Cool...is it working out ok for you ?

Give some details when you get the time
Old 12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's a slow time of year. For the year, I averaged just below $2.00 per mile for all miles driven. The caveat is that I didn't run that many miles by choice - I'm picky about the loads I take.

The company is extremely anal about safety, and expects you to follow all procedures to the letter, at the risk of termination of contract.

Some of the agents are really good. Many aren't worth a squirt if pizz. Getting in good with an agent is difficult, but necessary for success here.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 PM
BANNED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
#2; Did you ever think to tell your "Broker Buddy" that HE is part of the problem? Yeah...He bragged to you (maybe) that HE gets some dumb "truckers" to haul his loads. BUT did YOU look him in the eye and tell him that it is thieves like him, that have turned trucking into the low pay profession it is becoming?

No...I seriously doubt that you did.
No I didn't. Why should I? Nobody puts a gun to these guy's head to pull cheap freight. If nobody ran cheap then the brokers would have to up the rate to move the freight.

Quote:
Now...I'm of the opinion that Mike Hunt is CFM in a new unimproved manifestation, here to bash the men and women whom drive trucks OTR for a living...unable and unwilling to present a reasonable solution to the problems that plague this industry...........or contribute insightful information to help a fellow driver.
Who's this CFM guy I don't know anyone named that? :lol2:

Quote:
There are far more trucking companies out there that pay in excess of 30 cents per mile, for all the miles that the truck travels, than there are carriers which pay 25 cents per-mile for short miles.
Dude, .30 cpm is nothing. We shouldn't even be talking .30 cpm. We should be talking starting at like .42 cpm and topping out over .60 cpm.

Quote:
LTL is not the end all and be all of truck driving. Pulling wiggle wagons is not for everyone. Local driving is not the end all and be all of truck driving. Some people prefer to travel the long distances...see the country.
I never said LTL was the best, there's alot of other jobs outside the coolie carriers that pay just as good or better than LTL. I'm just saying to stay away from the coolie carriers.

Quote:
Where was this Pilot you saw "overflowing" with idling sleeper trucks??
In New England off I-95.

Quote:
The Pilot here had maybe 10 trucks sitting in it. Most of them are driven by drivers whom live in this area and park there because they can. The Flying J had about the same number of trucks at noon..but did have half a lot full, at 18:30 when I went to Beaumont to see a movie.
See...another driver I've talked to who spent Xmas in the truckstop. I'm not bashing your decision to do that, maybe that's what you want to do. But I'm just warning folks that have families and friends that they may be spending the holidays in the back row. So what's so good about that?

OH BTW, Merry Xmas! :lol:
Old 12-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
No I didn't. Why should I? Nobody puts a gun to these guy's head to pull cheap freight. If nobody ran cheap then the brokers would have to up the rate to move the freight.

Who's this CFM guy I don't know anyone named that? :lol2:

Dude, .30 cpm is nothing. We shouldn't even be talking .30 cpm. We should be talking starting at like .42 cpm and topping out over .60 cpm.

I never said LTL was the best, there's alot of other jobs outside the coolie carriers that pay just as good or better than LTL. I'm just saying to stay away from the coolie carriers.

In New England off I-95.

See...another driver I've talked to who spent Xmas in the truckstop. I'm not bashing your decision to do that, maybe that's what you want to do. But I'm just warning folks that have families and friends that they may be spending the holidays in the back row. So what's so good about that?

OH BTW, Merry Xmas! :lol:

Because I drive truck for a living, you should not ASSume that I am sitting at a truckstop.
The Orange TX Pilot is 3 miles away. The Flying J is 3.2 miles away. The Pilot in Sulphur LA is 38 miles away, and the Petro in Beaumont is 32 miles away.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You gave yourself away there CFM. I-95 in New England. Only guy who comes on here to berate truck drivers. HE IS CFM...And I am just more than willing to bet that you are HE.

You wanna Berate the "Coolie Carriers"..name them...berate them. But for gawds sake man...grow a set and berate THEM...and leave the drivers the hell alone.

Name the "awesome" LTL carrier you work for...you never do that.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Name the "awesome" LTL carrier you work for...you never do that.
He never will.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 12-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member

I forgot to mention...I'm sitting at home today because I figure that the crowds will be thinner on Monday. I shoulda been out shopping for gifts for My sisters birthday, a great nephew's birthday, and the birthday of a niece...that I forgot back in Septemeber.

The movie theater I went to thursday night is 37.8 miles from the house....just down the street from Petro. Valkrie was ok...but I coulda waited for the dvd.

I have my final settlement for the year...it has all my (short)miles, revenue and fsc on it. Dismal I tell you....dismal.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The movie theater I went to thursday night is 37.8 miles from the house....just down the street from Petro. Valkrie was ok...but I coulda waited for the dvd.
I took the G/F to see Marley and Me,it was ok not great. Do Not do see this movie if you have recently had to put a family dog to sleep......

My movie theater is 3.2 miles away,sorry.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I have my final settlement for the year...it has all my (short)miles, revenue and fsc on it. Dismal I tell you....dismal.
yeah got mine too,so dismal it had a 1 and a 9 and a 0 in it.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
It's a slow time of year. For the year, I averaged just below $2.00 per mile for all miles driven. The caveat is that I didn't run that many miles by choice - I'm picky about the loads I take.

The company is extremely anal about safety, and expects you to follow all procedures to the letter, at the risk of termination of contract.

Some of the agents are really good. Many aren't worth a squirt if pizz. Getting in good with an agent is difficult, but necessary for success here.
Thanks for the info....

kinda sounds like where I work...they let people go for the smallest of things.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
yeah got mine too,so dismal it had a 1 and a 9 and a 0 in it.

LOL.....Mine doesn't have a 0 in it...but it does have a 1, a 9, and a 5. You just have yours in a higher numerical order than I do I'm betting.

Went to the theater in Beaumont by choice...larger movie selection. The one down the street only has two.....and they weren't anything I was really interested in seeing. Went with friends and their kids.