Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Having trouble finding a truck driving job (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37803-having-trouble-finding-truck-driving-job.html)

ricks69205 05-05-2009 11:40 AM

Having trouble finding a truck driving job

I use to drive OTR, have a class A cdl, current DOT card, no points on license, no accidents ever. I have a perfect driving record, my problem is I havent driven tractor/trailor since 2000. I know i can operate the truck, may need to learn the new changes in the industry, and I am willing to learn.My credit score is low so i cant get into a school to get upgraded, I've tried. My work history is could also, but no-one wants to take a chance on someone in my situation. I have drove dump trucks at my place of employment now, which is in the construction field, pulling a loaded trailor of steel pipe. I really miss driving a truck OTR, and so want to return to it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Ricks69205

matcat 05-05-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks69205 (Post 449017)
I use to drive OTR, have a class A cdl, current DOT card, no points on license, no accidents ever. I have a perfect driving record, my problem is I havent driven tractor/trailor since 2000. I know i can operate the truck, may need to learn the new changes in the industry, and I am willing to learn.My credit score is low so i cant get into a school to get upgraded, I've tried. My work history is could also, but no-one wants to take a chance on someone in my situation. I have drove dump trucks at my place of employment now, which is in the construction field, pulling a loaded trailor of steel pipe. I really miss driving a truck OTR, and so want to return to it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Ricks69205

Best bet is to find an O/O or small company. Bigger companies aren't going to even consider it without a refresher course.

geargrinder 05-05-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks69205 (Post 449017)

Ricks69205

Ricks: I believe Barr-Nunn has a refresther program. Oops, can't be more than 3-years ago. Won't Crete or someone hire you through their training?

Jackrabbit379 05-05-2009 04:46 PM

Just like matcat said, I'd go with a smaller company. It might not be what you want, but it will give you experience.