User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Fishmonger made some excellent points, which I have to echo. The point is to get a job driving a truck, right? If you have a job driving a truck, and you keep that job for a year, then your schooling will probably be free and you will be earning a paycheck within a week or two of graduating into the truck.

Worst case scenario, you decide you hate driving a truck for a living and quit to go flip burgers or greet Wally World customers. Okay, no matter where you went to driving school, you're still going to be on the hook for your training, whether it was a private school, a company school, or a community college. But if you DO manage to stick with it through the contract indenture (during which time you are earning a paycheck), company school is free.

My personal 12 month indenture is up in another 4 months, plus a few days. I can do that standing on my head.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:59 AM

Momma Kay, where do you primarily work and who are you haullng for?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Rookie

I trained and drove for Millis about 2.5 yrs ago. Only reason I left is the local company i drive for. Millis always got me miles made it home every other Friday before 5 and left out Monday around 7 or 8 am. Check but you may be far enought south in Oh to get on the streeter dedicated I live up be the lake (was to far north). Lot a beer and paper loads. mostly east of the mississippi river. School in Trenton is certified by the State of Ohio. If I went back OTR I would go back to Millis.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM

What is the streeter dedicated run? What kind of miles would I be able to get and what kind of hometime do they offer on that freight lane?

Thanks