Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Have you checked into

Roehl
Schneider
HO Wolding

These 3 all have their own school and less expensive than going to driver solutions.

If you go to a tech school check out
Gordon
CFI
Crete (if they accept the school)
SRT
Marten

Click on your state on the front page of this site and it will list more companies that take new drivers.

I don't think USA or PAM are regarded all that high in the trucking industry.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Rookie

An Update:

Heading up to St. Louis this upcoming week to begin, 3 week school, 3 week mentor. USA Truck will assign me (presumably) an International 9400i with a 15 Cummins ISX, not sure of year or mileage yet. As I understand it, this will be the truck I will drive until it's decommissioning. I'm already pretty good on manual but am betting there will still be an adjustment curve, as there is a pretty big difference from driving a 94 Nissan XE 5spd and a I9400i.

Any further comments or suggestions greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanks for the support, and most sincere thanks to the PM's I've been getting with much appreciated and good advice.

H.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
automatic only endorsment, were you drunk when you came up with that??
Why would you ask him if he was drunk?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Rookie

Update:

Continued through with the Driver Solutions deal, as my financial situation really wouldn't allow for much room for further exploration. Attended C1 Truck Driver training at the St. Louis, MO branch of the school. Was to be a 3 week training course, which unfortunately has turned to almost 5 weeks. Though abbreviated courses can get you out on the road quickly, I felt it would be best to take a bit more time getting used to things. I've already completed Pre-trip Inspection (92 / 105 score) and Yard Examinations (-9 / -16) at Jefferson City, and Macon testing sites and require just the road portion of my testing. Likely I'll be completing that portion of the testing at either Hannibal or Maulden (sp?).

Currently home for the weekend, but returning to complete course. Have about 10-12 hours on the road time already (most students graduate with 8 hours or less) and I am looking forward to starting with USA Truck in short time. I will need to complete a license transfer from MO to IL before the 1st of May however, due to an IL change in the licensing process. After May 1st, I cannot transfer my license, instead I will have to retest for an entirely new CDL in the state of IL.

Thanks again for the many tips, help, and encouragement provided.

H.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Hope that your road test goes well and that the CDL transfer process is hassle-free.

The best to you as you start with USA Truck!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Rookie

Road done. 92 on Pretrip, -9 on yard (basic), -6 on road. Pretty happy, got the MO license, just need to do the xfer to IL now before the deadline. Graduated with almost 15 hours on the road, sadly the St. Louis branch of C1 closes at the end of the week. Company financial schtuffs.

Home for the next week, hopefully will have the IL license before my trainer shows up.

Thanks btw, for the well-wishing.

H.