User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PI&I

Hello, anyone with any information on PI&I out of Masury OH? They are a flatbed company, with a percentage based pay, with pretty decent home time. Did a search and couldnt find anything on them, and their website is pretty dry. Anyone with any info would be a big help.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Board Regular

They are a union, OTR carrier. I believe they have no cost benefits but you won't make much.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 AM
Default PI&I

A company to avoid, in my opinion. An entire industry segment to avoid. Steel hauling stinks. I did it for a year, and I was cured of any desire to do it again. Dirty dangerous work for lousy pay. My friend works for this PI&I company. He is all but starving. With the auto industry making a lot less cars there is less demand for steel hauling. More trucks chasing fewer loads. Not a recipe for making money.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Future PI&I driver(PI&I bought Team Transport of Warrendale,PA couple years ago) :twisted:

Hope you like steel mills, PI&I likes them alot.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 04-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Rookie
Default PI&I

First let me tell you ther are good and bad with all companies. PI&I is a good company to start out with to get some exp. if you don't have any which is what I did. I stayed with them for 6 months and worked out of the Birmingham, al terminal. I had nice equip and could take it home with me but the one complaint I had was the pay. I could not make enough money to pay the bills and trust me. I am no slouch and not afraid of work or the miles. 2 yrs ago I avged 500.oo per week pay. now you see why I lasted 6 months. Just long enough to get exp and move on. I have a friend who works there and and has been there for 8 yrs i think and makes good money. They seem to have favorites. They are not completely union. and they do favor steel mills so if u wont mind that is ur decision. u can ask 15 drivers and get 15 opinions. but like I said if no exp then might try them to get some but if u have exp then keep looking at others because there are good ones out there. I work for RK Campf transport and have not regretted it a bit. Have been there for over 2 yrs now and no plans of leaving. Last 2 yrs pay have been in the high 40's/yr and have excellent equip to drive and excellent people to work with and for. I am on my second assigned new truck in 2 yrs and get plenty of loads. feel free to ask more if ya like. just another opinion
Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Stay far far away from that piece of sh*t company. Was hired on to ework for them about three years ago. Was going to work out the Middletown, Oh. terminal. What a dump. Terminal building was in horrible shape. The floor didn't have a level spot in the whole building. What an embarrassment. Trucks were junk flat top freightliners. The ONLY decent thing about the company is that your health insurance is paid for by them. The fact that they are union doesn't mean sh*t.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?