User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No offense bulkdriverlp but there's no f'ing way I would do a lease-purchase with any carrier and most especially England. I have been driving for 19 years and am not about to go backwards and work for England or worse, put my family in the poor house and lease a truck. If I want my own truck I will driver down to the dealership and buy it outright then I can take it wherever I want and not pay inflated fees to a carrier. I have not found a single lease purchase program that is geared towards the success of the driver, they are tilted in favor of the carrier and as such the carrier is the one making money. I'm sure there are some good ones out there but they are not advertising in the truckstop mags or on careerbuilder every day with a new add. England advertises here where I live and they run a new add every single day.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM

lmao @ going from specialized flatbed to CR England.

that is all.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterbeauford View Post
lmao @ going from specialized flatbed to CR England.
I tried to make my reply as -kind- as possible.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Rookie
Default ls joke

hey i could also validate anyone elses account of lonestar i my self worked for them 3 months, i was home for 2 days for 10-2 to 10-4 of 08 left out told my dm i wanted to be home for thanksgiving which did not happened as my dm told me i can either be home for Christmas or thanksgiving but not both when i talked to the man above him joe b*rd was told the same thing then Christmas rolled around on Monday 12-22-08 i unloaded an 0/d load in Savannah,GA i live in Macon,GA about 3hrs away figured i was going home but i unloaded waited and waited to 1pm called in , my dm told me to wait for his call before i headed home at 330 he called me to tell me to go to south carolina to pick up a load Tuesday the 23rd going to nogalez,ar for friday when i told him i needed to go home his response was that's all they had i had to take it and from columbia,sc it was too many mile out of route to go home and the load could not be repowered and had to deliver Friday 12-26-08 at 8am that i didnt have a choice when i talked to his boss again he told me i had to take the load and deliver so i went and loaded the load and took the truck and load to the gainesville,ga yard cleaned out my truck and got my wife to come get me , friday joe called me asking me why i was in macon i told him my id ,fuel card , and all there stuff is with the manager in gainesville he got mad called me irresponsible and told me if i didnt go get the truck they would put abandonment on my dac (the can cause its not the same terminal i got the trick from i think ) but told hime no i home for the holidays told him i never missed a christmas and was not going to start now he hung up on me and never heard from them since the next week i went back to pulling bulk tanks for my old company , if you have a family dont expect to see them as ls unless there in the truck with you get use to it maybe this will help someone make a decision on this company
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 AM
BANNED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwes View Post
hey i could also validate anyone elses account of lonestar i my self worked for them 3 months, i was home for 2 days for 10-2 to 10-4 of 08 left out told my dm i wanted to be home for thanksgiving which did not happened as my dm told me i can either be home for Christmas or thanksgiving but not both when i talked to the man above him joe b*rd was told the same thing then Christmas rolled around on Monday 12-22-08 i unloaded an 0/d load in Savannah,GA i live in Macon,GA about 3hrs away figured i was going home but i unloaded waited and waited to 1pm called in , my dm told me to wait for his call before i headed home at 330 he called me to tell me to go to south carolina to pick up a load Tuesday the 23rd going to nogalez,ar for friday when i told him i needed to go home his response was that's all they had i had to take it and from columbia,sc it was too many mile out of route to go home and the load could not be repowered and had to deliver Friday 12-26-08 at 8am that i didnt have a choice when i talked to his boss again he told me i had to take the load and deliver so i went and loaded the load and took the truck and load to the gainesville,ga yard cleaned out my truck and got my wife to come get me , friday joe called me asking me why i was in macon i told him my id ,fuel card , and all there stuff is with the manager in gainesville he got mad called me irresponsible and told me if i didnt go get the truck they would put abandonment on my dac (the can cause its not the same terminal i got the trick from i think ) but told hime no i home for the holidays told him i never missed a christmas and was not going to start now he hung up on me and never heard from them since the next week i went back to pulling bulk tanks for my old company , if you have a family dont expect to see them as ls unless there in the truck with you get use to it maybe this will help someone make a decision on this company
Finally...someone with balls! :thumbsup: If there were more drivers like you out there, this industry would be in much better shape. Too many guys take the BS these companies throw at them and say "that's truckin'".
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwes View Post
The way things are going at LS there's going be a lot more trucks left sitting all around the country. Real soon LS is going to need an entire group of people just to go and retrieve trucks.

They may have a waiting list of drivers right now but really soon they are going to have trucks lined up waiting for drivers. Out of 20 drivers I spoke to the last 30 days working for LS 18 of them were looking for another job.

Nuff beating a dead horse, I'm sitting in Denver on my 3 hour layover headed to my new job. Will let everyone know who when I'm officially working as there is at least 1 person at LS who obviously has nothing better to do and is trying to keep me from getting hired. The sad part about that, I talked to my new employer before leaving Lonestar and told them what was going on and what I was planning on doing and they said that they were hiring me based on my previous experience not my mistake. (Mistake being going to LS)
Old 01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
The way things are going at LS there's going be a lot more trucks left sitting all around the country. Real soon LS is going to need an entire group of people just to go and retrieve trucks.

They may have a waiting list of drivers right now but really soon they are going to have trucks lined up waiting for drivers. Out of 20 drivers I spoke to the last 30 days working for LS 18 of them were looking for another job.

Nuff beating a dead horse, I'm sitting in Denver on my 3 hour layover headed to my new job. Will let everyone know who when I'm officially working as there is at least 1 person at LS who obviously has nothing better to do and is trying to keep me from getting hired. The sad part about that, I talked to my new employer before leaving Lonestar and told them what was going on and what I was planning on doing and they said that they were hiring me based on my previous experience not my mistake. (Mistake being going to LS)
Good luck my friend....as I said before I am sure you'll be just fine. Out of curiosity, I would like to know what P.O.S. LS person monitors this site.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Senior Board Member

DD, I think he means that someone at LS is badmouthing him when his new prospective employer called to check his work record.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
DD, I think he means that someone at LS is badmouthing him when his new prospective employer called to check his work record.
Oh....O.K.
I thought he meant a LS staff person was a member of the board and would do what ever he/she could to screw him over with his new employer if he announced it on here
Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM

devildice got it right, there is a person at LS who watch's this site, I can't say for sure who it is but they watch everything posted here and report to people higher up the food chain. I know this because of a couple of tidbit's I posted here that I was asked about the next day.

Not to worry thugh, my new employer has an eve dimmer view of LST than DD and I do so it's not going to have any effect on my new position from the standpoint of the people doing the hiring. However, with that being said there are a couple of accounts that my new employer and LS work on hand in hand and I don't need some smartass from LST saying something out of turn to the account manager here about my history with LST. I would rather meet these people in person the next two days and allow them to come up with thier own opinion of me not have a slanted outlook when they meet me. I doub this would ever happen but just to be on the safe side.......... LST is a really large outfit and the people pissed off at me have nothing to do with answering employment history qustionaires or dealing with my new employer on those accounts but just to cover the bases I'll keep it a mystery for a few days or even a couple of weeks.

On another note, while waiting for my bags to come off the airplane my old Motorcycle Manufacturer employer called me to discuss the posibility of coming back to the show circuit in February. I told them I was going to work for a new employer tomorrow morning and if they really wanted me back they would have to take me back right now, pay my new employer for the cost of the airline ticket and 1 night at the motel as well as a ticket back to Kansas and a raise of 10% over what I was making. They said they would have a meeting first thing tomorrow morning. I told them that the more hours that pass the less likely I will be to go back. I guess when I talked to them on Friday they didn't think I was serious about flying out today. They called my wife this morning an hour after my flight departed and I didn't turn my phone back on till I was at my final destination. She said they were surprised that I flew out but I told them my flight was leaving at 07:00am this morning.

We'll have to see what happens but if I get as far as signing on the dotted line and becoming an actual employee here then that's where it'll stay. I'm not going to go to the trouble of flying in, going through orientation and getting comfortable with a dispatcher only to leave, unless this turns out to be another LST operation. I have spoke to two drivers at Dysarts in Bangor, ME as well as another at the Petro in West Memphis and another at Newell's in Newton where I live and they all said the same things about the new company, not perfect but the good outweighs the bad and all four said they were home for Christmas and Thanksgiving and that they get home every couple of weeks unless they choose to bank time off and keep working. I asked about who is keeping track of eto (earned time off) and three of the four told me that the dispatcher asks and the driver tells them how much they have and that's the end of the conversation.