User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
Wow, I'd REALLY like to know WHAT "food-service" company UPS "owns"...??? Sure news to me after over 3 decades at that company...Lets see..UPS "Logistics" maybe..UPS doesn't have any non union divisions anymore now that UPS Freight is coming into the fold. Hoffa and the IBT would sure be surprised. I'm thinking Maclane or MBM..jealousy has reared it's ugly head.....

sysco....?????? :arrow:
Old 01-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Wow, I'd REALLY like to know WHAT "food-service" company UPS "owns"...??? Sure news to me after over 3 decades at that company...Lets see..UPS "Logistics" maybe..UPS doesn't have any non union divisions anymore now that UPS Freight is coming into the fold. Hoffa and the IBT would sure be surprised. I'm thinking Maclane or MBM..jealousy has reared it's ugly head.....
Try UPS Supply Chain Solutions. Worldwide Dedicated Srvices(DCC). Yes, UPS DOES HAVE NON-UNION DRIVERS!
Here you go, right from the UPS website
http://www.ups-scs.com/
Look under Supply Chain Solutions. THEY ARE A UPS OWNED COMPANY and my pay, benifits, and pension come from UPS!
And UPS does not "OWN" any foodservice company, they provied the private fleet for one.
Quote:
Dedicated Contract Carriage(DCC), a subsidiary of UPS Supply Chain Solutions,................DCC is a dedicated third party provider for private fleets in the transportation industry. Key sectors include automotive, manufacturing, building materials, retails and food products.
Quote:
jealousy has reared it's ugly head
Really? Is that why you were just proven wrong?

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Board Regular

and what is your point ?? That you work non-union for a "union" company ?? Not really............Because you may work for a subsidiary, but you do NOT work FOR UPS..Big difference in pay and pensions..Or are you just willing to let the union people "carry you" on their backs ??? I worked at UPS for over 30 years, they don't "give" anything to anyone. You seem to really not like unions, so theres no point in arguing with a "wannabe Teamster"..Enjoy your 12 bucks an hour....Oh and if you DID know ANYTHING about Brown you would know that on package cars, we had a weight limit by contract. We were not required to lift anything over 100lbs without help. Some guys did, I didn't ,most of the time. Enjoy that hand-truck. Grow a pair-ORGANIZE..Oh and I DID check your link out...It says NOTHING about anyone at Dedicated Contract Carriage being an employee. You are an employee of a CONTRACTOR....
Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
and what is your point ?? That you work non-union for a "union" company ?? Not really............Because you may work for a subsidiary, but you do NOT work FOR UPS..Big difference in pay and pensions..Or are you just willing to let the union people "carry you" on their backs ??? I worked at UPS for over 30 years, they don't "give" anything to anyone. You seem to really not like unions, so theres no point in arguing with a "wannabe Teamster"..Enjoy your 12 bucks an hour....Oh and if you DID know ANYTHING about Brown you would know that on package cars, we had a weight limit by contract. We were not required to lift anything over 100lbs without help. Some guys did, I didn't ,most of the time. Enjoy that hand-truck. Grow a pair-ORGANIZE..Oh and I DID check your link out...It says NOTHING about anyone at Dedicated Contract Carriage being an employee. You are an employee of a CONTRACTOR....
Grow up Fred. This is NOT a Union-Non-Union argument. I never said that I hate UNIONS. I have no problems with UNIONS, just union employees that think they are better then everyone else. So you check the site, that's nice. Keep in mind that UPS is HUGE company with many different divisions. "Brown" is just one of many. As for $12 hour, that's a joke. Were you come up with a number like that is beyond me.
So yes, I am considered a UPS employee, had to go to upsjobs.com to fill out the app, watch every UPS video at orientation, my benifits are through UPS, as far as Pension, yes it is different them the IBT's, so what is the point, I still get one.
Take off the blinders FRED, you "Brown" guys don't own the world!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 PM

God Fred, with that last post looks like you got your brown panties all in a knot. Double R is right with what he said. They're all the way out on the West Coast as well. There's plenty of guys out there making as much or more as a UPS'er if they know where to look for good work. Ups'ers are nothing more than a truck driver with decent pay when it all comes down to it.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Board Regular

I grew up a long time ago. On a picket line, where you have never been obviously. I do not like "hangers on" or wanna be's....If you do not like it, well too bad. You are a poser. You are NOT a UPS employee, so stop telling me you are, I'm not that stupid. I've sat at a bargaining table with the heads of UPS and helped negotiate contracts, something you know nothing about. So kindly don't tell me what or what not to do, people who know me at Local 63 (Bloomington, CA) know exactly who and what I stand for. You do not have a clue. You post useless links and hide behind an Internet board claiming to be a UPS employee when you are NOT. I do not care for people who do not have the balls to take a stand.....and then criticize those who do. I stand for the working person, and I always have.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

yeah good thing the unions have never taken advantage of the working man.......oh wait,nevermind.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:23 AM

What else did ya do for UPS fred??? You're beginning to sound like a loudmouth at the truckstop counter. How long did the strike at UPS last 10-12 years ago? A week or two? You cats all knew your jobs weren't going anywhere.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I grew up a long time ago. On a picket line, where you have never been obviously. I do not like "hangers on" or wanna be's....If you do not like it, well too bad. You are a poser. You are NOT a UPS employee, so stop telling me you are, I'm not that stupid. I've sat at a bargaining table with the heads of UPS and helped negotiate contracts, something you know nothing about. So kindly don't tell me what or what not to do, people who know me at Local 63 (Bloomington, CA) know exactly who and what I stand for. You do not have a clue. You post useless links and hide behind an Internet board claiming to be a UPS employee when you are NOT. I do not care for people who do not have the balls to take a stand.....and then criticize those who do. I stand for the working person, and I always have.
Your right FRED, I said UPS-SCS employee, one of the MANY compaines that UPS HAS! You are a retired "BROWN" employee, you are not UPS, you are UPS BROWN, one of the many compaines tat UPS HAS! Get it right. As for useless links, don't think so, and hiding behind a screen, come on out to PA some time buddy, I'll so you hiding. Now take your head out of your union butt and take the blinders off!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE