User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

He was heading back to Vegas for work. Got back on at City Center. Told him to go harass you. Bought the bike from a used to be TV show.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Senior Board Member

The picture going down the hill,it used to be a 2 lane road with a T at the bottom. Ford used it for testing trucks,all day long up & down the hill. Go up it in July @130 degrees,an old 220, no A/C.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Default Update Tuesday June 02

Well it has been a hectic schedule since Laughlin & Tulsa.

I was home for a few days after Tulsa and waited around till almost 7:00pm on Friday night for the last of the first 6 new bagger model bikes to be built. We wanted to get as many of them to Myrtle Beach as possible and I wound up with 6 total.

I headed out and made it into North Myrtle at Hooters at 1:00pm on Sunday. Due to the new Anti-Motorcycle-Rally laws in Horay County we were not able to start setting up till midnight Sunday night. We did however take my truck over to the Wal-Mart parking lot and off-load 6 bikes then distributed them out to 3 of the 4 dealers who were also waiting on the midnight bell.

Monday morning and we are all open for business and all was going well. Monday was a relatively slow day but as in years past things get better as the week goes on. Then Tuesday morning rolls around and all hell breaks loose. We get a call from one of the sales guys working for one of our dealers down south of the city at about 9:30am saying the state DMV was there along with half a dozen SC State Troopers writing citations and shutting them down. Soon after that a SC State Trooper and another unmarked car pull into the drive at Hooters and within minutes they had issued a citation to our dealer there and gave them till the end of the day to be gone. They then came over to our truck and asked to see our license. We don't have a license as we don't actually sell bikes from the truck, they have to go through a dealer and our permit from the county said we are "For Display and Advertising Only". So we dodged the bullet on that one but it gets better.

They managed to run every motorcycle dealer out of town, or at least shut them down on Tuesday. Most just packed up and left overnight. Then Wednesday morning the state tax collectors came around checking everyone’s business license. If they had a photocopy and not the original they got shut down. Again they came to us and we didn't have a license because we are display only. Then about 4:30 yet another state official shows up counting parking spaces. I asked what the purpose of that was and was informed that there is a law in SC that states a business that is open to the public cannot occupy more that 30% of it's parking space for special events, 70% must remain open for public parking. Well hell with our two semi's we take up 20 spaces which is 30% not to mention all the other vendors in the lot. I was informed that the zoning people would be back in the morning and some of us would have to leave. Well that Hooters store in particular makes the bulk of its profit during bike week so the corporate lawyer comes in overnight and the next morning gets a Judge to interpret the law. Well the law says space not spaces so it was his judgment that every square foot of paved area is space and the vendors were using less than 30% so we got to stay. We were however informed by the zoning bitch that the law would be changed by October and I told here that it would be pointless because there wouldn't be any rally after this one was over.

To make a long story short, we took 2 show rigs and 45 bikes to Myrtle Beach for no reason, it was a complete waist of time and money. Mayor Rhodes of the City of Myrtle Beach has succeeded in getting rid of the nations largest bike rally. Once he got to work Monday morning and realized his new draconian laws in the city didn't stop the rally (because the bulk of it has always been outside the city limits) he then got lawyers to find obscure state laws and get them enforced.

Moving on, we left Myrtle on Sunday and got back to Kansas on Tuesday. I took two days of vacation and re-loaded again on Friday morning. Headed to the lake (with the truck full of bikes) and spent the weekend on the boat getting sunburned and catching a freezer full of walleye.

I left the lake Monday afternoon, stopped in Salt Lake City to drop off a bike they are giving away then got to Coeur d’ Alene, ID on Wednesday night. We had Thunder Thursday bike night then a dealer open house and block party Friday and Saturday. Sunday a group of us went riding through the mountains on Northern Idaho, Western Montana and southern British Columbia. Monday was spent doing laundry, some little stuff on my truck and trailer and resting.

Here in the next couple of hours I’m hitting 95 and heading to Caldwell, ID for another dealer event at Bad Ass Bikes.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:37 PM

That is just an absurd story there. Sounds like that mayor really has the local economy's best interest at heart. Isn't that amazing, imagine how much time,money and resources it sucked out of the state and local budgets to come out and run off a revenue generating event that doesn really cause any trouble and really helps out the local economy. Iw ill never understand the mentality of our elected officials. Let's spend a whole bunch of money to run money out of our city. Almost laughable. I am sure that Hooters owner and all of the girls working there are not laughing much though, thats a crap ton of money that is being robbed from their pockest by running off that big of a piece of business.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Default Mid July Update

It's been quite a while since updating this thread and don't know if it matters at this point but will go ahead with it anyway.

Upon leaving Couer D'Alene Idaho I took the scenic route down to Caldwell, ID for a dealer open house at Bad Ass Bikes. What a beautiful trip. I did have a little problem with an Idaho DOT officer who got his panties all bunched up because I'm too long to travel that route without a special permit but we argued through it and after coughing up a hat and t-shirt I was on my way again.

Once I got to Caldwell to our dealer I was unloading my personal bike which is (was) a crotch rocket. The owner of the dealership was giving me all kinds of static for riding a jap bike. I told him that I had been looking for a Harley Raod Glide for 4 years and some day I will come across one at the right price and I will give up the 150+ mph wheelies. He walked over to a Road Glide he had sitting there for sale and told me he would sell it to me for what he ad in it. I asked him the price and was shocked. That was Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning I rolled in and he walked up and asked if we were going to do the deal on the Harley so I told him I had to get rid of the Suzuki first. He asked what I had to have out of it so I gave him a number. He asked for the keys, took it for a spin then told me it was sold! Well I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 Harley Davidson FLTR Road Glide

After Caldwell, ID I made my way out to Cherry Hill, NJ to Rockstar for an open house and party. Well it rained all weekend so that was a complete bust.

Left Cherry Hill on Monday morning and rolled back to Kansas to swap out a couple of bikes then headed to Colorado Springs for another dealer open house and demo rides plus the Tejon Street bike fest. I picked up the dealer rep from the factory and we rolled into CO Springs late on Friday. We spent the next 3 hours setting up the awning and getting ready. Saturday was a great day, well over 1000 people in attendance. Saturday evening was spent putting all 23 bikes back in the trailer and tearing the awning down. We finally got back to the hotel about 10:30pm. Back up at 4:00am and headed downtown to set up for the street fest. We were allowed to begin setting up at 5:30am and finally got finished about 8:30am just in time for all the people to start rolling through. The day went really good till around 3:30 when it began to hail and pour rain. Now there were 1000's of people and as soon as the storm hit they went running for cover. I have 1000 sq feet of awning so they were trying to crowd under it at the same time we were trying to get bikes in out of the hail. There was some name calling and I was called an ******* a few dozen times as I was kicking people out to get bikes in. The rain finally passed by about 5:00 but it had already run almost all the people off so we began tearing down early. Made it back to the room by about 9:00pm and crashed. Monday was spent sleeping!

Got back home on Tuesday night then went to the office Wednesday morning to check in and took the rest of the week/weekend off. Spent the 4th of July holiday fishing. Lost track of how many catfish we caught but it was somewhere around 150 (between 10 of us).

Tuesday morning I rolled back into the office, loaded 1 more bike then headed back to Bergen County, NJ for a dealer open house. That was this past Friday and Saturday and went very well, lots of traffic and sold a couple of bikes.

Left there yesterday morning, swung through Cherry Hill, NJ to drop off a bike and made my way to the Homestead Suites here in Erie, PA late last night. I'm going to spend today polishing aluminum. Did I mention that the Blue Beacon in Hubbard, OH burned all the aluminum on my truck and trailer on my way to Bergen County? I told them as I always have at every BB that I wanted absolutely no acid on any of the wheels or tanks. Well I was in the bay that couldn't be seen from the viewing window and when the bay manager came to tell me my truck was ready I walked into the bay and went off the deep end, the wheels, tanks, fender flairs and door trim on the trailer where WHITE. They acted like it was no big deal and thought an appology was all it would take to get me to go away. I guess the non-english speaking guy running the buttons didn't understand my english explination of what I wanted. Anyway, water under the bridge and now I'm going spend the entire day doing it all again!

I'll be setting up Wednesday morning here in Erie for the Raor-On-The-Shore rally then blasting off Sunday morning headed to Pocatello, ID for the POW-MIA Rally next weekend and then to Sturgis to Monkey Rock for 2 weeks then to Salt Lake City, UT
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member

About time you actually do some work. It's only a couple of hundred out of the way to stop by.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:17 PM

Glad to see a new update, keep this thread going, one of the more interesting travel threads I have seen on here.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
About time you actually do some work. It's only a couple of hundred out of the way to stop by.
I would but I have to swing back by the factory and trade out 3 of the demo bikes. My original plan was to stop by for a day but now I'm going to be pressed for time.

I will probably fly up for a day or two when we hit a slow point but at the rate they are scheduling us I wont get a day off till November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 View Post
Glad to see a new update, keep this thread going, one of the more interesting travel threads I have seen on here.
Glad your enjoying it. It's much more interesting than hauling cheese and mushrooms
Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm on a show tour for the next month too. 6200 miles for the next month with revenue that I won't disclose.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin View Post
I'm on a show tour for the next month too. 6200 miles for the next month with revenue that I won't disclose.

Now why wont you disclose it? It's not like there is anyone on here that will question your numbers and say you are a windbag. I say post the numbers and tell whoever to kiss your :moon: lol....By the way, this stuff is interesting,start a thread on your show circuit and tell us about it. I like reading these things.