Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson30
That must be one of those runs Americans don't want.
On a good week 2000 miles X 31 Cents per = $620 gross
$620 div by 5 = $ 124 Gross
$620 X 50 weeks per =$31000 Gross
After taxes your lucky to bring home somewhere over $400 per week never mind taking there insurance, Child Support, etc.
It's an OTR trucking company, and like all OTR trucking companies they seem to think that a driver who's home more deserves less pay than a guy who lives in a truck for weeks on end.

He probably rates some stop pay to go along with mileage but I agree with you - it's definitely a hosejob. The only good wal-mart driving gig is with their private fleet.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Quote:
After taxes your lucky to bring home somewhere over $400 per week
Wow, I just left that account Schneider/Walmart after 15 mths and those numbers are not too far off.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Rookie

I worked a dedicated account for schneider.... J C Penny in Lenexa kansas, travelled as far as Rapid City SD to Cape Giradeau MO, Ok City to Hays KS. The mileage pay was not great, I started @.27 and 3 years later got .32, (this was two years ago) the "extra" pay, drops, unloads made my pay around $43K in my first year, after 3 years, It was paying me $56K......I lived 4 miles from the D.C. Got home at least once every week, home every Friday, left out Sunday afternoon, to increase my potential earning, How anyone can spend $100 a week when out on the road???? Take a cool box, with fruit, snack/energy bars, even pack sandwiches to last 2 days! Milk, orange juice, and you'll spend less than $40...... You don't have to fill up at Mr Mc's every day!
Schneider might not pay the best, but their dedicated fleet is a good way to earn a living....and get experience...... Not every driver is born behind the wheel, some need to learn it!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishman
I worked a dedicated account for schneider.... J C Penny in Lenexa kansas, travelled as far as Rapid City SD to Cape Giradeau MO, Ok City to Hays KS. The mileage pay was not great, I started @.27 and 3 years later got .32, (this was two years ago) the "extra" pay, drops, unloads made my pay around $43K in my first year, after 3 years, It was paying me $56K......I lived 4 miles from the D.C. Got home at least once every week, home every Friday, left out Sunday afternoon, to increase my potential earning, How anyone can spend $100 a week when out on the road???? Take a cool box, with fruit, snack/energy bars, even pack sandwiches to last 2 days! Milk, orange juice, and you'll spend less than $40...... You don't have to fill up at Mr Mc's every day!
Schneider might not pay the best, but their dedicated fleet is a good way to earn a living....and get experience...... Not every driver is born behind the wheel, some need to learn it!
the cooler is good for me cause most of my expence is drinks, i drink a LOT. Good thing about delivering to Wal-mart i guess.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Rookie

water I hope...... Healthy, no fat........... Park at the back of the truck stop... Any extra excercise will help....or..... be the most of the others.... 150lb overweight, on the verge of heart attacks, strokes and plain old lazyness....
I watched a driver yesterday in Ok City Pilot, drove around the truck stop twice, then found a spot in the closet line to the door.... He hit the JB trailer next to him.... was it to save himself a 100 yard walk!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Rookie

lol...yeah Mountian Dew and those vitamin waters, im hooked on the stuff. Only 20 lbs overweight... dont know when to stop on spaghetti ha.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Rookie

There are some good dedicated runs out there for Schneider. Emphasis on the word some. Most dedicated accounts will pay you at a discounted rate cause of the demand. Let's say their top rate is 45 cents/mi. A lot of the good accounts will pay like 32 cents, 35 cents, etc. I think the most I've heard a SNI dedicated driver make is 60k. If you want more $, you could always take 2-3 trainees at a time and make $80k+/year. Not recommended, but I know people that have done it.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
After taxes your lucky to bring home somewhere over $400 per week never mind taking there insurance, Child Support, etc.
No disrespect driver but can we work any cheaper and still live?
We all need to get together and not do those types of runs.
Instead of paying you 25% of gross to the truck companeys sweetin the deal with not $$$ but benfits (home time, decataded, truck equ, hours, etc) to pay you cheaper to get someone to do the run.
Again driver I mean not disrespect to you but I hope that run works for you and you dont have to quit in a few month because you cant feed your family.

P.S. I hope thats home every night.

Greg
Given Wal-Marts notorious squeezing of their suppliers this is likely all The Pumpkin can afford to pay him.

Now if enough drivers refused to work in these conditions the freight would sit, rates (and compensation) would go up. I agree that no one should do OTR for less than ~$1k/week.

Heck if you are willing to sweat a bit you can make much better $ flatbedding with the same home time.