivers... because they don't have to investigate 10 years of jobs on an experienced driver... 3 years is all they have to look at on your buddies history... so i would choice wisely... you only get one chance to start with a good company. after that. he will have to show 10 years of work history to get another driving job... I would call FFE. They seem to be a pretty good company to start with... or depending on where you live.. you might call cypress truck lines in jacksonville,florida. I hear alot of drivers are really happy with them... and they probably have to lowest turn over rate. outside of the teamster carriers or wal-mart and us foods..