User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well as of today Schneider is turning thier trucks down to 63 when the trucks come in for a pm. So it looks like i got 2 more months of 66 before i get castrated
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh
If you really want to work there, you might mention to someone that you were curious why the males and females were treated somewhat differently. That if you had been treated with kid gloves and allowed to lower your heart rate like the male, maybe you'd still be there.

Play upon their paranoiac fears of you raising the issue of sexual discrimination, and you might get another shot.
I e-mailed the top training supervisor at Schneider twice telling him my experience and have never rec'd an answer back....they don't care.....I will move on.....either CRST or Covenant........
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh
If you really want to work there, you might mention to someone that you were curious why the males and females were treated somewhat differently. That if you had been treated with kid gloves and allowed to lower your heart rate like the male, maybe you'd still be there.

Play upon their paranoiac fears of you raising the issue of sexual discrimination, and you might get another shot.
I e-mailed the top training supervisor at Schneider twice telling him my experience and have never rec'd an answer back....they don't care.....I will move on.....either CRST or Covenant........
COVENANT?? Can't you go somewhere else? I mean read on this site about all the bad stuff being said about that company. I never hear anything good about them.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTulip
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

COVENANT?? Can't you go somewhere else? I mean read on this site about all the bad stuff being said about that company. I never hear anything good about them.
Thanks, I went to search and put in Covenant but I don't see anything about the company, what should I be seaching for? what about CRST, what do you think?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

Thanks, I went to search and put in Covenant but I don't see anything about the company, what should I be seaching for? what about CRST, what do you think?
Well what exactly are you looking for? If it were me I'd type in some company names and read up, ask some drivers...

Here are some links to threads on Covenant on this forum:
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...light=covenant

Just to start.... If you look at the top of your page, you can do a search for companies, look in forum: what about this trucking company?

Anyhow, if it's training you're looking for there are plenty of big companies you can start with, just keep in mind it is to get started nad it'll be far from perfect! Personally I did my CDL with Prime and if you go as a company driver they're OK. They also pay you $600 week while training. There are people here who will say Prime stinks (which on the lease side they do), Swift, JB Hunt, US Xpress (is who we drive for now).
I'd personally stay away from JB and Swift also; that's from hear-say I do not have any personal experience with them.

I want to be positive but I also want to be honest. To get you going you could start reading up on the forum, but I would not make a rash decision because you will surely regret it. It'll pay off to do your research before going out your front door.
If you have any questions let me know - in the meantime I wish you best of luck!!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

I think SWIFT has turned there's up!:? Had a couple of them pass me on the way back from the valley this morning, and I was running 70. WTH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
Well as of today Schneider is turning thier trucks down to 63 when the trucks come in for a pm. So it looks like i got 2 more months of 66 before i get castrated
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

Well what exactly are you looking for? If it were me I'd type in some company names and read up, ask some drivers...

Just to start.... If you look at the top of your page, you can do a search for companies, look in forum: what about this trucking company?

Anyhow, if it's training you're looking for there are plenty of big companies you can start with, just keep in mind it is to get started nad it'll be far from perfect! Personally I did my CDL with Prime and if you go as a company driver they're OK. They also pay you $600 week while training. There are people here who will say Prime stinks (which on the lease side they do), Swift, JB Hunt, US Xpress (is who we drive for now).
I'd personally stay away from JB and Swift also; that's from hear-say I do not have any personal experience with them.

I want to be positive but I also want to be honest. To get you going you could start reading up on the forum, but I would not make a rash decision because you will surely regret it. It'll pay off to do your research before going out your front door.
If you have any questions let me know - in the meantime I wish you best of luck!!
Thank you, I agree with you....I will keep seaching and asking questions. I spoke with covenant and they don't offer any training, so I got lucky there...appreciate your info.....Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

Thanks, I appreciate your information and comments. It looks like our best choice out of all our choices is CRST because, it is here in Fontana, Ca. & we live only 1 1/2 away,they won't take any money out of our pay for training & training is the cheapest (thank God since they don't pay well when your starting out), as long as we stay with them for 8 months, they want husband & wife teams & it only has an agility test with no lifting weights requirement!!!!!!They have bridge insurance for medical at affordable rates and we have to start somewhere. So that is where we will begin our trucking experience starting the middle of May. Thank for good advise, good luck and safe driving.......
Old 04-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Rookie

In the end when it comes to OTR companies,its what works for you.And who is willing to hire you.
I'd think twice about Covenant.
I had a freind who worked for them and sat alot+he was running teams w/his wife.
Also keep in mind that if Covenant doesnt want to hire you for any reason,they are also affiliated w/ Us Express and southern refridgerated trans,who knows who else they bought out etc..these days.
So if you applied for the other 2 mentioned (USX or SRT) they may easy reject your app aswell.
Good luck just keep doing your reasearch +talk to and actual drivers at shippers and truckstops when you are when ever you get with any company, some drivers will tell you their exp w/ their company if they are honest enough.Good luck.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Rookie
Default just left schneider

hubby just left schneider, bennefilts not that great anyways and no freight and their trip planners are all college kids that have no concept of anything. their are a few women tp's trying to proove a point and make drivers lives miserable. they lock you in to a 1 year contract if they train you and they make that year miserable lucky if you get 2000 miles a week. he just switched to heartland not sure that is going to be any better, but if schneider is getting strict on the health issues they need to get rid of all the crack heads that they have working as stl's and tp's :evil: