User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Some of you guys sure are judgemental. For the record, I got clocked on flat ground in OH doing 70 in a 62 mph truck. Company wouldn't certify my governed speed for a court case but I should have probably fought it anyways. And the 'following too close' was in IN and after i moved over to let a tanker truck on the interstate, I eased back in behind him just before the heavy traffic would start coming around on the right and then got pulled over. Anything within 300 ft is 'following too close' in IN. Talked to a lawyer and he said that was too subjective of an offense to get out of.

Just an unlucky guy, I guess. But as some of you have misjudged my safe driving habits, so will anyone who looks at my record. Safety departments and insurance companies don't care about the circumstances, only the liability involved. But I have found a few companies that will probably take me on, so watch out everyone! This mega-dangerous ,car-killing, super-trucker with close to a million accident-free miles will soon be back on the road...LOL.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler View Post
Find the topic that says "goin for its advaentures at davis transport" Or something like that, its a long one. He had a similar problem.

But what was said is correct, since most companies are not really hiring, they will only usually limit to the top tier.

Call the mega carriers. Swift,Schneider,JB Hunt, Werner,etc,etc ask them about your record and go from there.
i know with schneider 2 serious and they wont hire you........
Old 01-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Board Regular

The only I will say is that this guy has learned what everyone on this board had better pay attention to and that is CLEAN UP YOUR DRIVING SKILLS for the carriers aren't going to hire you if you get multiple tickets or even one accident. I see it every day; tailgating, and speeding for no reason other than you are idiots who think you are the only ones on the road. Right now is not the time to be looking for a job in any job field and he is learning the hard way.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve38 View Post
Some of you guys sure are judgemental. For the record, I got clocked on flat ground in OH doing 70 in a 62 mph truck. Company wouldn't certify my governed speed for a court case but I should have probably fought it anyways. And the 'following too close' was in IN and after i moved over to let a tanker truck on the interstate, I eased back in behind him just before the heavy traffic would start coming around on the right and then got pulled over. Anything within 300 ft is 'following too close' in IN. Talked to a lawyer and he said that was too subjective of an offense to get out of.

Just an unlucky guy, I guess. But as some of you have misjudged my safe driving habits, so will anyone who looks at my record. Safety departments and insurance companies don't care about the circumstances, only the liability involved. But I have found a few companies that will probably take me on, so watch out everyone! This mega-dangerous ,car-killing, super-trucker with close to a million accident-free miles will soon be back on the road...LOL.
Well, steve, I wish you good luck.

One thing I've realized about this board is that the vast majority of people here, myself included, can be very judgmental. Many have the opinion that if someone makes one mistake, he/she is considered a hazard forever, regardless of anything they may have learned from it. A very narrow minded viewpoint, to say the least...:roll2:

You don't seem to be in that category...seems like simple bad luck. I hope things work out for you...BOL.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Talking

Tell the big perfect carriers you are interested in a lease deal and you want more info. They'll chase you down and give you the keys to the palace. Get them all excited about finding another sucker then tell them to kiss your tail. Plenty of jobs for skilled drivers out there even with accidents and tickets. Ask these recruiters and safety guys who lost their cdl's because of accidents, dui or whatever.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Rookie
Exclamation It's Tough!!

Steve38, as a professional motorcoach operator with over twenty-seven years in the industry, commercial driving has gotten a lot tougher. The CDL has to be held onto like a prayer-box. The law is coming down on us a lot harder than in years past. Things we used to do and get away with are no longer being tolerated. As far as moving violations, one serious violation in a three year period can get you the opportunity to get hired someplace, but two is usually the kiss of death. If professional driving is something that you want to do, you may have to start with some lesser known company that is willing to give you a second chance. You may have to drive a straight truck for a local delivery company for awhile, until some of that stuff on your CDL clears up. If you have the zeal to want to do this business; then do whatever it takes to get back into the captain's seat. You have a lesson learned here; now go and sin no more! Go safely; see you on the big road!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbpard View Post
You should've cared this much before you had 2 serious violations...

One less dangerous fool I have to worry about..

I think Wal-Mart is hiring baggers.
That leaves about 2 1/2 million dangerous fools to worry about.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve38 View Post

Some of you guys sure are judgemental.

Just an unlucky guy, I guess.

But as some of you have misjudged my safe driving habits, so will anyone who looks at my record. ...LOL.
Steve38;

Beside your problematic record, you have just given some very compelling reasons why you shouldn't be driving a big truck.

Substandard drivers never want to be judged, and they tend to attribute their poor records to "bad luck", or someone else's fault. This is an industry where people play for keeps. Given our current economic situation, combined with rather bleak prospects for the future, that is even more true now.

In the end, you own your record, and yes, you will be judged by it regardless of your excuses.

:hellno: :hellno: :hellno: :hellno:

Last edited by Useless; 01-16-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson View Post

That leaves about 2 1/2 million dangerous fools to worry about.

No, CreekJackson!!

I gave up driving back around 2006....... so that leaves only 2,499,999 dangerous fools to worry about!!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, I still have and maintain my CDL, but it's mainly DAC and DriverFacts that are screwing me over.

My actual DMV/H6/MVR is still quite clean, no accidents, speeding tickets, or DUI's to list.

This is the first time in my life where 3rd party company-records have priority over state records.

As for what's on my file, two minor backings, and that rollover that nailed the coffin.

I'm still working on a way to get the lesser two removed.