User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default MDM/Rocky Mount, NC

Anybody drive for them or know anything? Delivered into them a couple of times and they have a big, cdl drivers wanted sign out. I know its food service but I'm interested in how they run, time off, how they are to deal with, etc.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Anybody drive for them or know anything? Delivered into them a couple of times and they have a big, cdl drivers wanted sign out. I know its food service but I'm interested in how they run, time off, how they are to deal with, etc.

You mean MBM. Only thing I know is that they do two and three day routes. Never heard anything bad about them.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Board Member

lol, yes MBM. Finger slipped on the keyboard.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

i drove for MBM before i bought my truck back in 04....... i drove out of the salisbury NC terminal, i believe(at the time) the deliver to different restaurants than other terminals. We delivered to hardees and some checkers in NC,SC,VA,east TN,WV,and 1 in georgia. If you wanna run and make money and dont care about running legal thats the place to go....we had 1-2 days routes, some routes you were home daily(the more seniority you have the likely you are to get these routes) and some took 2 days. This is how my day started,,i started 11-1130pm.....drive a few hours to my first stop( i had keys to some stores to deliver) and i didnt stop until 5-7pm at night, delivering store after store(typically 9-13 stops depending on how many pieces each store had). would get back to salisbury about 9,,,,and be asked to go RIGHT BACK OUT and do another route, they would offer to send some1 out of the warehouse to help me offload. most routes would pay 450 and up and you were scheduled to do that same route 2-3 times per week. I was home 3-4days a week. And believe i was asked repeatedly to go back out after returning from a route, you make money doing it but there is only so much a person can do. You get a good workout doing the work though!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Rookie
Default Question to Marcel

Marcel how could you work from 11:30 pm to 7 pm? That's in violation of the 11 hour and 14 hour rule. Also the $450 per route, did that mean you were paid $450 for the week or $450 for each route you ran that week?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrat View Post
Marcel how could you work from 11:30 pm to 7 pm? That's in violation of the 11 hour and 14 hour rule. Also the $450 per route, did that mean you were paid $450 for the week or $450 for each route you ran that week?

ummmm easy... u just work they dont care.....not only did i work alot of times those hours but when i got back at 730...i was asked to go do another route the same night...... i meant $450 a route...depending on the route/miles/pieces....... some routes paid over $600 some paid $300...i was never out for more than 1 night. some routes are u unloading and some are you just tailgating(but the senior guys have those routes)
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Thumbs down

this type of work is pure labor. nothing more. i worked for pfg and it was similar work. came in round 1am(i lived an hour away)pretripped, drove 3-4 hours to my first stop. now its 5am(tired as hell). deleiver 100-150 peices off a ramp with a hand truck. stacked high and heavy. run down the ramp into a wet slippery kitchen drop the stuff, run back up dig thru the skids and load another cart. run run run. done with first stop round 545. after one stop u wish ur day was done and u head back to the yard... wrong.you just got thru 2 skids, 14 more to go. drive to the second stop, then 3rd 4th 5th. finally finish up at ur 6th stop sometimes.(keep in mind as lunch time comes these kitchens are now filled with cooks running around making your job that much harder.) exhausted, fatigued and in no shape to drive 4 hours back home we hit the road. typically arriving back around 6pm...(sometimes later) walk in and check to schedule for tommrow. luckly u are scheduled to be back in at 11pm to go on another run starting 400 miles away....(hmmm drive an hour home its now 7 i get to sleep to 10 and drive back)(they had no driver lounge or showers, so i had to go home) **** that!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is team work obviously but its pure labor. i aint no sloutch and i pump weights in the gym daily but this job after a few weeks made me physically drained, ill. senority counts and some guys had over 20 years!!! better men then me... it was a 4 day work week but even with that it was torcher... good bye...... hello flatbed 1 stop a day pretarped local hourly with o/t and a life
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED View Post
this type of work is pure labor. nothing more. i worked for pfg and it was similar work. came in round 1am(i lived an hour away)pretripped, drove 3-4 hours to my first stop. now its 5am(tired as hell). deleiver 100-150 peices off a ramp with a hand truck. stacked high and heavy. run down the ramp into a wet slippery kitchen drop the stuff, run back up dig thru the skids and load another cart. run run run. done with first stop round 545. after one stop u wish ur day was done and u head back to the yard... wrong.you just got thru 2 skids, 14 more to go. drive to the second stop, then 3rd 4th 5th. finally finish up at ur 6th stop sometimes.(keep in mind as lunch time comes these kitchens are now filled with cooks running around making your job that much harder.) exhausted, fatigued and in no shape to drive 4 hours back home we hit the road. typically arriving back around 6pm...(sometimes later) walk in and check to schedule for tommrow. luckly u are scheduled to be back in at 11pm to go on another run starting 400 miles away....(hmmm drive an hour home its now 7 i get to sleep to 10 and drive back)(they had no driver lounge or showers, so i had to go home) **** that!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is team work obviously but its pure labor. i aint no sloutch and i pump weights in the gym daily but this job after a few weeks made me physically drained, ill. senority counts and some guys had over 20 years!!! better men then me... it was a 4 day work week but even with that it was torcher... good bye...... hello flatbed 1 stop a day pretarped local hourly with o/t and a life
As someone who has been doing food service for over six years now, I have to agree. RUNNING TEAMS IN A FOODSERVICE ENVIROMENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made that mistake ONCE of trying it for PJ Food Service(Papa Johns). Never again. I'll stick to my little 28' trailer and 8-12 stops route with 70% being dock stops. Of course I do miss dragging the 48' out to Jersey with five stops and 200 cases. Maybe that run will come back one day.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

All this is interesting guys. thanks. MBM just called me for an interview. I'm not sure I will go but I guess anything is better than what i am doing now. Hard work has never bothered me. Ive cut pulp, worked on a farm and done cement work so I think pulling a hand truck up and down a ramp shouldnt be too bad?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
All this is interesting guys. thanks. MBM just called me for an interview. I'm not sure I will go but I guess anything is better than what i am doing now. Hard work has never bothered me. Ive cut pulp, worked on a farm and done cement work so I think pulling a hand truck up and down a ramp shouldnt be too bad?
From what I have heard(remember,HEARD) and seen, MBM runs singles(only you). Never heard much negitive about them. I know that around here they delivey to Arby's. They run both daycabs and sleepers in this area.

BOL.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE