LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio joe
RIGHT ON ZIPPY!! 1 DAY THEY WILL BE BEGGING 4 DRIVERS IF THEY KEEP UP THERE CRAP!!! :shock:
no company will ever beg for drivers, not as long as everyone is willing to drive for anyone and haul cheap freight for low wages. the likes of USX, shneider, swift and all the other BIG outfits, will always have an edless supply of noobies rolling through their doors. look at the so called truck protest in areas around our county on april fools day, what a joke, fitting for the day and date, but nothing will ever come of it. a few tickets were issued, and some folks were made aware. but truckers will always be taken for granted and the bigger picture will never surface to the population of public. Just as truckers cant ever come together on a common cause other than hauling freight from point A-B, then neither will the companies themselves.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Schneider has lost their mind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folsom Flash
My Brother-In-Law just got tossed from the Schneider training program down in Fontana. Because his heart rate was two beats too high. This is a guy who is in very good shape and can kick my butt all over the place and actually has done "IronMan" triathlons in the past.

I realize that insurance companies and liability lawyers write policy but this just has me floored. This industry has so many people in it that can barely get in and out of a truck cab but a guy like this can't even get a start.

This is the kind of guy we want in this industry, healthy, intelligent (has a Masters), very stable with no baggage whatsoever.

Bottom line, if you're going for Schneider you better do some cardio for a while first.

?Two heartbeats? Hmmmm, me thinks there is more to this than was stated..... Kinda hard to buy. Is it possible he has a "skeleton" in his closet you know not of, and he doesn't want you to know about? The reason I say that is because this link: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/s...cal-Report.pdf
gives the standards and requirements for passing a DOT physical..... and within it there is no specific number of heartbeats mentioned. Maybe its his blood pressure.....

And then again....maybe "big orange" has their own standards. But this is the first time I've ever heard anything like this...... :?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 PM

This isn't about a DOT physical, they're doing their own over and above testing. Same thing happened to me a few years ago when I first started driving and got hired with Pepsi. Pepsi had their own battery of tests and I blew it on a step aerobics test where my heart rate went too high. I'd already been hired and background checked and had a medical card too.

He's not a driver yet, this is a test they do on the first day of training for new students. It's not a skeleton thing either, he had a full background through them before he left and unlike a lot of them, Schneider actually did it.

I told him to blow it off, if he really wants to drive there are many better opportunities out there.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio joe
RIGHT ON ZIPPY!! 1 DAY THEY WILL BE BEGGING 4 DRIVERS IF THEY KEEP UP THERE CRAP!!! :shock:
Yeah i should curb my enthusiasm...

:lol:

Actually i never kid myself that I am of any importance to the great

exsistance machine.... its like pushing a rope.. a waste of energy :wink:
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Rookie

Guess they must have changed things after the flap I caused over a year ago-I started my career with Schneider, going through the training school in GB. In March 07 I went to run my med recert-and found I had high blood pressure-190/140-a reading that high is an automatic disqualification from driving-yet the doc in a box in Indy gave me a 3 month card. I told Schneider I wasn't driving until the BP was down, and they said fine-sounds like you're quitting.

Two weeks later the DOT went after the doc-and subpoenaed Schneiders record of physicals that were performed at that facility.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Update; It just gets weirder and weirder. The heart rate they said he had was 154 with a max of 152, so he was three beats too high. His wife who is has a masters in physical education(long word I can never remember) and works for Kaiser Permanente, brought home a heart monitor and couldn't get a reading over 117 no matter what she made him do.

So either they had a screwed up monitor or there's something else up. At this point it really has nothing to do with Schneider as they employ an outside testing company for the physicals.

He's examining his options and deciding his next step. I was simply letting folks know what happened, not bagging on any company or anything. Just wanted to get the info out.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Board Member

A person is allowed to lay down in the room for at least 30 mins

and have his or her vitals re-checked...

'They' cannot just rush you in and reject you
Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46
A person is allowed to lay down in the room for at least 30 mins

and have his or her vitals re-checked...

'They' cannot just rush you in and reject you
Unless of course a company stopped hiring completely..and ordered all applicants being tested released.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Board Regular

Sounds like the NFL Draft Combine at Indianapolis. Do they clock in the 40 and measure your vertical leap. Or just the flexibility thing to see if you can grab your ankles!

I can understand them wanting to weed out the Career Workers Comp type. But some of this stuff boggles the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folsom Flash
This isn't about a DOT physical, they're doing their own over and above testing. Same thing happened to me a few years ago when I first started driving and got hired with Pepsi. Pepsi had their own battery of tests and I blew it on a step aerobics test where my heart rate went too high. I'd already been hired and background checked and had a medical card too.

He's not a driver yet, this is a test they do on the first day of training for new students. It's not a skeleton thing either, he had a full background through them before he left and unlike a lot of them, Schneider actually did it.

I told him to blow it off, if he really wants to drive there are many better opportunities out there.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Board Regular

The "Fitness Test" is a joke. lift 30 lbs 3 times from floor to waist. Carry 30-lbs 20-ft. Crouch, pull, push. The most reps of anything is 3. If you can't pass this you are in really pad shape.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.