User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Having trouble finding a truck driving job

I use to drive OTR, have a class A cdl, current DOT card, no points on license, no accidents ever. I have a perfect driving record, my problem is I havent driven tractor/trailor since 2000. I know i can operate the truck, may need to learn the new changes in the industry, and I am willing to learn.My credit score is low so i cant get into a school to get upgraded, I've tried. My work history is could also, but no-one wants to take a chance on someone in my situation. I have drove dump trucks at my place of employment now, which is in the construction field, pulling a loaded trailor of steel pipe. I really miss driving a truck OTR, and so want to return to it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Ricks69205
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks69205 View Post
I use to drive OTR, have a class A cdl, current DOT card, no points on license, no accidents ever. I have a perfect driving record, my problem is I havent driven tractor/trailor since 2000. I know i can operate the truck, may need to learn the new changes in the industry, and I am willing to learn.My credit score is low so i cant get into a school to get upgraded, I've tried. My work history is could also, but no-one wants to take a chance on someone in my situation. I have drove dump trucks at my place of employment now, which is in the construction field, pulling a loaded trailor of steel pipe. I really miss driving a truck OTR, and so want to return to it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Ricks69205
Best bet is to find an O/O or small company. Bigger companies aren't going to even consider it without a refresher course.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks69205 View Post

Ricks69205
Ricks: I believe Barr-Nunn has a refresther program. Oops, can't be more than 3-years ago. Won't Crete or someone hire you through their training?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Board Icon

Just like matcat said, I'd go with a smaller company. It might not be what you want, but it will give you experience.

http://watsonsysco.com/