User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED View Post
this type of work is pure labor. nothing more. i worked for pfg and it was similar work. came in round 1am(i lived an hour away)pretripped, drove 3-4 hours to my first stop. now its 5am(tired as hell). deleiver 100-150 peices off a ramp with a hand truck. stacked high and heavy. run down the ramp into a wet slippery kitchen drop the stuff, run back up dig thru the skids and load another cart. run run run. done with first stop round 545. after one stop u wish ur day was done and u head back to the yard... wrong.you just got thru 2 skids, 14 more to go. drive to the second stop, then 3rd 4th 5th. finally finish up at ur 6th stop sometimes.(keep in mind as lunch time comes these kitchens are now filled with cooks running around making your job that much harder.) exhausted, fatigued and in no shape to drive 4 hours back home we hit the road. typically arriving back around 6pm...(sometimes later) walk in and check to schedule for tommrow. luckly u are scheduled to be back in at 11pm to go on another run starting 400 miles away....(hmmm drive an hour home its now 7 i get to sleep to 10 and drive back)(they had no driver lounge or showers, so i had to go home) **** that!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is team work obviously but its pure labor. i aint no sloutch and i pump weights in the gym daily but this job after a few weeks made me physically drained, ill. senority counts and some guys had over 20 years!!! better men then me... it was a 4 day work week but even with that it was torcher... good bye...... hello flatbed 1 stop a day pretarped local hourly with o/t and a life
Well, it would seem to me that if you took a run that would make you vastly illegal on your log then the onus is on you. I would not have done that no matter what they said. Working all day, getting a couple of hours of sleep then going back out is dangerous to the public. Surely they cant get away with this stuff with the DOT log audits? A call to DOT to let them know what was going on would result in a company log audit and would put a stop to this I should think.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
From what I have heard(remember,HEARD) and seen, MBM runs singles(only you). Never heard much negitive about them. I know that around here they delivey to Arby's. They run both daycabs and sleepers in this area.

BOL.
yeah this is true....depending on what area you are in.......some runs(very few) do team but your home at the end of the day,, u dont stay out for days........ i made good money doing all that hard work though.......
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Which MBM facility are you going to for the interview?

For what it's worth the trucks MBM uses, with the exception of one facility, are pure garbage to drive!!!

Not to mention that "home Time" is minimal at best. Some drivers are turned around as soon as they return to the yard!

Most deliveries are side door, with no ramp. The driver has to hand unload on to a few hand trucks, which are issued to the driver after their training tour is over.
MBM does have large liftgates to pull pallets off the wagon but the pallets have to be broken down before the products are brought into the restaurant and yes the driver has to stack the freight in the freezer.

Last edited by Doctor Who; 04-06-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Rookie

Food sevice suckkssss. I have done my share!!:thumbsdown: