User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Kenan transport

wondering if any works for them or knows somebody that does. any info would be appreciated
Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Are you possibly referring to Kenan Advantage Group? Is it fuel tankers that you are referring to outlaw?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Rookie

yeah kenan advantage group thats it. yes the fuel tanker end of it.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Well outlaw. Around Indy, KAG sold out to Klemm Tank Lines out of Green Bay, WI.

They (KAG) still have a tanker repair facility in Clermont, IN, (Indy suburb) but to my knowledge, KAG sold out the delivery/driver portion of the business here.

I'm not sure about the rest of the country? Maybe there are others on the board that are familiar with KAG operations in their area?

I work alongside the Klemm drivers on a daily basis and can find out anything that you may need regarding Klemm? I'm just not sure that is what you are looking for.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
I'm just not sure that is what you are looking for.
Well, since he is asking about Kenan Transport, I'd say he's looking for info about Kenan Transport ...duh...

You did get the name right, though...down here in NC they are now called Kenan Advantage Group, at least as of this afternoon when two of them were refueling a couple of the local Cstores here.

They're HQ I believe is in Chapel Hill, NC...what state are you in outlaw?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well outlaw. Around Indy, KAG sold out to Klemm Tank Lines out of Green Bay, WI.

They (KAG) still have a tanker repair facility in Clermont, IN, (Indy suburb) but to my knowledge, KAG sold out the delivery/driver portion of the business here.

I'm not sure about the rest of the country? Maybe there are others on the board that are familiar with KAG operations in their area?

I work alongside the Klemm drivers on a daily basis and can find out anything that you may need regarding Klemm? I'm just not sure that is what you are looking for.
Actually, it is the other way around Bel....Kenan bought Klemm the same year they bought Advantage. Their just now getting it figured out that running half a dozen names is confusing for their customers.

They have Benito (California tank company)and Petro-Chemical Tanklines (Lady Bird Johnson's tank company) running under KAG West now.
God only, knows what Kenan plans for Transport Service company, which they just bought this past spring...and was twice the size of the entire Kenana Advantage group when they did it.

Almost looks like they must have someone from Matlack in their office planning takeovers...trying to be the size Matlack was.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWD
Well, since he is asking about Kenan Transport, I'd say he's looking for info about Kenan Transport ...duh...
Ok Ok. HWD. My bad. :lol: :wink: Well outlaw. In case you are interested in Kenan Advantage Group, I did a little asking around tonight.

What Orangetxguy posted is correct and I am wrong. Klemm is a subsidiary of Kenan Advantage Group.

Their pay in Indy works as follows: $20.00 per hour minimum guaranteed. They have some sort of system based on loads/mileage, if you exceed those numbers, your pay goes up. The driver that I spoke with has been with them for 10 years. He told me that he usually stays at the $20.00 mark by choice. The "runners" can make more.

He works 55-60 hours weekly. Consistently.

My personal observation (for what it is worth). I have been running for around 2.5 years on nights in Indy. There has been little turnover with the KAG/Klemm drivers. The night crew is mostly the same guys that were there when I started. Their equipment seems to be well maintained.
I never hear much complaining from their drivers. They all seem to be happy campers for the most part. Well, as happy as drivers can be. :wink:

If you have any specific questions that you would like for me to ask them, go for it. Happy to help.

Quote:
I'm just not sure that is what you are looking for.
Benefits, etc. That's what I meant by the unintended cryptic quote above. :wink:
Old 08-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Almost looks like they must have someone from Matlack in their office planning takeovers...trying to be the size Matlack was.
I always wondered about Matlack Stan. As a young'n in Belpre/Parkersburg, Matlack delivered to the local station on the corner that I worked at. I still remember the air starters on the tractors that would 'woop' when they started them up.

Are they still around? How big were they?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
I always wondered about Matlack Stan. As a young'n in Belpre/Parkersburg, Matlack delivered to the local station on the corner that I worked at. I still remember the air starters on the tractors that would 'woop' when they started them up.

Are they still around? How big were they?
The only thing that is left of Matlack(The Pipeline on Wheels), is a trailer leasing company....and I had thought for a couple years, that those were owned by Dana. Turns out I was thinking wrong.

Matlack itself went bankrupt, and a lot of the facilities they had, are part of Dana now. Some of Dana's yard trucks are old Matlack daycabs. Most of Dana's tank wash facilities, outside of the NJ area, were Matlack facilities.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Rookie

thanks for the info guys. but unfortunately do to circumstances out of my control im gonna have to stay were im at for the time being.