User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 View Post
Now why wont you disclose it? It's not like there is anyone on here that will question your numbers and say you are a windbag. I say post the numbers and tell whoever to kiss your :moon: lol....By the way, this stuff is interesting,start a thread on your show circuit and tell us about it. I like reading these things.
Been there, done that. If I'm not accused of taking the whole linehaul and lying about my cut, it's another. And secondly, I won't hijack a great thread. Vey interesting taking these bikes places and the hotty models My tour isn't really too exciting- cases with AV equipment and a few displays.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Board Regular

WOW, Great thread! Very interesting stories. Last year I had an opportunity to drive for Kawasaki to take their bikes and equipment to the tracks. I turned it down because I was a trackworker at the time and they needed a driver right then for the rest of the season. I wasn't going to just quit my current job on the spot and leave for 6 months. If I had had time to prepare, I think I would have been all over it though. I still wonder what it would have been like.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 AM

Glad your enjoying it scyhe08:

It can become somewhat boring at times as there's some times during the week between shows just sitting in a motel room. I spent the day yesterday polishing all the wheels, tanks, steps, fender flairs on the trailer and door trim. It wasn't my idea of a great day but the ole girl looked good when I was finished. Now I just have to figure out how to get my hands turned back white, maybe the Blue Beacon acid that turned everything else white will work on my hands.

Today is going to be a day of rest and play, I'm going to go riding and probably do some laundry since I won't have much free time starting tomorrow. I have to be down town at 10:00am tomorrow morning to begin setting up then the show officially starts at noon on Thursday and runs through midnight Saturday night. hen I have to pack it all up and hit the road Sunday morning, run back through Kansas to swap out 3 bikes then be in Pocatello, ID on Wednesday to start setting up for the POW-MIA Awareness Rally.

BanditsCousin:
Don't worry about hijacking this thread and as for not disclosing the pay, I understand as I'm contractually obligated to not disclose my pay either. There are a lot of things I'm alowed to talk about but pay and benefits are strickly off limits. I know another driver who ran his mouth about pay at a show and found himself bragging about unemployment a week later.

I will try and get some more hotty model pictures this weekend
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Kansas to here and then Pocatello is the way a real "strapper" would run it. Remember no such thing as not enough time.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Kansas to here and then Pocatello is the way a real "strapper" would run it. Remember no such thing as not enough time.
Yup but I'm a strapper no more HA!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Old habits die hard. Been a long time since i had to fire a strapper over a radio and cell phone. I think that one was your fault.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM

Yeah it was my cell phone you fired her on the I had to listen to her sh-!-t for the next 30 hours. I think you still owe me for that one!! The up side, I learned lots of new names for you
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Default Update 09/22/2009

Okay, I'll start this one off the right way:

It been a while since I updated on here and I got a pm from another user saying some people wanted some pictures of the girls from Sturgis. Sorry but I didn't get any girl pictures because where I was at (Monkey Rock) they had over 100 girls working there but they're only compensation from pictures was tips. (and my wife was there most of the show)

Anyhow since leaving Erie, PA I ran back to the factory in Wichita, traded out a few bike then hauled to Pocatello, ID for the POW-MIA awareness rally. Other than being hot as h*ll it was a good time. They always draw a good crowd. I won the Loud Pipes contest with my Harley and took Best of Show in the bike show with one of our new baggers. I donated the winnings from both, $750, back to the POW-MIA and pissed a few people off because I did it in front of 2500 people and challanged all the othr winners to do the same.

After Pocatello, I rolled out towards Sturgis and took a day off in West Yellowstone and went riding through the park and southern Montana. Had almost 600 miles in one day and saw some amazing scenery.

I rolled into Sturgis and set up at the Monkey Rock which is a new venue there that is being geared more towards the "upper class" of bikers. They have built an amazing place and hired over 100 girls to work the place. The girls were all dressed in t-backs with full body paint every day. They also hade several "dancing" poles set up inside and had girls on them from 10:00am till 2:00am every day. Unfortunatley we were so swamped at the trucks that we never got to participate in any of the fun.

On the second Friday though everything went to s**t, there was a storm that rolled in from the west, dumped a lot of rain and small hail in town but by the time it got out to where we were at 5 miles east of town it had grown and proceeded to pound us with baseball sized hail for 24 minutes along with 80+ mph winds. Fortunately for me we got the bikes under the awning in time and my awning held up pretty well. The truck took a pretty bad beating on the tailgate which now looks like someone took a ballpein hammer to it. The roof looks like the surface of the moon and it took all the clearance lights and mirrors off the tractor. I was one of the luck ones, the rig behind me had the awning shredded and most of his bikes were badly damaged. The cars out behind the building had most of the glass knocked out of them.

Here's some of the pictures I got from Sturgis.

After leaving Sturgis I headed back to Salt Lake City for a dealer open house. It was pretty much a non-event as there wasn't any pre-planning for the truck so I sat around for a week watching the cars drive by (and replacing mirrors and lights).

After Salt Lake City I headed back to the factory, off loaded and reloaded the demo fleet then went up to Omaha to Werner Cycle Works (yes the same Werner as the trucks) and had a great weekend there doing demo rides.

Came back to Kansas, put the semi in the shop for repairs and grabbed one of our Dodge dually pickups and took a bike to Halifax, Nova Scotia for a new dealer there. I don't care what anyone says, a Kenworth T-600 rides 10 times better than a 1-Ton Dodge. I figured out that fall is coming though, I spent the night in Calais, ME and when I got up the next morning it was 40 degrees and I didn't bring any kind of jacket.

Got back from that trip and took 2 weeks of vacation at the lake. Not much exciting, caught a few fish, got a good sunburn, wore out my arms and legs skiing and generally had a good time.

This past weekend I was in Lake Ozark, MO at the Lake of the Ozarks Bike Rally. Pretty slow except for Saturday when we had good traffic. I was set up at the Horny Toad @ Toad Cove which is a fantastic place. We had suites in the Yacht Club which were out of this world. Sunday we tore down then late in the day we got to go for a ride in a 44' offshore Super-Cat that belongs to one of our customers and it had twin 4,000hp turbine engines in it. All I can say is 190mph on the water is a rush.

Now I'm setting in Fayetteville, AR getting ready for Bikes, Blues and BBQ which starts tomorrow afternoon at 3:00. Then on to Montreal, QC - Dallas, TX - Costa Mesa, CA - Pomona, CA - then either Little Rock, AR or Galveston, TX.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Board Member

I recognize one of the women in those pictures. How come she won't dress up(down) and get on the bikes?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM

Nice to see a new post, i was wondering what happened to this thread. This is one of the more interesteing threads we have had to follow on here. Certainly a big change from the way most do trucking on here.