User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default One of many

I work for an LTL company at the present time. I'm also the lowest senior person at my terminal. Currently working 20-25 hrs. per week. Like many blue-collar workers I am struggling. The current state of the economy is taking its toll on the Company that I work for. Although I'd like to think that the Co. I work for would have to be one of the most secure? I am considering going into a regional position until the economic storm has subsided. If push comes to shove I am most interested in a driving position within the tanker industry. Steering more towards cryogenic, propane, gasoline, or Diesel Fuel. Liquid or Gas. I would like to think that hazardous loads would increase income.? I would like to know if there is anyone that is familiar with companies that provide this type of service? I live in "The Buckeye". Points=0 Accidents=0 Driving now for 43 months. Mostly LTL. Do have Liquid Asphalt experience...two seasons. Semi-dump...18 months. Reefer...2 months. I live within 2 miles of an airproducts terminal. Not hiring. Any info from the experienced would be helpful.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Board Regular

where in the buckeye? highway transport runs out of hebron ohio..ecolab. i did it for about 6 mos, i got really nervous unloading chemicals. but the pay is kick ass to say the least. i was home almost everyday..maybe gone one or two nights a week. really great job if you wanna do the chemical thing, jus was not my cup of tea!!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Rookie

Thanks JD112488. I live about 5 minutes north of Findlay, OH. I also put an on-line app. to Superior-Carriers today. Not sure if these employers offer training. Could you name a few reasons why you personally did'nt like hauling chemicals.? The biggest reason why I would like to pull tanks was simply because there did'nt seem to be an excess of waiting to get the product unloaded. This was liquid asphalt for Shelly plants around Ohio. My first driving position was running reefer. I remember pretty vividly the wait time to get unloaded was to put it nicely was EXCESSIVE. At this time I would'nt even consider running reefer. Thanks again.