User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I bet its Rev. Landstar, Lonestar. both have initials LS. That isnt a coincidence. Get your tinfoil hats men the Rev can read our thoughts.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Rookie

thanks im not saying i quit in the most ideal way but sometimes you gotta cut loose while you still can as far as a ls person monitoring this board , if they communicated a little more in house maybe we would not be posting here and would still be there , best of luck to all former ls drivers maybe we can put this experience behind us
Old 01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
I bet its Rev. Landstar, Lonestar. both have initials LS. That isnt a coincidence. Get your tinfoil hats men the Rev can read our thoughts.
ron howard mind control
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Yes, it's me. I'm a secret double agent.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I knew it!!!!! I have always suspected that you were a high speed, low drag, super undercover commando Ninja and now I know for sure.:lol:
Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 AM

Some interesting new information - Lonestar has lost yet another driver, one of the drivers who had been with them over two years just came to work at E.W. Wylie. I thought I recognized him on Monday and yesterday while out front having a smoke we got to talking and then put it together, we were at LS together and sat in Lake Station, IN at the TA after unloading crane sections in Hammond. He finally threw the towel in last week but on a brighter note, the jack_ss load planner who pushed me over the edge got fired and is no longer with the company.

Sadly though I didn't stay long enough to be there to wish him farewell (or tell him to kiss me on the brown eye between the cheeks).

As far as things here at Wylie, they are still a little slow. All of the 3-axle Heavy Haulers with the 35 and 45 ton trailers are gone but I'm still trying to get moving. I have a load that I was supposed to pick up yesterday going to Fort McMurray, AB but they couldn't get the machine started, go figure that one it was -26 yesterday morning. The said they were going to tow it inside overnight so hopefully they will have it running this morning. Anyhow I went back to the yard then at 1:00 yesterday afternoon dispatch called me and they had a 16' wide tractor over in Minnesota about 25 miles from the yard here to go to Aberdeen, SD and another (only 14' wide) in Aberdeen to go back to Minnesota. They figured that would give me something to do while waiting on the other machine. Well I hooked back up to my trailer, stopped by the J and topped off with #1 then headed East. I was about 10 miles from where I had to pick up and the qualcom went off and while I was listening to the message my cell rang and it was dispatch telling me to come back because they couldn't get that tractor started.

It's nice getting a 4-axle but the down side this time of year is the freight is slow so I have to sit a lot more than the smaller trucks but at least I get paid by the hour while sitting and make considerably more per mile when loaded.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
And we are all on double secret probation.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Rookie
Default You Gotta be kidding me!!!!!!1

Xmas day after having dinner with my parents I went down to speedway to get some ciggs. I noticed across the street in the MT parking lot of the Giant Eagle a LS truck was sitting. I noticed inside a guy and girl just hanging out. I went over and asked them if they had dinner. They stated they did not. Well being a driver myself and feeling there pain I asked them if they would like a good Xmas diner. Long story short I took them to my parents they had a great diner and they where ver appreciative. They told me they were promised to be home for xmas. Someone from LS was supposed to call the shipper to let them know the driver was going to be an hour late to PU. The call was never made and the shipper had sent everyone home early xmas eve. All LS had to do was make a call!!! I guess that person was only worried about themselfs and getting home early.
Should this economy pick up and I buy another truck this year LS is off my list.
They used to be a great company untill the went public!!

Anyway sorry to hear you all missed xmas with your family!!!

Gator