User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Colin wrote:

Sorry Colin for the edit while you were in the middle of posting a reply, I went back to clarify that very point.

Quote:
I'm not sure that is correct unless they've changed their policy a great deal.

You were previously allowed 30% idle time without penalty. Reefer drivers could ask for extra idle time anytime, but dry van could only ask after reaching the 30% threshold.

Is this no longer the case?
I do believe that has changed, but I could very well be wrong.

I don't want to be make it sound like I have any solid info on this subject, I'm only stating my understand of what I read on another thread. That is why I included the link in my reply so anyone that is interested can check it out for themselves.

[email protected]
Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 AM

evertruckerr, your "CRETE - A Year in Review" thread was what got me interested in Crete in the first place. In fact, I made my decision on which school to attend based on what schools Crete accepted. So your thread influenced me there, too.

Since graduating I've been looking at reasons not to go to Crete. But the fact that they pay better than any other entry-level carrier, and seeing you posting every week that you're getting freight to haul... well it brings me back every time.

I value integrity highly, and mine tells me I owe you a referral on my application to Crete. If you PM me with your information I'll pass it on and have it added to my application. I don't think I can respond with a PM of my own since I don't have the posts yet.

Thanks for that valuable thread. It has helped me a lot.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Board Regular

Flydragon wrote:

Quote:
value integrity highly, and mine tells me I owe you a referral on my application to Crete. If you PM me with your information I'll pass it on and have it added to my application. I don't think I can respond with a PM of my own since I don't have the posts yet.
I do thank you for the thought, but it's too late. A referral must be mentioned on initial contact. After that it will not be honored.

But if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'm happy to offer whatever help I can.

Good luck and drive safe.

[email protected]
Old 04-18-2008, 04:34 AM

You will have a hard time getting home to Vegas with Crete. Used to be, Crete drivers living in Vegas had to park the truck at the Salt Lake terminal and drive their car home.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Just wondering why didnt you end up driving for them?
Well I was picked up by a driver and I swear I'm not making this up. I had my wife and 13 yr old daughter with me and everyother word was a swear word. I'm not a religous person so to speak and I do curse from time to time but not in front of kids and strangers. He told me he was a recovering meth addict and he could not read. I was not to be with a trainer only a few days to get to Or to get a truck. Turns out 3 weeks with this clown. Anyway after the first night I had sever back pains and I thought it was the lack of a matteress on the top bunk, maybe 1/2 inch thick. I weigh 275 lbs so I figured thats why my back hurt. The third day it was worse and this guy was as well. We were going back by my house from Fl on the way to Pa. so I told May I couldn't take him or the pain of sleeping on that bed and bailed. Turns out my back hurt on and off like that until Tuesday this week when I had a kidney stone the size of a .25$ gum ball surgically removed. He did show me his check stubs and he averaged 3000 miles or very close to it a week. The trucks are nice Pete's and the do have a tough idle policy. They do deduct from your check anything over 30 if you don't have prior permission but he said it was not hard to get permission just agrivating, now fuel is 4 a gal it may be hard as well.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrelburner
You will have a hard time getting home to Vegas with Crete. Used to be, Crete drivers living in Vegas had to park the truck at the Salt Lake terminal and drive their car home.
Apparently, with the population growth of the greater Las Vegas area (approaching 2 million), that problem no longer exists. I was told I could bring my truck home. Crete has a terminal in Phoenix and that's where I'll be based.

Home time is another thing altogether. It is probably the one thing that gives me pause when I consider Crete.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Getting a truck home to Vegas will be longer then getting you back to Phoenix or Salt Lake.

Please check with the Driver Development Fleet on Monday to make sure about getting to take your truck home.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle
Getting a truck home to Vegas will be longer then getting you back to Phoenix or Salt Lake.

Please check with the Driver Development Fleet on Monday to make sure about getting to take your truck home.
If I'm reading you correctly, even if I do get to take the truck home it still means longer times out. I will contact Driver Development Monday.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 AM

Checked with Crete today and, yes I will be allowed to take the truck home as long as there is a safe place to park it (there is). There are no driver positions available for the Western region so I'll be driving for the national fleet.

According to Crete, that means on average I'll be 3-4 weeks out. The good news is that I may end up running to Southern California once and a while and that will put me through Las Vegas. If I have the time I can stop at home.

8 weeks training @ $500/wk. (4 weeks out, 1 week home, then another 4 weeks out.) Then dad gives me the keys to my own truck and I run for a year at 34 cpm before getting bumped up to 41 for the second year.

I must be nuts. But I'm going to do it anyway.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member