LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think I'm interested.

Who should I call?

Can I be sure I get a red truck?

My friend Steve Booth (He knows almost everything about trucking) says red trucks are best.

So I don't want to do it unless I get a red one!

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 AM

Sounds like one of those recruiters made it on here! So heres one for ya Mr. Recruiter:moon:

Last edited by thbogle; 01-07-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Board Icon

:roll2::roll:
Old 01-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

There is no "e in potato. Someone else will be along to correct you on the "it''s all about the miles" theory.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 AM
BANNED
Rookie

Well sir I didn't do good in school which is why I became a truckdriver. That aint a bad thing mind you I love drivin truck and seein this wonderful country and makin money. No I aint no recruiter Im just a driver like you are. But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.

15 years I been drivin truck and now I'm makin top money in a new spec-ed out rig with chrome as far as the eye can see. I see all these owner operators drivin junk around and I see these wore out company rigs hobbling down the road and I blow by em all like they was standing still on the way to my next high dollar load. Why drive a bucket of bolts when you can cruise down the highpay highway in style?

Reefer is where you want to be right now on account of people always gotta eat right? And CR England has plenty of reefer loads to run with tall miles to keep you busy. Why they're just bustin at the seams they got so many accounts to pull for hard runnin drivers. And like I said you can train one or two students and run like the wind and learn em the proper way to drive truck. That in itself is its own reward.

Life's too short to be in the granny lane limping along in a stripped down governed truck. We truckers are the last american cowboys so you need a good steel horse to ride. That's why my handle is lone ranger on the CB cause that's me saying "HI HO SILVER AWAY movin right along to my next big payday"

-Roland D. LeBay

Last edited by Roland D. LeBay; 01-07-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Board Regular

Hmmm I thought the idea to successful owner operatorship was to run smarter, not harder. I'm glad you had a 5000+ mile week and would love see you explain your logs to a Weight station. I used to work at Johnson Matthey which is the tan building to the east of you and I cannot count the times we saw your drivers walking down the frontage road with all of their belongings in tow. I will never support your company because of the filth I had to endure dealing with them! If you're a troll, you definably struck a bone with me.

Tell me something else, since your on your second lease, what happened with all that money you paid for the first one? Did you buy the truck? Were you able to buy the truck? Were you allowed the option to buy the truck? You sucker in New drivers who have no Idea about trucking at all and throw false numbers at them and sucker them into your filthy fleece deals. If you're such an success at England, go post your numbers over on the Owner-op board and let those guys sniff through the BS. They're really good at spotting it from a mile away.

*pant pant*
Rant done
Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland D. LeBay View Post
But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.
What about the CRE website? Is that a reliable place to get information about the company?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland D. LeBay View Post
Well sir I didn't do good in school which is why I became a truckdriver. That aint a bad thing mind you I love drivin truck and seein this wonderful country and makin money. No I aint no recruiter Im just a driver like you are. But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.

15 years I been drivin truck and now I'm makin top money in a new spec-ed out rig with chrome as far as the eye can see. I see all these owner operators drivin junk around and I see these wore out company rigs hobbling down the road and I blow by em all like they was standing still on the way to my next high dollar load. Why drive a bucket of bolts when you can cruise down the highpay highway in style?

Reefer is where you want to be right now on account of people always gotta eat right? And CR England has plenty of reefer loads to run with tall miles to keep you busy. Why they're just bustin at the seams they got so many accounts to pull for hard runnin drivers. And like I said you can train one or two students and run like the wind and learn em the proper way to drive truck. That in itself is its own reward.

Life's too short to be in the granny lane limping along in a stripped down governed truck. We truckers are the last american cowboys so you need a good steel horse to ride. That's why my handle is lone ranger on the CB cause that's me saying "HI HO SILVER AWAY movin right along to my next big payday"

-Roland D. LeBay

I call BULL$HlT. post some of your REAL logs and some of your REAL pay sheets. And we MIGHT begin to believe you. Now put up or shut up the ball is in your court!!!!!! If not then go away TROLL !!!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Holy Crapola!!! How did that dude get 2 red squares so quick???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tell the brothers England hello for me.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 AM

How can you train a student right by running 5600 or 4800 miles a week? That would mean you were in the sleeper while the student was driving. Thats training? :hellno:

I called a CRE recruiter, got their facts, ran the numbers I cant figure out how you could possibly be making so much money. Sliding pay scales are junk. They are designed to make companies more money. You are not rewarded for years of driving experience. From the sounds of your training system it's no better than half of them out here. Just teach em how to hold the wheel and get through the gears then we will run you hard as a team. Or do ya'll even get that far before you run team. How can you train from the sleeper?